Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy [Amy31416] Memorial Thread

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    This.

If there is a fund set up for Meris I will help.
    As will I. We could set up an education trust with Amy's brother as trustee. No offense to Kludge. Just honoring the likely preferences of the deceased.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Something like an education trust? It might be worth something serious about the time she is graduating High School.
    I was thinking the same thing. Amy would probably like the idea of a college fund. But how to set that up is problematic.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Amy would probably like the idea of a college fund. But how to set that up is problematic.
    Not really. I have a call in to the funeral director asking for her brothers contact information. If that doesn't pan out I can probably find his contact info on the net and failing that I have the name of the family priest...

Step 2: set up a bank account.
    Step 3: chipin or Paypal
    Step 4: advertise and start a thread!

-t

I am so upset that I did not realize Amy had this problem. I wish that I could have helped her. I should have seen the signs. Oh Amy RIP sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post

Now I'm going to cry, dammit.
    Feel free. my eyes have been running since Saturday Night.

and I have buried fiends and family before,,,
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

7pm - light a candle for Amy <3

-t

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is that her and Kludge?

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I am so sorry to hear this. Amy was so nice to many of us. She popped into the RPF chat room not that many weeks ago when I was in there. She said hi to me, she didn't mention that anything was wrong. This is very sad to hear, miss you Amy.

I certainly pray everything goes well for Meris, Kludge, and the rest of her family. The one way you can really honor the memory of someone wonderful is to try to help others, and do your best to fill the gaping hole she left in this world with her passing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Is that her and Kludge?
    I think that's her first husband or a BF. I don't know what Kludge looks like. Nearby pics seem 2006.

She was a hottie for sure! looks good in that outfit.

-t

This is sad news.

She offered to send money to me once so I could buy pizza when I was in the Corps. That was sparked because I remarked about our low pay and chow halls not being open later in the evening. I never took her up on it...but I appreciated it.
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Actually, I think that's Nick, a post doc she dated round 06-07. He was too clingy for her tastes.

speaking of education, she's had a broad one. Snippet from chat. No wonder she was like she was...

I always loved science and started out in college as a pre-med student...but I couldn't deal with the notion of dissecting a human being, so I sort of drifted and toyed with majoring in math, philosophy, physics, even botany...but then I had this amazing professor
    he was a physical chemistry guy and it dawned on me that chemistry touched all the things that I'm interested in
    so it was obvious then
    I just wish I didn't hate academia so much, and the culture surrounding it, I'd have a PhD

So yeah, to whoever asked - she was a chemist.

She liked to make beer too. I think perfume at one point. She loved to experiment. Very curious mind.

She liked "space" and to spend a lot of time alone. Just like me.

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 10-12-2015 at 06:22 PM.

Tragic news. She will be missed.

A toast to auld lang syne.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Does anyone know if she will also be in Laurel Hill Cemetery with her parents?

I found that Amy actually had her own account at findagrave and I would like to add a memorial for her.
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...GRid=47711776&
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Amy......you asked to see my paintings of giraffes because you love them too. I offered to paint one for your little girl....I started it...I'll finish it and get it to her somehow. You will always be in my heart.

Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Does anyone know if she will also be in Laurel Hill Cemetery with her parents?

I found that Amy actually had her own account at findagrave and I would like to add a memorial for her.
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...GRid=47711776&
    "memorial" - you mean a tombstone? I'd definitely chip in for that, what do they cost anyway? Lets find out what the family is doing first... Maybe we could help pay. Hopefully a plot near her parents. Or she might be getting cremated and her ashes spread. She never talked about her wishes or her will in that regard.

Or were thinking about a wreath? Willing to chip in on that too!

Glad to see she has aunts and uncles. Much better chance for Meris getting adopted by her family.

Miss you sooo much Amy!

-t

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rose-5.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	4568
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    "memorial" - you mean a tombstone? I'd definitely chip in for that, what do they cost anyway? Lets find out what the family is doing first... Maybe we could help pay. Hopefully a plot near her parents. Or she might be getting cremated and her ashes spread. She never talked about her wishes or her will in that regard.

Or were thinking about a wreath? Willing to chip in on that too!

Glad to see she has aunts and uncles. Much better chance for Meris getting adopted by her family.

Miss you sooo much Amy!

-t
    I was referring to the creation of an online memorial for her at FindAGrave.com, but I will also contribute to a headstone or whatever. Right now I don't even know if she was buried or cremated.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I'm very sorry to hear this. I interacted with Amy several times on this forum. She always seemed nice. My thoughts and prayers go out to her friends and family.

I think that's her first husband or a BF. I don't know what Kludge looks like. Nearby pics seem 2006.

She was a hottie for sure! looks good in that outfit.

-t
    Neither, both are taller than her. BF, maybe. First husband was thin too. Kludge is a big man.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Not really. I have a call in to the funeral director asking for her brothers contact information. If that doesn't pan out I can probably find his contact info on the net and failing that I have the name of the family priest...

Step 2: set up a bank account.
    Step 3: chipin or Paypal
    Step 4: advertise and start a thread!

-t
    If a family member is involved, then a 529 fund is probably what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    I remember back in 08/09 we would voice chat with caseyjones, Petar, Mrocked, Jeremy, forsmant, and a lot of other people.. I haven't laughed much harder than when she would make a snide comment about one of us or make fun of me for being jewish. she had incredible wit and timing..

I remember talking to her about cooking and baking and sharing a ton of recipes and tips.. she was my go-to for this stuff for a long time.

I remember most recently how much she loved her daughter.. I could tell so clearly that meris was the most important thing in her life. I enjoyed how much she adored her daughter and enjoyed spending time with her.. I cant understand that shes actually gone though.. it is not something I have comprehended all at once.
    Good friggin' times, I'll never forget those video chats.

Amy and I had a lot of talks about women in science, ones I still fall back on to this day.

Meris is going to be one hell of a handful, in the best way possible

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    If a family member is involved, then a 529 fund is probably what we want.
    Yes, I agree. It would be fairly easy. I could help if it is wanted.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If a chip-in happens let me know! I am in!
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

So sad to hear this. Thoughts and prayers.

<3

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    Was she really a chemist by profession? I recall she was. Only chemist I've ever known.
    "process-scientist" was the title on the resume I read

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast