Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Führerprinzip

I can agree with about 90% of that article.

I part with the author on his characterization of Rand.

I don't think Rand has a leadership complex, but he's certainly having to sell himself as a leader to people who desire that characteristic in a candidate. While he has to act like a Fuhrer to win, other candidates actually want to be a Fuhrer.

But, Eric nails it otherwise. This leadership complex, or I suppose, followership complex, in the case of the voter, exists in the minds of the vast, vast majority of voters.

It doesn't make my dick hard when he talks about having these great plans and stuff (like the 14.5% plan), but you know, that sort of stuff turns a lot of voters on. I really don't count on a candidate to fix everything with a plan like that, but Eric's right, that's what people want. Solutions. Leadership. Adults.

And anyone who thinks that freedom is the most paramount issue we should strive for is just an idealistic child.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 10-29-2015 at 12:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    ya, that is what I was thinking. there was a "schism"
    sorta like that Roman Catholic thingy.
    YOU of course. are NOT Roman Catholic.
    you are orthodox.
    got it.

should I seek your help if I have a DDC problem? (direct digital controls)
    HVAC has a LOT to do with "control" work. and there IS a "hierarchy" involved..

I thank you in advance.
    Stay. On. Topic. And get over yourself.

Good article AF!
    There is no spoon.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    did I write something that confused you?
    or are you stating that as a fact?

can you decipher a road map or an electrical schematic?

helpful hint.
    if you do NOT know where you are. neither one will help you.
    Ever chase down a buffer overrun?
    How about dynamic sql? How much of that have you played with?

Let's move into hobbies - I'm sure you could pontificate on the differences between martensite and pearlite, and what they mean for heat treatments, right?

You wanna know one of my other hobbies? Not calling the HVAC techs. Yeah, I've repaired my own heat pump... twice.

I don't remember ever insulting your intelligence, but if you wanna go there we can spend some more time on it.

I think it is far past the time for you to accept that the people you spend so much time insulting here may just have actually read the Constitution and the supporting documents of the era and have reached the same conclusion AF did: Constitutionalism is exactly what it is right now, and has never been anything else.

Are there great ideas in the US Constitution? Well... some, like the idea of not having a standing army. Too bad they phrased most of those ideas so poorly that nobody understands that this was the idea.

As I've said before, hitting the reset button on an electrical device cycles the power. The button you want to press is "power off". Kill the device and do not restart it, because it is the device that got us exactly where we are.

I would love it if we could discuss real ways forward, but unfortunately you have a ton of catching up to do. So please, while you're struggling to figure out what we already know, drop the $#@!ing superiority act.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Leftists are just as dedicated to the "party line' or the arbiters of "political correctness" which ultimately transforms itself into the great leader idea of Lenin, Stalin, or Barry Sotero.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

I wanted Ron to win simply because I trusted him to do what he said if he won.

Namely, to destroy or at least greatly diminish the power of the office of the president.

He did not want power, he wanted to curb it.

He was attacked from all sides because of this idea.

Watched Bill O'Reilly last night for the first times in years.

I think he said "we need a strong leader" or words to that effect, at least 25 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Stay. On. Topic. And get over yourself.

Good article AF!
    Every time I read one of his posts, it reminds me of babies forgotten in the bathtub. I can't imagine why.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And that has what to do with anything?

Regardless, Ron was wrong when he said the CONstitutional doesn't authorize ünsere füher to run our lives.

Government clearly does have that authorization, right down to how many gallons of water we are allowed in our $#@!ters.

Just ask the government judges.
    It could also be speculated that pretending to be a Constitutional minarchist was the concession Paul made in order to attain elected office. If you look at the intellectual circle he has surrounded himself with his entire life, almost none of them support the Constitution and and virtually all of them are individual anarchists rather than minarchists.

Keystone bump

I once listened to a lecture that actually made a lot of sense...it said that for society to be stable, only a very small percentage of people can be independent thinkers. A society with too many independent thinkers would disintegrate into endless bickering and quarrels in the face of competition or invasion from another society with a more unified outlook. Of course, that unified outlook requires the majority of people to susceptible to being pulled in a single direction.

Thus genetically, biologically, nature has selected for societies in which there are a few independent thinkers engaging in erudite discussion, competing for positions of leadership over the mindless herd.

This is frankly what America used to be, when only white, property owning (read: not dependent on government for basic subsistence and generally educated) males could vote. Universal suffrage is a terrible, terrible idea. (not saying nonwhites or women shouldn't be able to vote, but I don't think just everyone should either--perhaps a property threshold or educational requirement is not a bad thing).
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12