Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: October 28th Republican debate on CNBC - Official thread

So, it's obvious now that Lindsey Graham is the next push candidate. They want to push him on to the main stage, and they are pulling out all the stops.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    So, it's obvious now that Lindsey Graham is the next push candidate. They want to push him on to the main stage, and they are pulling out all the stops.
    He'll need a hell of a lot more help than press from the debate. They will have forgotten about him by late tonight.

They are talking to him now. He just said on day 1 he would rebuild NATO so Putin would see NATO flags everywhere he looks. Putin would have a pair of 2's, and he would have a full house.
    Last edited by CPUd; 10-28-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Ted Cruz said earlier that he also has a tax plan that would be published tomorrow. When asked for details, he said it would grow the economy. Because obviously it is bad to have a tax plan that wrecks the economy.

One of his staffers walking with him looks very familiar, maybe from Santorum 2012 staff. I am looking for a picture.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    I am cable challenged. but hopeful for a working link..
    I am down the street from where Rand did the Jake Tapper interview a couple hours ago,
    yet let us know what works online. I am trying this . . .
    www.tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=24766

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If anyone has a Roku you can watch the debate via CNBC Europe on the Nowhere TV app. I know that won't help those without a Roku, but wanted to give a heads up for anyone who does use one.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Ted Cruz said earlier that he also has a tax plan that would be published tomorrow. When asked for details, he said it would grow the economy. Because obviously it is bad to have a tax plan that wrecks the economy.
    Given his track record, I'm expecting him to propose a 14.499% flat tax.

Here's a stream that works after you click the "close ad" button (and window that pops up) a couple times:

http://www.hulkusc.com/watch-cnbc-live-stream/
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

I guess I'll watch some of this.

http://www.cnbc.com/voting/ vote paul quickly

of course he's last on list (regardless of seating it wouldve been that way)
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Romney wants Graham in the main debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenliad View Post
    Romney wants Graham in the main debate.
    They weren't sure if the tweet really was from him.

Alright gentlemen,

I have no cable this evening, and my internet connection is dubious, so I'm expecting some high quality commentary; make it so.

godspeed Rand, godspeed

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They weren't sure if the tweet really was from him.
    It's on his verified twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    He'll need a hell of a lot more help than press from the debate. They will have forgotten about him by late tonight.

They are talking to him now. He just said on day 1 he would rebuild NATO so Putin would see NATO flags everywhere he looks. Putin would have a pair of 2's, and he would have a full house.
    Yeah, it's pretty funny to see everyone trying to say that he won.

But he's so far down that he won't be moving up anywhere. And even if he picks up a couple points temporarily, they won't be coming from Rand so it doesn't hurt us.

They just mentioned Rand going into the cafeteria today at UC Boulder and "not like he was a rock star", but everyone in the cafeteria stood up and took pictures as soon as he went in there.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Alright gentlemen,

I have no cable this evening, and my internet connection is dubious, so I'm expecting some high quality commentary; make it so.

godspeed Rand, godspeed
    Just mentioned Rand had lunch in the cafeteria, with students, and his libertarianism appeals to them.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

I thought this started at 8?

I hope the vapid discussion the talking heads are having right now are not indicative of the quality of the debate coming up.

It's sorta started, Reince Priebus spanking to the crowd now.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post

5pm pdt and 8pm edt.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    IIRC, they said "shortly after 8" or something; guess it has to do with the timing of the JV debate.

...and maybe they want to sneak some nonsense index fund commercials in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    Just mentioned Rand had lunch in the cafeteria, with students, and his libertarianism appeals to them.
    Very positive little aside there. Made me glad.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Just showed Rand #3 with 12-14% in "who will win the debate" poll, behind Carson and Trump

These CNBC people are way too excited talking about the debate.

Just showed Rand #3 with 12-14% in "who will win the debate" poll, behind Carson and Trump
    VOTE!

http://www.cnbc.com/voting/
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

CNBC...double digits next to paul's name in poll....good sign...needs to kill it tonight

LOL, "Rand is lagging in the polls, he needs to do well in this debate", someone else, "he just got mobbed by students today"

Quote Originally Posted by freejack View Post
    I hope the vapid discussion the talking heads are having right now are not indicative of the quality of the debate coming up.
    Me too. Vapid is just the right word to describe it.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They are implying Cruz is opportunistic, "I just want him to say 1 thing tonight that doesn't appeal to the base"

CNBC commentators .... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Is baseball on tonight?

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic