Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul Puts Clinton Book Up for Auction

They just added this to the listing. Good job to libertyplz who brought this up. Could have helped the campaign avoid a FEC investigation!

On Oct-08-15 at 07:55:43 PDT, seller added the following information:

This information supersedes previous notations on campaign spending rules:

Your purchase will be considered a contribution to Rand Paul Victory Committee, a joint fundraising committee authorized by and composed of Rand Paul for President, Rand Paul for US Senate 2016, and RAND PAC. Accordingly, the maximum purchase price is $15,800 and only U.S. citizens and permanent residents over 18 years of age may purchase this item. You must use your own personal funds to purchase this item and not those of any other person or entity.

Contributions to Rand Paul Victory Committee (“RPVC”) are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. RPVC allocates contributions to Rand Paul for President (“RPFP”), Rand Paul for US Senate 2016 (“RPFS”), and RAND PAC in conformity with federal limits. Unless a contribution would exceed federal limits, RPVC will divide contributions as follows:

--For Individuals and Federal Non-multicandidate PACs—First $2,700 to RPFP’s primary-election account; next $2,700 to RPFS’s primary-election account; next $2,700 to RPFS’s general-election account; next $5,000 to RAND PAC; and final amount, up to $2,700, to RPFP’s general-election account.

--For Federal Multicandidate PACs—First $5,000 to RPFP’s primary-election account. next $5,000 to RPFS’s primary-election account; next $5,000 to RPFS’s general-election account; next $5,000 to RAND PAC; and final amount, up to $5,000, to RPFP’s general-election account.
    Notwithstanding this default allocation, you may designate your contribution for one or more particular RPVC participants. Contributions allocated to RAND PAC will not be used for Senator Paul’s election. Contributions from corporations, labor unions, federal contractors, and foreign nationals are prohibited. *Federal law requires RPVC’s best efforts to obtain, maintain, and report the name, address, occupation, and employer of any contributor who gives more than $200 in an election cycle (for RPFP/RPFS contributions) or in a calendar year (for RAND PAC contributions).
    Last edited by limequat; 10-08-2015 at 09:44 AM.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Glad they added that description lol! Because this is up to 7k now I doubt they thought it would reach this high. This garnered some press and they are getting money for it as well. Freaking awesome.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This will become extraordinarily valuable after Paul gets elected president. Imagine this same thing but the names are -say- Kissinger and Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    cute jab

I don't agree with Rand regarding Benghazi though.

Clinton shouldn't have "provided more security" in the form of US boots, she should have insisted upon 24 hour guard from Iraq or pulled our people out.

If its a consulate its defended by the host nation and we should feel safe and secure without concern.
    If its a military base its defended by the foreign nation; an occupation.

So what was Benghazi?

Were we honoured ambassadors of the host nation?
    Or did we occupy a forward base to funnel black op cia guns to the opposition?

...to call a spade a spade...
    I think Rand's point is, at the end of the day, Hillary's job is to defend them. Whether it is providing more security (as explicitly requested) or removal from the area.

Hillary did neither, and his point is, at a minimum, Hillary could have allowed their request.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    I think Rand's point is, at the end of the day, Hillary's job is to defend them. Whether it is providing more security (as explicitly requested) or removal from the area.

Hillary did neither, and his point is, at a minimum, Hillary could have allowed their request.
    Exactly. Either protect the embassy OR get them out. Either would have worked. She didn't read the cables.

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    Exactly. Either protect the embassy OR get them out. Either would have worked. She didn't read the cables.
    bingo. She could have hit reply and simply typed "approved". 1 single word.

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    They just added this to the listing. Good job to libertyplz who brought this up. Could have helped the campaign avoid a FEC
    Glad to hear, likewise, thanks for taking it upon yourself to ask them directly about the listing.

When I first read about the listing I thought it would probably get a few hundred bucks and maybe a small amount of attnetion from media about Rand trolling the Hillary campaign (better yet, trolling her with their own troll attempt), but wow this thing is really taking off. Over $7k and 2 more days to go. Hillary's team sure has egg on their face haha. Good on Rand/his team!

When I first read about the listing I thought it would probably get a few hundred bucks and maybe a small amount of attnetion from media about Rand trolling the Hillary campaign (better yet, trolling her with their own troll attempt), but wow this thing is really taking off. Over $7k and 2 more days to go. Hillary's team sure has egg on their face haha. Good on Rand/his team![/QUOTE]

Yea pretty slick by campaign.

Why not remove the cap and say anything over $15800 goes to charity or something. Or would that cause legal issues
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by libertyplz View Post
    Glad to hear, likewise, thanks for taking it upon yourself to ask them directly about the listing.

When I first read about the listing I thought it would probably get a few hundred bucks and maybe a small amount of attnetion from media about Rand trolling the Hillary campaign (better yet, trolling her with their own troll attempt), but wow this thing is really taking off. Over $7k and 2 more days to go. Hillary's team sure has egg on their face haha. Good on Rand/his team!
    Actually got a direct response:

"Dear <redacted>,

The limit has been raised to $15,800. We apologize for any confusion in that area. See the latest update on campaign contributions, added to the listing.

If we can help further, please let us know.

Brenda
    Customer Service
    Victory Store"

If this is like a typical auction, the price is going to spike to 20 grand on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    lol wtf.

Couldn't he take this as a donation to his leadership PAC or something?
    PACs cannot have any say with a campaign and vice versa. If they converse in any way, they are breaking campaign finance laws.
    For clarification, I meant something like what appears to be the case now.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    For clarification, I meant something like what appears to be the case now.
    Clearly the intern responsible for handling the book sale is way over their head. Somebody senior should get involved to prevent the brewing clusterf*ck.

Up to 7,600 now lol This is great.

This just got mentioned on Fox just now with Gretchen talking to Rand. Nice exposure. Rand sticking it to Hillary is great. Just as I mentioned this the bid went up to 7,850

excellent. ^^ glad it's getting MSM attention.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

For comparison purposes HILLARY CLINTON SIGNED HARD CHOICES LTD ED - Premiere-Certified , bonus photos! Buy it now price $125

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...clintons-book/

Sen. Rand Paul’s auction of Hillary Clinton’s book “Hard Choices” — which he billed as “a great fiction book” on his campaign website and signed with a biting note to the Democratic presidential candidate — was up to nearly $8,000 on eBay Thursday afternoon.
    Now above $8000

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    PACs cannot have any say with a campaign and vice versa. If they converse in any way, they are breaking campaign finance laws.
    That's only the case for independent expenditure only "Super PACs." Rand's leadership PAC is involved in this auction.
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government." - Thomas Jefferson's First Inaugural Address, 1801

Quote Originally Posted by libertyplz View Post
    They put a cap at $15,800. They should have put "Buy now" option at this price instead. Who is (mis)handling this auction ?!

I like the idea of donating extra funds to a carefully-chosen charity. Wounded Warriors would be a clever choice.

Anyone from the campaign listening? Modify the auction again! Good chance it is going to go over the $15,000.

the rEVOLution begins!

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    They put a cap at $15,800. They should have put "Buy now" option at this price instead. Who is (mis)handling this auction ?!
    No. The longer this auction lasts, the greater chances of exposure.

Is the seller "victorystoreonline" working with the campaign? The store has been around since 2005 and sell lots of items.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

This bid is now up to 12,100! This has really taken off lol! Funny, but that is more than the campaign usually takes in a day. Maybe they learned something from this in regards to future fundraising. Would love Hillary to send some more stuff.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Is the seller "victorystoreonline" working with the campaign? The store has been around since 2005 and sell lots of items.
    yes.

they are a marketing company that the campaign is using. when you order from the campaign store, it comes from victory store. http://www.victorystore.com

Still 24 hours left and a lot of media exposure. I would be surprised if this doesn't surpass the maximum 15.8k
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Why? Then it might have sold before the media even covered it. This isn't just about the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Maybe Hillary needs to send them more books to finance the campaign.

-virgil

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast