Thread: Ranking the Peasants – China Introduces Orwellian “Citizen Scores”

Ranking the Peasants – China Introduces Orwellian “Citizen Scores”

http://www.infowars.com/ranking-the-...itizen-scores/
    https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...-circles.shtml

hina's plan to control the hearts, minds and internet connections of its citizens continues unimpeded. That's the great thing about authoritarian regimes: rollout of mandatory programs is usually only a problem of logistics, not opposition.

The Chinese government has mandated a rating system for all of its connected citizens. It looks like a credit rating but goes much deeper than just tying a measurement of financial risk to a number. It's a way of defining who someone in terms of the government's desires and aims. And its desires aren't all that honorable.

Everybody is measured by a score between 350 and 950, which is linked to their national identity card. While currently supposedly voluntary, the government has announced that it will be mandatory by 2020...

In addition to measuring your ability to pay, as in the United States, the scores serve as a measure of political compliance. Among the things that will hurt a citizen’s score are posting political opinions without prior permission, or posting information that the regime does not like, such as about the Tiananmen Square massacre that the government carried out to hold on to power, or the Shanghai stock market collapse.

This is where all the government's moves towards greater control of the internet comes to fruition. To keep "score," the government needs to tie IDs to online activity. Keeping the internet within the government's walls makes it that much easier. But it's not just online activity that will affect "citizen scores." It's almost every aspect of their lives.

Also used to calculate scores is information about hobbies, lifestyle, and shopping. Buying certain goods will improve your score, while others (such as video games) will lower it.

Chinese citizens who want to remain in the government's good graces will need to balance "negative" purchases with offsetting positive purchases, most likely domestic electronics and appliances.

As disturbing this is, the truly horrific aspect of the "citizen score" is that it can be influenced by friends and family members.

It will hurt your score not only if you do these things, but if any of your friends do them. Imagine the social pressure against disobedience or dissent that this will create.

The Chinese government is introducing a caste system -- one that will result in the shunning of people who can't be bothered to keep their dissenting opinions to themselves… or just enjoy certain leisure activities. Certain people will be considered too harmful to hang out with, thanks to the government's mandatory "citizen score." And with anyone able to check anyone else's "score," the pressure to ostracize low scorers will be greatly magnified.

Most disheartening is the fact that many citizens seem to view higher scores as status symbols.

Sadly, many Chinese appear to be embracing the score as a measure of social worth, with almost 100,000 people bragging about their scores on the Chinese equivalent of Twitter.

Infowars - Not all source links copied. Thus, regardless of your personal opinion on Infowars itself, the story exists as a result of China's actions.

Posted in US Politial News because the REAL question here is WHEN this will be implemented in the USA. Even more frightening is the thought of this being implemented in the USA without being made public, and to a certain extent, it already exists, but is typically contained within sub-agencies of the govt, such as rankings that determine if an individual is a threat to others, society, other countries, etc., but not to the level that China has taken it. WHEN this does come to the USA (may not be tomorrow), and IF the USA is still around, rest assured our cronies in office will find a way to screw it up so only the top 1% of the 1% are the ones that benefit, and the rest of us are left out to dry.

This is why Privacy is important. Privacy allows growth by self determination without fear of judgement or consequence of establishing an opinion that is not accepted by influential groups such as society or govt. Basically, it is dangerous to express or even have a negative opinion of a Mafia that runs your country just as it was dangerous to be a Jew during Nazi Germany. When lack of Privacy ends up causing people tremendous harm on a massive scale, it may be time to re-evaluate your own opinions on Privacy.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are we really talking about if and when this comes to the U.S?

The U.S. is more innovative than China, and pretending not to be communist, yet we think our government is not secretly doing things the communist Chinese regime is openly implementing? I guarantee you their government bought software for the purpose from ours. Tested and proven software.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

I see this as a business opportunity.

Hell, improvement of credit scores is a huge business. What would someone pay to get this score up?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I am running about a 350 and am just loving it. I'm probably not that low scoring because I have not been disapeared. Stay in line slaves.

*sigh*

This will be global in a generation or two.

Nice! I love comparing how I rank with others, and I think I'd be pretty good at this one.

This turns even mundane activities like grocery shopping into a fun little game. Love it!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Also used to calculate scores is information about hobbies, lifestyle, and shopping. Buying certain goods will improve your score, while others (such as video games) will lower it.
    I'm screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I'm screwed.
    Am thinking if they look at my reading material but then I buy tons of art supplies which offset the video games for the height deficient in our home, or does it? Would that be a positive or negative because the government does not seem to have any respect for artists, and then there is the recent interest in digital art. Hmm, wonder how that alters the score?
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    Am thinking if they look at my reading material but then I buy tons of art supplies which offset the video games for the height deficient in our home, or does it? Would that be a positive or negative because the government does not seem to have any respect for artists, and then there is the recent interest in digital art. Hmm, wonder how that alters the score?
    Video games are the least of my worries.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

And the imaginations of your fellow posters runs wild Now that whole friends and family thing, THAt sho nuff gonna bite me hard, especially the family part. Bunch of derelict freaks in the lot!
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I see this as a business opportunity.

Hell, improvement of credit scores is a huge business. What would someone pay to get this score up?
    For some to have good credit, others must have bad credit.

Problem is, the ones with bad credit are the ones that need the lower interest rates. Maybe its also time to consider the Banks are the real threat.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Really? Even when your game console has a Camera that can be accessed remotely at any time? IE XBox Kinect hacked by US Army to see any video any time in your house! That is the problem with Games, not the games themselves, but the hardware is Spyware. Always listening, always watching.
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Really? Even when your game console has a Camera that can be accessed remotely at any time? IE XBox Kinect hacked by US Army to see any video any time in your house! That is the problem with Games, not the games themselves, but the hardware is Spyware. Always listening, always watching.
    We don't have Kinect or even a webcam. My point was that I've ordered way more $#@!ed up $#@! off the internet than a video game.$#@!, my Kindle library alone is enough to give me a bad citizen rating - not to mention the unmentionables I've purchased.

You bring up an interesting point with the Kinect. I wonder about the security of the newer home security systems. How much access do the feds have to those cameras?

We don't have Kinect or even a webcam. My point was that I've ordered way more $#@!ed up $#@! off the internet than a video game.$#@!, my Kindle library alone is enough to give me a bad citizen rating - not to mention the unmentionables I've purchased.

You bring up an interesting point with the Kinect. I wonder about the security of the newer home security systems. How much access do the feds have to those cameras?
    Just as much as you do. If you can monitor your kids from your smart phone, they can monitor you. And maybe even if you can't.

If the system is run by a computer which is physically hooked to the internet, or maybe even a phone line, welcome to 1984, baby. Smile for the NSA guys. You've got nothing in your bedroom to hide, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Well, there's proof that the central planners read science fiction to figure out new ways to oppress us.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Aren't the peasants already pretty rank?

I'm screwed.
    And I am executed.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.