Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul Puts Clinton Book Up for Auction

Rand Paul Puts Clinton Book Up for Auction

Hillary Clinton sent Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul a signed copy of her book this week, and now he’s putting it up for auction.

The Republican presidential hopeful inscribed Clinton’s book “Hard Choices” with an attack on her leadership at the State Department, which is now listed on eBay for auction, along with a signed copy of Paul’s own book, “Taking a Stand.”

“Your refusal to provide security to our mission in Benghazi should forever preclude you from higher office!” Paul wrote, next to his signature.

“Senator Rand Paul is a big fan of fiction,” Paul spokesman Sergio Gor said in a statement. “Hard Choices is a great example of revisionist history. We encourage everyone to bid and get their own copy now!”

http://time.com/4065536/rand-paul-hi...-book-auction/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Someone should buy that book and then have Trump sign it. Then it would be worth, huuuge money
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Up to $670 already with over two days to go...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/231713581239
    Rand Paul for Peace

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/231713581239

$670 now, it counts as a campaign contribution

I'd say donate the money the book earns to the families of those who died at our consulate in Bengazi.

I hope this gives him a news bump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What happens if the bid price goes above the contribution limit?

Quote Originally Posted by libertyplz View Post
    What happens if the bid price goes above the contribution limit?
    Why would something that he's selling have to be a campaign contribution? If he's selling his car, just because he's running for office it would be capped on selling price? I don't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyInNY View Post
    Why would something that he's selling have to be a campaign contribution? If he's selling his car, just because he's running for office it would be capped on selling price? I don't think so...
    Because he plays by the rules.

Maybe he's donating it to charity

I'm not the one saying it should or shouldn't be a campaign contribution. It is stated on the auction that it will be counted as a campaign contribution

When you order an item from the Rand Paul 2016 store, what you're really doing is making a contribution to the campaign. So when you order a hat, you are helping the campaign in two ways: 1) sharing your support of Rand Paul by wearing the hat; and 2) helping to fund our outreach efforts as we take Rand's message of Constitutional conservatism across the country. In most cases, your order will ship from the the Rand Paul store within 48-72 hours from the time you place it. Shipping time takes - on average - 2-5 days for most places across the United States. Please note, because your order is treated as a contribution, it will count against FEC limits. So, if you have contributed the maximum amount allowed by law, you may have your order rejected. Fulfilled by VictoryStore.
    I wonder what happens if the bidding goes to say... $5000, will all the auctions past $2700 just get cancelled I guess? Either way if it does get a lot of bids will probably get some media attention
    Last edited by libertyplz; 10-07-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyplz View Post
    I'm not the one saying it should or shouldn't be a campaign contribution. It is stated on the auction that it will be counted as a campaign contribution

I wonder what happens if the bidding goes to say... $5000, will all the auctions past $2700 just get cancelled I guess? Either way if it does get a lot of bids will probably get some media attention
    He should sell the book to the store for $1 dollar and let them pocket the difference. Somebody in the campaign was not thinking this scenario through.

Current bid:US $1,325.00

That's funny, considering Hillary's signed books normally go for $100.

That's called creating wealth! By simply inscribing a note in that book he's created something that's worth tremendous value to some people.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Someone with an ebay account ask seller a question about the $2700 limit.

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...ellerM2MFAQ_VI

I asked, "What happens if this goes above the $2700 limit?"

We'll see.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

A family could spend $5400.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    A family could spend $5400.
    I'm not sure if they can donate monies that go over the limit to wounded warriors but that would be a burn against her foreign policy.

its now over limit, $6,100

Quote Originally Posted by liberty_nc View Post
    its now over limit, $6,100
    lol wtf.

Couldn't he take this as a donation to his leadership PAC or something?
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    lol wtf.

Couldn't he take this as a donation to his leadership PAC or something?
    PACs cannot have any say with a campaign and vice versa. If they converse in any way, they are breaking campaign finance laws.

This is a great idea but I don't see in the item description that you are getting Rand's book as well. It is shown in the picture but there's nothing in the description about the second book.
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because he's doing it through his campaign, in order to benefit his campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I wonder if he can count it as Hillary donating to his campaign (for more epic troll purposes).

-virgil

I would use Hillarys book as toliet paper.

Oh that's hilarious.

Maybe the difference can be donated to Hillary to pay for her expenses for that second plane of baggage.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

Just did my regular "Rand Paul" search on Google News and was surprised to see that most stories are actually positive. That hasn't been the case in a long time. Hopefully this means good news for the next poll.

cute jab

I don't agree with Rand regarding Benghazi though.

Clinton shouldn't have "provided more security" in the form of US boots, she should have insisted upon 24 hour guard from Iraq or pulled our people out.

If its a consulate its defended by the host nation and we should feel safe and secure without concern.
    If its a military base its defended by the foreign nation; an occupation.

So what was Benghazi?

Were we honoured ambassadors of the host nation?
    Or did we occupy a forward base to funnel black op cia guns to the opposition?

...to call a spade a spade...
    Last edited by presence; 10-08-2015 at 09:19 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast