Thread: "We need energy independence. And we need to export energy."

"We need energy independence. And we need to export energy."

"We need energy independence. And we need to export energy."

Many US politicians and pundits, including presidential candidates like Jeb Bush have been parroting some version of these talking points recently. Apparently the obvious contradiction is of no consequence. Doublethink is now mainstream and common. Orwell would be proud (or sadly vindicated).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We do export energy. We export coal and natural gas but currently crude oil is banned from export though refined oil products can be. I believe we are the #1 exporter of such refined products (some countries like Venezuela cannot process enough of their own oil so they send it to us to refine it and we ship back the end products).

Let's just skip the export.

Chester Copperpot

im ok with a contradiction like this... and i understand it could go either way... im all for exporting too

How many OPEC barrels of oil have we had to buy over the last several decades to replace the bazillions of barrels we previously exported?

MEGA DUH!

"words, words, and then some more words, also; words" - All politicians.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

As long as we get to export it with bribes and bombs... amiright? Here kid, take a couple FRNs and a hydro-generator from China -or I'll blow your head off.

Now bend over, cause here comes my pipeline.
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 10-08-2015 at 11:15 AM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

How much money did we spend conquering Iraq, with over 200,000 deaths, and they get to keep all their oil?

Nuts to that. What is wrong with America that we can't figure out a simple thing like foreign conquest?
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    We do export energy. We export coal and natural gas but currently crude oil is banned from export though refined oil products can be. I believe we are the #1 exporter of such refined products (some countries like Venezuela cannot process enough of their own oil so they send it to us to refine it and we ship back the end products).
    Of course. That's why repealing the crude oil export ban is so important these days to the establishment and Chamber lapdogs. It's all about "free trade" just, like the Keystone XL and TPP!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    How much money did we spend conquering Iraq, with over 200,000 deaths, and they get to keep all their oil?

Nuts to that. What is wrong with America that we can't figure out a simple thing like foreign conquest?
    The Rothschilds refused to allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Of course. That's why repealing the crude oil export ban is so important these days to the establishment and Chamber lapdogs. It's all about "free trade" just, like the Keystone XL and TPP!
    Should a company be able to sell its product to whomever they want and is willing to pay an agreed upon price? Or should government regulate businesses?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Should a company be able to sell its product to whomever they want and is willing to pay an agreed upon price? Or should government regulate businesses?
    LOL. You are funny.

The establishment is always so "libertarian" when they think it will help them bamboozle the ignorant masses.