Thread: Project Woolly Mammoth Revival

Project Woolly Mammoth Revival

Woolly mammoth skin found
    'well preserved in permafrost"

siberiantimes.com

6 hours ago - The discovery is seen as highly significant by Russian and South Korean experts working to bring the mammoths back to life through cloning.

Korea's radical cloning lab told us about its breathtaking plan
    www.techinsider.io
    Sep 10, 2015 - Four years ago in Seoul, South Korea, the controversial, world-class cloning lab Sooam ... Sooam has had plans to bring back the mammoth for a long time.

Inside the Korean lab that has cloned more than 600 dogs ...
    www.businessinsider.com.au
    Sep 9, 2015 - Next, tigers and mammoths. ... Inside the Korean lab that has cloned more than 600 dogs.

Mammoth skin found by Yakutian scientists
    asia.rbth.com
    3 hours ago - "We are mostly interested in using the skin in Project Mammoth Revival, as our Korean colleagues believe that skin is the best material for attempted cloning

Arctic Expedition Finds Woolly Mammoth Remains
    sputniknews.com
    3 hours ago - Arctic Expedition Finds Woolly Mammoth Remains Ripe for Cloning ... project 'The Mammoth Rebirth,' because our Korean colleagues consider skin to be the ...

Why Is A South Korean Doctor Cloning Dogs?
    www.npr.org/NPR
    Sep 30, 2015 - A surgical team at Sooam Biotech in Seoul, South Korea, injects cloned .... says, and even hope to one day re-create extinct ones — like the woolly mammoth.

The Pesky Problem With Mammoth Clones
    www.huffingtonpost.com/
    The Huffington Post
    Sep 29, 2015 - The last time mammoths lived on Earth, the Egyptian pharaohs were still playing with pyramids (look it up). While that's an interesting fact, even more noteworthy ...
    Last edited by presence; 10-08-2015 at 08:36 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope they are not planning to bring back the saber tooth tiger.......

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    oh indeed they are my friend

imagine herds of mammoths running amok. Could happen. You never know. If that's what's in store for us down the line, scientists will have to find a predator to keep the mammoth populations in check -- or from migrating to warmer, dense-with-human climate zones as creatures that are a mix of mammoth and Asian elephant might prefer hotter locales. So naturally, we'll have to bring saber-toothed tigers

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If you think about it, that's really dangerous. What if they start wiping out other kinds of animals?

I'm all for it. Too bad they are going to clone a wimpy mammoth and not the mighty Imperial Mammoth. Also on my short list for resuscitation are the elephant bird and the marsupial tiger.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

"Neolithic Park".
    "I am a bird"

It will be hunted into extinction for it's ivory...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-05-2018 at 07:18 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It will be hunted into extinction for it's ivory...
    Not if it's privately owned.

Question is, how good is the meat?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Not if it's privately owned.

Question is, how good is the meat?

ask Fred Flintstone.

How about a DNA-cloned Neanderthal running for POTUS?
    (promises high-speed Internet in every cave)

Why don't they work their way back, starting with the easy ones, like things that have gone extinct in just recent decades, where we have multiple well-preserved bodies?

Are there any cases yet of any species thought to be extinct getting cloned?

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    How about a DNA-cloned Neanderthal running for POTUS?
    (promises high-speed Internet in every cave)
    not sure what big deal would be... we have one in the white house already