Thread: Cop shoots at dog, kills woman instead

Cop shoots at dog, kills woman instead

This may have already been posted. If so I apologize. I found this by accident. I was looking for a story I saw before where a cop shot at a dog and almost hit somebody. It was only a matter of time before a cop shot at a dog and killed a person. So...here's the question for today. When will gun control be imposed on police? Seriously. Pulling out a gun and discharging it because you are afraid of a dog puts innocent people in danger. So where's the outcry demanding this be stopped? If a cop shoots a dog that is not in the middle of actually mauling someone that cop should be terminated because he has needlessly put innocent human life at risk.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...woman-instead/
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cops have been discharging their weapons for any reason or no reason at all since the very first cop ever existed.
    You might as well be asking when are people going to make drinking cups that don't hold liquid, or when are people going to make computers that don't do addition.
    If you're talking about a job where the job holder isn't able to just discharge his weapon whenever he feels like it at whomever or whatever for whatever reason he finds fit, ​you're not talking about cops anymore.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

If I remember right the outcome to this was a long paid vacation for the killer and the city stole the dog and was going to put it down, because it was a "dangerous animal." Meanwhile, the real dangerous animal has probably been back on patrol for a while.

However, better that a mundane gets a bullet in the head or knee than for a Hero to risk getting bit ...

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Cops have been discharging their weapons for any reason or no reason at all since the very first cop ever existed.
    You might as well be asking when are people going to make drinking cups that don't hold liquid, or when are people going to make computers that don't do addition.
    If you're talking about a job where the job holder isn't able to just discharge his weapon whenever he feels like it at whomever or whatever for whatever reason he finds fit, ​you're not talking about cops anymore.
    Stop making sense! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to fisharmor again.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    If I remember right the outcome to this was a long paid vacation for the killer and the city stole the dog and was going to put it down, because it was a "dangerous animal." Meanwhile, the real dangerous animal has probably been back on patrol for a while.

However, better that a mundane gets a bullet in the head or knee than for a Hero to risk getting bit ...
    SMH!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

This isn’t the first time an officer has reportedly shot at a dog and mistakenly hit a human. It happens a few times each year, including instances where cops*have mistakenly*shot other cops, nearby*childrenor even*themselves. In an Ohio drug raid a few years ago, one officer mistook the sound of his colleagues shooting the suspect’s dogs for hostile gunfire. He reacted by opening fire into a bedroom, killing a woman and injuring the child she was holding at the time.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Cops happen. Moves along.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.