Thread: Delayed flight + rental car + white stripes, 700 students in Iowa to see Rand

Delayed flight + rental car + white stripes, 700 students in Iowa to see Rand

Heres the video of Rand driving himself to University of Iowa (people commenting on FB how he shouldn't be driving a Hyundai because it isn't an American car, even though they manufacture plenty cars in the USA)
    https://www.facebook.com/RandPaul/vi...type=2&theater

heres the backstory from his Iowa strategist Steve Grubbs (Former Iowa GOP Chairman)

Here are pics from the event tonight where over 700 students showed up for him.

Last edited by eleganz; 10-12-2015 at 10:02 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A 700 college rally on a monday night is impressive. That is 7 percent of the 10k goal. This tour is massive. Gives me chills.

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    A 700 college rally on a monday night is impressive. That is 7 percent of the 10k goal. This tour is massive. Gives me chills.
    Some of them were just seeing him to see him (just saying).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    That is a big deal as well. Once they see him and hear him, I like the chance they vote for him.

That's the kind of thing I'd like to see more of. People want to see some personality. That's one reason why people are so attracted to Trump - he puts his personality out there. The old routine of looking professional doesn't work anymore. We've gone beyond that as a society. We want to see the real person. Most of the other candidates would fail the test miserably if they were forced to set aside their prepared words and just hang out and show who they really are.

Anyone that comes to the rally are hit up by the students for rand organization as well. These kids will have been given voter registration, gotten number and emails taken, etc. Getting 700 people is a pretty big deal.

Maybe half of them will actually caucus. It's the way the numbers work and why getting 10K to caucus will require thousands more to commit cause a good percentage just won't show up.

In regards to the Hyundai, people are stupid. I work for Honda and Acura. Most "American" cars have foriegn parts and many "foreign" vehicles like Honda are made in America. All new vehicles on the MSRP window sticker will usually give you the break down of where the parts came from.

What? Did those idiots want Rand driving a bailed out GM vehicle? Smh

Oh and except for maybe some local news in Iowa, want to make a bet that the MSM blacks out Rand going live all day?

National polls mean squat right now, what happens in Iowa and NH will determine the race. Who drops out and who stays in to fight. Rand and his team needs to be prepared for their rise and the attacks by the MSM that will be sure to come.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post

just wanted to see his hair right?

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Maybe half of them will actually caucus. It's the way the numbers work and why getting 10K to caucus will require thousands more to commit cause a good percentage just won't show up. . . .
    Wrong - the precincts which hold caucuses in the Iowa Memorial Union building get packed with students.
    They will vote for the delegates (two per precinct) that go to the April District conventions, if they do not want to be a delegate themselves.

It is a bit of a party night on campus that spills over to bars that night.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Heres the video of Rand driving himself to University of Iowa (people commenting on FB how he shouldn't be driving a Hyundai because it isn't an American car, even though they manufacture plenty cars in the USA)
    In regards to the Hyundai, people are stupid. I work for Honda and Acura. Most "American" cars have foriegn parts and many "foreign" vehicles like Honda are made in America. All new vehicles on the MSRP window sticker will usually give you the break down of where the parts came from.

What? Did those idiots want Rand driving a bailed out GM vehicle? Smh
    LOL at people commenting on the rental car he got not being "American".

Maybe this wasn't available...

Doing his own version of Planes, Trains and Automobiles and driving himself across Iowa is pretty cool. The location and photos from the speech look awesome too, especially the one with the arms folded. #LikeABoss

Anyone that comes to the rally are hit up by the students for rand organization as well. These kids will have been given voter registration, gotten number and emails taken, etc. Getting 700 people is a pretty big deal.
    Yeah, some might have just come to see him because they were curious or with a friend. Some were won over, some might not have been.

But a big benefit of doing these now is getting the kids that already support him to sign up with the campaign and motivated to go out on campus and recruit others over the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Wrong - the precincts which hold caucuses in the Iowa Memorial Union building get packed with students.
    They will vote for the delegates (two per precinct) that go to the April District conventions, if they do not want to be a delegate themselves.

It is a bit of a party night on campus that spills over to bars that night.
    Might be true but the facts are in 2012 that Ron only received around 5K student votes. And unless the candidate wins the popular vote, the delegate count is meaningless as we all saw what happened in 2012 right through that fake establishment controlled Convention.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/RandPaul/vi...type=2&theater

I didn't think my opinion of Rand could get any higher, but then I saw this. He likes the White Stripes! And he's not playing Seven Nation Army or some standard fair like I suspected from the title. In the Cold, Cold Night is a deep cut. I love it.

rand aint drivin a red ford pickup, he's not a real murican
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

I think the kids are adorable I love the pics.

Might be true but the facts are in 2012 that Ron only received around 5K student votes. And unless the candidate wins the popular vote, the delegate count is meaningless as we all saw what happened in 2012 right through that fake establishment controlled Convention.
    And the other fact is that students were not in school in the 2012 Iowa Caucus.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.