Thread: 4 Nov 15 I officially go to war with Alabama and Dale County

4 Nov 15 I officially go to war with Alabama and Dale County

As some may recall, I made a comment about me running school personnel off my property. Escalation has begun.

Quick back story summary:

I've had many issues with my son's former school, testing my will to resist doing violent things. Long story short, it culminated when my son lost a filling, developed a tooth ache, and needed to see the dentist. When I went to pick him up for his appointment, they would not release him from school (spare me the "release him?!?!", because I'm already with you) saying he was taking an ACT test. He was a junior. The school went to Common Core, and use thee scores to justify funding. I bit my tongue, because all I thought about was that .357 siting in my truck, and talk about making a bad day a really bad day......

So, since that was at the end of his scholastic year, I informed them that he would not be enrolling next year, and we'd do his GED, since that is the exact same damn thing as a diploma nowadays. I get a phone call the beginning of THIS scholastic year from the Asst Principal, saying he had not been in school yet. I reminded them, again, that he would not be back. They said I needed to sign some papers, and I told them to $#@! off as they had told me last year I was banned from school property. They threatened me with court, and I would have to pay for it. I told them that $#@! does not scare me, and it's best to just leave us alone.

Fast forward to today:

I get a summons from the constable for me and my son both to appear in juvenile court for truancy under the compulsory attendance law in Alabama. Well, the problem is my son is 18 (in Alabama, you are considered a minor until 19), and under the compulsory attendance law, a student may drop out of school at 17. Reading the summons, I saw those magic words.....

.....they put him on the rolls anyway, and are listing him as truant.

I've got an attorney digging, and is salivating at the mouth. Because if he finds where they took one dime from the government for his head count.....

Like I said, I'm about to show these $#@!ers what fighting really is.

Pray for a brother.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Best of success, Ink. You're fighting the good fight. May you utterly crush and destroy these buggers.

Good luck to you sir!! Show those bastards not to mess with you.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Well it depends on whether or not you are actually legally required to sign those papers to take your kid off of compulsory attendance. Telling them to $#@! off because they had previously banned you from school property is kind of nonsensical because if they have the authority to ban you in the first place, they obviously have the ability to unban you or allow you on school property in order to sign papers. Good luck though I hope it turns out alright
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Well it depends on whether or not you are actually legally required to sign those papers to take your kid off of compulsory attendance. Telling them to $#@! off because they had previously banned you from school property is kind of nonsensical because if they have the authority to ban you in the first place, they obviously have the ability to unban you or allow you on school property in order to sign papers. Good luck though I hope it turns out alright
    Compulsory attendance applies to children 6 to 17. Again, he was / is 18

what happens if your attorney finds they accepted money for your son's head count? What does that have to do with the truancy charge?

It would be fraud on the part of the school for charging whichever institution pays for the enrolled students.

Fraud destroys credibility. If any sort of fraud is proven, Intoxiklown and his sons story immediately becomes more viable in a court (in terms of beating the school).

In short if our friend here told the school his son was not returning and the school billed the government for the sons attendance, that's fraud.

The problem comes down to whether or not Intoxiklown went through the right process to enroll the son elsewhere or prove that he had actually dropped out. Those are for the lawyer to figure based on the local laws.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    what happens if your attorney finds they accepted money for your son's head count? What does that have to do with the truancy charge?
    Last edited by Seraphim; 10-27-2015 at 07:21 PM.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    It would be fraud on the part of the school for charging whichever institution pays for the enrolled students.

Fraud destroys credibility. If any sort of fraud is proven, Intoxiklown and his sons story immediately becomes more viable in a court (in terms of beating the school).
    And it would give me the satisfaction of opening a can of worms they can't close. More so since they are a common core curriculum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Speak to your lawyer if there is anything specific you need to do to either enroll him in a home GED or prove he's a dropout (if you have not already done so).

If you've done nothing you may not get the result you want (in the courts). Ignorance of the law has never been accepted in a court. HOWEVER, if you start ASAP to rectify any ignorance's you may have had and start getting that paperwork in line (for your son), it could help your cause with a judge.

I'd hit up your lawyer ASAP if there's no proof of the changes in your sons education (written documentation).

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    And it would give me the satisfaction of opening a can of worms they can't close. More so since they are a common core curriculum.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Whatever the legal standing in this case, I wish you good luck. I appreciate any fight against this pathetic and corrupt public school system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

God speed my brother
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Good luck brother, burn em down if you can.

Well, represented myself pro se

Took about 2 minutes to have the case dismissed. Their entire case hinged on compulsory attendance laws, and I showed in black and white how those laws did not apply to my son, nor did the court have any jurisdiction over him.

Took about 2 minutes to have the case dismissed. Their entire case hinged on compulsory attendance laws, and I showed in black and white how those laws did not apply to my son, nor did the court have any jurisdiction over him.
    Lol, nice job!
    "I am a bird"

Well, that's surprising. It seems like the good guys never win. Great job.

All your children are belong to us
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Intoxiklown again.

The ACT test is extremely important to your child's future (if he wants to make something of himself). The tests are kept in airtight sealed plastic wrapping, which is unsealed precisely when the clock begins to start the test. Only #2 pencils are allowed, and are provided to the students pre-sharpened. Hundreds of students are sat in rows, with dead silence rigidly enforced. If you are foolish enough to take a bathroom break during the strict time controls, only one will be allowed maximum (nobody does). The tests are all randomized such that the answers of one test will not correspond to those of another. Each test has a unique identification number and a processing number. The entire test is administered by professional trained personnel, and is only offered on specific dates one or two times per year.

This is not a casual quiz of the students, this is serious business that is a major factor in determining college admissions, and thus the future course of your child's life. Many students study for YEARS to do well on this one test. You cannot just show up at school and decide to pull your child out in the middle of the ACT, this is insane.

You know in Japan, they have ONE test (or at least they used to) that determines the entire future course of the students life. No retakes, no accommodations for sickness or injury. Some students actually deliberately hold themselves back a grade or two just so they'll be in a better position to nail the test when the time comes. Can you imagine if your parent showed up to yank you out of your chair in the middle of this test?

Well that certainly was anti-climatic.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    The ACT test is extremely important to your child's future (if he wants to make something of himself). The tests are kept in airtight sealed plastic wrapping, which is unsealed precisely when the clock begins to start the test. Only #2 pencils are allowed, and are provided to the students pre-sharpened. Hundreds of students are sat in rows, with dead silence rigidly enforced. If you are foolish enough to take a bathroom break during the strict time controls, only one will be allowed maximum (nobody does). The tests are all randomized such that the answers of one test will not correspond to those of another. Each test has a unique identification number and a processing number. The entire test is administered by professional trained personnel, and is only offered on specific dates one or two times per year.

This is not a casual quiz of the students, this is serious business that is a major factor in determining college admissions, and thus the future course of your child's life. Many students study for YEARS to do well on this one test. You cannot just show up at school and decide to pull your child out in the middle of the ACT, this is insane.

You know in Japan, they have ONE test (or at least they used to) that determines the entire future course of the students life. No retakes, no accommodations for sickness or injury. Some students actually deliberately hold themselves back a grade or two just so they'll be in a better position to nail the test when the time comes. Can you imagine if your parent showed up to yank you out of your chair in the middle of this test?

Is this a joke? You can take the ACT as many times as you want.

Is this a joke? You can take the ACT as many times as you want.
    In this country, yes. But it's only offered a few times per year

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    The ACT test is extremely important to your child's future (if he wants to make something of himself).

I realize you have to live up to your name, but (1) you can register to take the ACT multiple times and (2) the ACT isn't the only game in town. There's also the SAT.

From a fellow Alabamian, congratulations to the OP on his victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaddaeus View Post
    I realize you have to live up to your name, but (1) you can register to take the ACT multiple times and (2) the ACT isn't the only game in town. There's also the SAT.

From a fellow Alabamian, congratulations to the OP on his victory.
    Agree
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.