Thread: Rand with Martha MacCallum: blasts 'false narrative' that campaign is over

Rand with Martha MacCallum: blasts 'false narrative' that campaign is over

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    Martha MacCallum is sort of a beezy here. Is she trying to do a Megyn Kelly impression

Glad they are trying to fight back against the narrative, though I think Rand could have been a little more forceful in this interview. He did bring up some decent points, but I think he should have highlighted more about people leading this far out very rarely go on to win the nomination. He brought up Herman Cain quickly at the beginning. I also don't know why he didn't bring up the fact that Santorum was only at 3-4% just weeks before the Iowa caucus (yea I know that was largely to media pumping him at the last moment, but still a point Rand could bring up imo), maybe he just can't bring himself to say anything positive about Santorum which I wouldn't really be able to fault him over

I'm glad he brought up Herman Cain. He needs to repeat this more. Keep mentioning the people who won Iowa before but were at 1% at this point.

Not bad, but .... stop answering stupid questions, fight back, talk policy instead e.g. "I think you should lay off this false narrative trying to influence the outcome of the elections. I am the only candidate who ......"

Quote Originally Posted by libertyplz View Post
    Glad they are trying to fight back against the narrative, though I think Rand could have been a little more forceful in this interview. He did bring up some decent points, but I think he should have highlighted more about people leading this far out very rarely go on to win the nomination. He brought up Herman Cain quickly at the beginning. I also don't know why he didn't bring up the fact that Santorum was only at 3-4% just weeks before the Iowa caucus (yea I know that was largely to media pumping him at the last moment, but still a point Rand could bring up imo), maybe he just can't bring himself to say anything positive about Santorum which I wouldn't really be able to fault him over
    Nothing positive about Santorums, unless you like it extra frothy.

Quote Originally Posted by logikal View Post
    I'm glad he brought up Herman Cain. He needs to repeat this more. Keep mentioning the people who won Iowa before but were at 1% at this point.
    The Herman Cain mention was weak, he should have talked more. He simply dropped a name. Most people do not even remember who Herman Cain was.

Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    Nothing positive about Santorums, unless you like it extra frothy.
    Haha fair enough. Mr. Frothy.... almost sounds like a type of ice cream!
    Last edited by libertyplz; 10-16-2015 at 01:19 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Haha fair enough. Mr. Frothy.... almost sounds like a type of ice cream!
    Not what most people think of as ice-cream.

Isn't he still running ? At least I haven't heard he dropped out already.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post

Mr. Frosty... Mr. Frothy?? Okay I'll keep my weird thoughts/lame poo inspired jokes to myself from now on
    Last edited by libertyplz; 10-16-2015 at 01:24 PM.

He did fine, but not amazing.

It's silly talk anyways. Probably just good enough for him to get a timeslot and continue to be in the minds of viewers.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post

I don't recall him getting into the race this round, though I do remember him testing the waters. Are you thinking of Huckabee?

It is awfully hard to tell the players without a scorecard this year. I keep having to refer to the list when I wind up my Sunday Morning Sit Down Stand Up Comedy thread with a list of Those Wo Must Not Be Named for the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I don't recall him getting into the race this round, though I do remember him testing the waters. Are you thinking of Huckabee?

It is awfully hard to tell the players without a scorecard this year. I keep having to refer to the list when I wind up my Sunday Morning Sit Down Stand Up Comedy thread with a list of Those Wo Must Not Be Named for the week.
    Nope, he's definitely still running. He also was in at least one of the pre-debates.
    http://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/
    "I am a bird"

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Man that girl is a bitch.

Mr. Frosty... Mr. Frothy?? Okay I'll keep my weird thoughts/lame poo inspired jokes to myself from now on
    Too funny. . . my friend owns Mr Frosty's ice cream. Norwalk, CT

Just like I said would happen after the memo...

"So when are you dropping out Rand?"

Dumb bitch not having a clue being told what to ask. She just kept going around and around and around with the same question.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wish Rand would stop calling young voters "kids". Being popular with "kids" is not a selling point. He is winning among people who are most concerned about the burden of debt that they and their children are going to inherit. He is doing well among people who are most concerned about both Republicans and Democrats losing their way on foreign policy. He is popular among people who want to fight for the entire bill of rights. Stop saying "popular with the kids".
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

I thought it was cute they took the time to go over the memo and tried to make point-by-point arguments against it. It forced them to show RCP average of the entire field where there are 5 or 6 people behind Rand. Then the obligatory "what do you think about trump __" question at the end.

So, why is Rand the only candidate who keeps getting bombarded with this question? Why do Huckabee, Graham, Santorum, Kasich, Christie, etc. not find themselves being dogged about dropping out of the race, in spite of the fact that their poll numbers are as low as or lower than Rand's? One would think Rand was in a distant last place in the polls, judging by the way he's treated.

He does need to clearly explain to these interviewers that candidates have surged from poll numbers as low as or lower than his to take leads or win primaries on multiple occasions within the last few years-- mentioning Herman Cain is a good start, but there are more examples and more compelling illustrations.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Every interview with Rand, all the interviewers remind me of Jim Carrey from Dumb and Dumber...

Media:"So Rand, your polls are low, Trump, Trump, Trump... So when you dropping out?"
    Rand: "I'm in it for the long hall, didn't you read my memo? I have a ground game..."
    Media: "So what you are saying is that there is a chance that you are dropping out?"
    Rand: "No!"
    Media: "So what you are saying, is that there is still a chance then that you are dropping out?"

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Not bad, but .... stop answering stupid questions, fight back, talk policy instead e.g. "I think you should lay off this false narrative trying to influence the outcome of the elections. I am the only candidate who ......"
    Then he'll seem overly on the offense, which is only suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by LawnWake View Post
    Then he'll seem overly on the offense, which is only suspicious.
    What ? He needs, at some point, start looking like a leader of the winning team. That look is still not there.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    So, why is Rand the only candidate who keeps getting bombarded with this question? Why do Huckabee, Graham, Santorum, Kasich, Christie, etc. not find themselves being dogged about dropping out of the race, in spite of the fact that their poll numbers are as low as or lower than Rand's? One would think Rand was in a distant last place in the polls, judging by the way he's treated.
    Cause Martha is a Fox slut, that's why. Sorry for the language, ladies. It's appropriate here.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Every interview with Rand, all the interviewers remind me of Jim Carrey from Dumb and Dumber...

Media:"So Rand, your polls are low, Trump, Trump, Trump... So when you dropping out?"
    Rand: "I'm in it for the long hall, didn't you read my memo? I have a ground game..."
    Media: "So what you are saying is that there is a chance that you are dropping out?"
    Rand: "No!"
    Media: "So what you are saying, is that there is still a chance then that you are dropping out?"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    gotta love how 4 years ago when santorum was pokin around at the bottom of the polls month after month the media was CONSTANTLY all "dont count out santorum" and "santorum could be the dark horse to win it". That would make an awesome media bias exposed video.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Cause Martha is a Fox slut, that's why. Sorry for the language, ladies. It's appropriate here.
    Unfortunately, yes. We tend to cut the McCallums, Lees, et al FOX attack poodles a break because they appear to be "nicer" personalities than the more openly brassy or obnoxious Megyn Kellys. But they've all agreed to repeat whatever neocon robohawk bankster cant that's fed into their ear pieces.

FOX is a repetitious propaganda organ, first to last---they're still calling Rand's non-interventionist foreign policy "isolationism" after being corrected a thousand times on the matter over the years. The pejorative rhetoric and narrative is deliberate.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/