Thread: Fire Cider ~ Good for cold and flu season

Thumbs up Fire Cider ~ Good for cold and flu season

Fire Cider ~ Good for cold and flu season. I just made a batch of this and wanted to share the recipe gearing up for the winter ahead.

Fire Cider

½ cup grated fresh horseradish root
    ½ cup or more fresh chopped onions
    ¼ cup or more chopped garlic
    ¼ cup or more grated ginger
    Chopped fresh or dried cayenne pepper ‘to taste’. Can be whole or powdered. ‘ To Taste’ means should be hot, but not so hot you can’t tolerate it. Better to make it a little milder than to hot; you can always add more pepper later if necessary.
    Optional ingredients; Turmeric, Echinacea, cinnamon, etc.

Place herbs in a half-gallon canning jar and cover with enough raw unpasteurized apple cider vinegar to cover the herbs by at least three to four inches. Cover tightly with a tight fitting lid.
    Place jar in a warm place and let for three to four weeks. Best to shake every day to help in the maceration process.
    After three to four weeks, strain out the herbs, and reserve the liquid.
    Add honey ‘to taste’. Warm the honey first so it mixes in well. “To Taste’ means your Fire Cider should taste hot, spicy, and sweet. “A little bit of honey helps the medicine go down……”
    Rebottle and enjoy! Fire Cider will keep for several months unrefrigerated if stored in a cool pantry. But it’s better to store in the refrigerator if you’ve room.

A small shot glass daily serves as an excellent tonic Or take teaspoons if you feel a cold coming on.

Take it more frequently if necessary to help your immune system do battle.

http://freefirecider.com/rosemarys-story/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what? no lemon?

I think that honey to taste for me would require a 1:1 ratio.. looks powerful
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    what? no lemon?

I have seen some recipes to use citrus (Lemon or Orange) but I used the above recipe last year and it worked good for me.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    what? no lemon?

Lemon?! Where's the whiskey?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Since I am allergic to bee products I would use cane juice to sweeten but it sounds like a good recipe

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Since I am allergic to bee products I would use cane juice to sweeten but it sounds like a good recipe
    Try organic maple syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Lemon?! Where's the whiskey?
    That's a hot toddy. You drink that when you are sick. The Fire Cider is prevention.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    That's a hot toddy. You drink that when you are sick. The Fire Cider is prevention.
    Ah, I've always just gone straight for the cure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That looks like a good marinade as well. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Ah, I've always just gone straight for the cure.
    I make mead (honey wine) and add medicinal herbs. I have different brews for different ailments. The alcohol and the yeast extract medicinal properties that are left behind by water alone.

Ail and ale come from the same root word. In the old days they brewed with all kinds of medicinal herbs. (The stuck with hops because the sedation led to less bar fights and it tastes pretty darn good too.) An alehouse was full of medicinal brews for what aled you and the brewer was usually a good herbalist.

We've lost that over the years

But not at my house.

This sounds damn good. Who cares if it's good for me?

Been using this for months. Awesome product.

I actually like the taste of apple cider vinegar. This will clean your system out if anything is ailing it.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    That looks like a good marinade as well. Thanks!
    Uh huh for stir fry.

Bump for Flu season.