Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul: ‘Idiots in the Republican Party’ Want War in Syria and So Does Hillary Clinton

Rand Paul: ‘Idiots in the Republican Party’ Want War in Syria and So Does Hillary Clinton

Rand Paul: ‘Idiots in the Republican Party’ Want War in Syria and So Does Hillary Clinton
    Candid moment from Paul's livestream
    https://reason.com/blog/2015/10/13/r...publican-party
    If you’ve been watching the livestream of Sen. Rand Paul’s day on the campaign trail in Iowa, you know he drove through a lot of cornfields and listened to some Metallica. But perhaps the most noteworthy moment came when he paused the music and attacked his Republican—and Democratic opponents—for being war cheerleaders.

He said:

I think we should talk about politics for a minute. Shouldn’t we at least talk about what idiots we have in the Republican Party running for president who want to have a red line and a no-fly zone in Syria. What a recipe for disaster. But you know what the interesting thing is, Hillary Clinton agrees with all of them. All of them beating their chest to see who is the most likely to get us involved in a war that really, these people have been at war for a thousand years. You think somehow we’re going to solve their problems?
    This is the side of Paul libertarians want to see more of—particularly in the debates. Voters who think it’s a good idea to get involved in the Syrian civil war have plenty of candidates on both sides of the aisle to choose from. On the other hand, voters who are skeptical that further military intervention in the Middle East could possibly be the right course of action have few options. Paul must court them.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is exactly what Rand needs to be saying.
    Stop believing stupid things

We Salute You!

https://reason.com/blog/2015/10/13/r...publican-party

I think we should talk about politics for a minute. Shouldn’t we at least talk about what idiots we have in the Republican Party running for president who want to have a red line and a no-fly zone in Syria. What a recipe for disaster. But you know what the interesting thing is, Hillary Clinton agrees with all of them. All of them beating their chest to see who is the most likely to get us involved in a war that really, these people have been at war for a thousand years. You think somehow we’re going to solve their problems?
    Video here: https://www.facebook.com/NowThisPoli...8569526174537/

THIS..THIS.. is how it is done. Vincent Harris has turned out to be a bigger score than I could ever have imagined. Highlights of this need to be edited into an ad and it needs to be done again.

How great would a live cast of the day of the debate? The make-up. The bull$#@!. Rand could DO this. Rand's got a great wit. A live broadcast in the same vein for the next debate would be HUGE. Promoted correctly. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    THIS..THIS.. is how it is done. Vincent Harris has turned out to be a bigger score than I could ever have imagined. Highlights of this need to be edited into an ad and it needs to be done again.

How great would a live cast of the day of the debate? The make-up. The bull$#@!. Rand could DO this. Rand's got a great wit. A live broadcast in the same vein for the next debate would be HUGE. Promoted correctly. IMHO.
    agree 100%

this could be crazy good for the campaign if he will do it a couple more times.. especially on debate day...
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Oh noes! Doesn't Rand understand that he should be making friends with those people? No wonder everyone is leaving this place! /sarcasm

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But...but...but...he's going to alienate all those people he's going to need later. Way to win hearts and minds, Rand. /sarcasm

I saw this live and it was pretty bone chilling.. I really loved that. I expect him to talk about that more. It wasn't an accident that Rand went off on them.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Oh noes! Doesn't Rand understand that he should be making friends with those people? No wonder everyone is leaving this place! /sarcasm
    Rand has jettisoned that whole failed strategy thank God. Now this is a Rand I stand with.

Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    Rand has jettisoned that whole failed strategy thank God. Now this is a Rand I stand with.
    I liked it too...I hope you noticed the sarcasm...that comment was directed at those who criticized us for calling out Trump et al too harshly (you know who you are)

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I hope he eats their lunch.

Is there video of this?

Rand has officially hit his stride at this point, time to go up from here.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Is there video of this?

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/75443927

At around 12:24 is the start of foreign policy discussion. As a word of caution, if you are wearing headphones and have your volume way up, might want to lower it a tad, if you skip to just before the FP talk you may get blasted out by Metallica. Happened to me earlier and I just about had a heart attack haha
    Last edited by libertyplz; 10-13-2015 at 08:54 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dude needs to get caught "on camera" saying more $#@! like this. Only thing would of been better is if he would of said $#@!s instead of idiots.

His honesty is like a refreshing breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I liked it too...I hope you noticed the sarcasm...that comment was directed at those who criticized us for calling out Trump et al too harshly (you know who you are)
    I noticed the sarcasm, it does appear to be your modus operandi

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Needs to create a movement. Like "bring home the troops" slogan. Beating around the bush and calling others idiots even when they are isn't going to win him new voters. Creating a sense of identity will and connection will. That's how Trump splashed on to the scene. He used immigration and deportation.

I noticed the sarcasm, it does appear to be your modus operandi
    At times.

It was a good strategy... for every normal election cycle. Not this one, though. Go Rand 2.0!

Why are people so giddy about the fact that Rand Paul uses abusive language about his political opponents? Their Syria policies upset me too, but I am not going to stoop to the level of insulting those who disagree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by givemeliberty2010 View Post
    Why are people so giddy about the fact that Rand Paul uses abusive language about his political opponents? Their Syria policies upset me too, but I am not going to stoop to the level of insulting those who disagree with me.
    First he's too weak with the "my goodness" now he's too abusive with calling people "idiots". Nothing he does will ever satisfy everyone.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Indeed, the topic of killing thousands upon thousands of people for no real benefit whatsoever should be treated to as much euphemistic references of simply "agreeing to disagree" as possible.
    Last edited by hells_unicorn; 10-14-2015 at 05:47 PM.

So there is a big difference here with other policies.. I get your point, but we are talking about WW3 here... We literally have people in our party who are saying shoot down russian planes that break our no-fly zone.... I say the "Idiot" line here makes 100% complete sense. This isn't a tax proposal or a spending cut, this is war we are talking about. Hillary is right there with them. I think this resonates because we are talking about something extremely serious. Having a stand-off with Russia makes 0 sense.

Get use to it, better to use hurtful words than munitions. Idiot is too kind of a word for those that want to start WWIII with Russia. Still attest to Rand calling Christie fatboy in the first debate would of totally changed the campaign. Rand has never been the same since he got called out by Megyn Kelly for not being nice enough to womyn reporters like herself, look how Trump handled it. Rand needs to project strength and courage in his conviction, anger is not a bad thing because people should be angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    It's what he should have been saying this whole time.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. People shouldn't be that offended by it, he's right. And it's how millions of people (notice I didn't say voters), truly feel.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

ok, maybe I'm late to the party, but this whole Russia/Syria thing just came to a head, giving Rand the opportunity he has now taken.

Up until now, I think he's been going as strong as he could've given the circumstances. He did say he'd not send us into Iraq, to choose one of the other Bush's or Clinton's if that's what people wanted.

Kudos for him stepping up now that the stakes have allowed it.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    It's what he should have been saying this whole time.
    I don't agree, he'd be in worse shape now if he'd done this because of all the propaganda about ISIS. Rand was in a good position until the Mr. Tourette Syndrome (Trump) entered the race and turned the whole thing into a circus, which has not been a total curse as it has put the Neo-cons on the defensive, but it's also largely relegated everything to a joke. The fact that Russia is involved directly now makes this a better opportunity for Rand to really play up the anti-war angle, given that the Neo-cons will actually look crazy trying to take on the whole world rather than just trying to go after ISIS and Assad.

You can Monday morning quarterback all day, but I don't see any way how Rand could have kept his numbers up during this part of the campaign, there are too many idiots being polled who like Trump simply because he's on the news every freaking day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic