Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy [Amy31416] Memorial Thread

Wow, I am deeply shocked and saddened by this news, and so thankful for Jeremy for letting me know.

Amy was a spectacular person who cared deeply for her friends and family... it always brightened my day to see her posting pictures of her daughter on facebook - a love so rare.

RIP Amy. <3
    Last edited by Nirvikalpa; 10-11-2015 at 06:28 PM.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I never met her, but this news was really a punch to the gut for me. Must be incredibly worse for those that did have the privilege of being close to her.
    My sincerest condolences for your loss.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    A friend of many years has died,,, This is most sad.

I had hoped to meet her in real life after experiencing her wit and intelligence here.
    Sharing the joy of her child. Her hope for Liberty.

She was a catalyst in my life.

and she will be greatly missed.

/pain
    +1 ...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Lit a candle for AmyPi this morning. Also mourned with my godmother and some friends. R.I.P. :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm really in shock! Feels like I just got punched in the stomach.

She was a great member of the community and will be sorely missed.

I worry about what will happen to her daughter...

Rest in Peace Amy, Rest in Peace. You will be sorely missed!

http://s647.photobucket.com/user/gbr...006-2.jpg.html
    (on left)

anyone know what she died from? 45 is really young...

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 10-14-2015 at 06:38 AM.

Thanks, tangent. Classic amypi:

Will try to remember the good times while I'm mourning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I am heartbroken.

RIP.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

I just found out this tragic news. We had talked not that long ago and I am just in disbelief right now. I had such a deep admiration for her. Always so funny and intelligent and was a real friend when real friends were in short supply. God bless you Amy, I loved you, we all loved you and our world has lost a real treasure.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    Horrible news. Amy was an amazing woman.

I am speechless so I will pray

This is incredibly sad news. My sincere condolences. Amy was simply one of the most hilarious, intelligent, well spoken people I'd ever had the pleasure to.. "meet".
    Much love you you, her family and friends and her beautiful daughter. <3 You will be missed lovely lady.
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    ~Lao-tzu

"Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source. Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and body and found it to be true."~ Buddha

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

No matter the details, I was shocked and saddened to hear about Amy's death. I can't believe it. There was a period we talked quite a bit, but... I never knew. In any case, she was one of the coolest damn chicks I'll ever have the privilege to meet in this Lifetime, even if it was for such a short time. I pray for all her friends and family. And thanks Kludge for talking about it. This just fricking sucks.
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    ~Lao-tzu

"Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source. Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and body and found it to be true."~ Buddha

God. I'm in shock. She was a friend. The kind of friend who'd start a thread about you when you were banned.

I got to know her really well a few years ago, and can relate to what Pete says, but don't deny that she could have done this to herself, though it comes as a complete shock to me.

I just think it's all really sad. And we've lost someone truly special here.

Who will love a little sparrow?
    Will no one write her eulogy?
    "I will," said the earth
    "For all I've created returns unto me
    From dust were ye made and dust ye shall be"

Pretty sure I have at least 2 more on this tribute, will update.

Love you Amy! I will really miss you. Rest in Peace.

Nathan

requiescat in pace

I just found this thread and I can't believe Amy is gone. This news is devastating....
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

A Memorial Service today.

http://www.vindy.com/news/tributes/2...my-brookhouse/
    AMY BROOKHOUSER

YOUNGSTOWN – A memorial service will be held on Monday at 7 p.m. at the Higgins-Reardon Funeral Homes, Austintown Chapel, officiated by Sister Pat Fesler, H.M., for Amy Brookhouser, 45, who died Thursday evening at St. Elizabeth Health Center.

Ms. Brookhouser was born on Sept. 26, 1970, in Erie, Pa., the daughter of Michael R. and Georgia F. (Ragan) Brookhouser.

She was a 1988 graduate of Strong Vincent High School. After high school, Amy received her Bachelor’s degree from Gannon University in her hometown of Erie.

Amy enjoyed cooking and gardening and also had a interest in cars. Most importantly, she loved spending time with her family.

Amy is survived by her daughter, Meris Faye at home; brother Eric (Kat) Brookhouser of Erie; and many great friends.

She was preceded in death by her parents and grandparents.

Family and friends may call on Monday from 5 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home.

Please visit www.higgins-reardon.com to view this tribute and send online condolences.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now I understand why you've stayed away from RPF these past years, Kludge. It was for Amy's sake, to give her a space.

You're a good man, Kludge. I am very sorry for your loss and all the pain you've gone through.

This too shall pass. Hang in there.

I'm not sure but I think Amy was at an event where I had the Ron Paul Corvette and we talked there. At any rate she will be missed and it's a sad day for us to lose someone who understands the idea of liberty. R.I.P. Amy...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

I'm not sure but I think Amy was at an event where I had the Ron Paul Corvette and we talked there. At any rate she will be missed and it's a sad day for us to lose someone who understands the idea of liberty. R.I.P. Amy...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Yes - so very sad to hear of this news.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

This is a very sad day for RPF, I didn't know her that well even on the forum but I always appreciated her great contribution to the discussion on this forum. She was a kind, intelligence, thoughtful, politically savvy poster who I am going to miss.

My condolences to her family and wish the best for them.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I'd go but 10 hours round trip is too far.

Anyone going to make it?

I'll light a candle and maybe read through her posts instead.

prayers...

-t

It's weird to think that I've "known her" for 8 freaking years. I never met her or heard her voice. I wouldn't recognize her if I saw her. Our communication was limited to a handful of PMs and banter in a few dozen/hundred threads. Yet I've still be thinking about this a lot. She, along with maybe 20 others, were a big part or what defined this place to me. We had a loose social circle that gathered and talked every night... I never really considered these internet posters good friends or anything, yet here I am pretty shaken up by this. Somehow an anonymous screen name on the internet actually meant something to me, and it's pretty upsetting.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    I'd go but 10 hours round trip is too far.

Anyone going to make it?

I'll light a candle and maybe read through her posts instead.

prayers...

-t
    The link said you could call.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So sad. Just so sad. Ugh. Not sure I can keep coming here.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    It's weird to think that I've "known her" for 8 freaking years. I never met her or heard her voice. I wouldn't recognize her if I saw her. Our communication was limited to a handful of PMs and banter in a few dozen/hundred threads. Yet I've still be thinking about this a lot. She, along with maybe 20 others, were a big part or what defined this place to me. We had a loose social circle that gathered and talked every night... I never really considered these internet posters good friends or anything, yet here I am pretty shaken up by this. Somehow an anonymous screen name on the internet actually meant something to me, and it's pretty upsetting.
    Weirder than that.

Several here are mourning.. Several here loved her,, and I am realizing that it was more than I thought.
    I was on my way there,,

I had never seen her face.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast