Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Rand Paul on Fox News Special Report 10/7/15

President Paul! President Paul!
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm sorry guys, but I think the FOX drones hear more from the questioners than they do from Rand.

Rand did a great job, no doubt. If you heard him.

I suspect a large portion of the audience did not. What they heard was a candidate with low poll numbers trying to defend himself on a variety of fronts. F these people.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I'm sorry guys, but I think the FOX drones hear more from the questioners than they do from Rand.

Rand did a great job, no doubt. If you heard him.

I suspect a large portion of the audience did not. What they heard was a candidate with low poll numbers trying to defend himself on a variety of fronts. F these people.
    The hostility was on full display for everybody to see and no doubt it may influence low information voters who are looking for cues instead of substance. Rand could not possibly do better though, he was great. I am not sure why he did agree to this interview format - 4 panelists against a candidate. Did anybody in this race ever do that ? Is he feeling so strong that he thinks he is invincible ? If so, this is super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    The hostility was on full display for everybody to see and no doubt it may influence low information voters who are looking for cues instead of substance. Rand could not possibly do better though, he was great. I am not sure why he did agree to this interview format - 4 panelists against a candidate. Did anybody in this race ever do that ? Is he feeling so strong that he thinks he is invincible ? If so, this is super cool.
    Quoted for posterity.

They've done that with several candidates. I think Rand has done this with them before.

.(snip).... - 4 panelists against a candidate. Did anybody in this race ever do that ? Is he feeling so strong that he thinks he is invincible ? If so, this is super cool.
    I was wondering the same thing. It seemed like the "Center Seat" segment was something FNC does regularly, although I wouldn't know since I haven't watched them since 2008.

Still doesn't answer the question if whether other candidates have done this. {EDIT ^^THANKS!!^^}

As to why Rand would do it, it's obvious to me why -- free press, prime time, delivered right to the eyes and ears of many he needs to speak to directly.

I love that he was able to get so many planks of his platform out there for people to hear unfiltered.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Laura Ingraham is completely in love with Trump. Trump is parroting Rand's positions and she thinks they are original to Trump.

he did good. I wouldn't say he nailed it or knocked it out of the park until he stops saying "I think" before every answer.

re watch it and if you skip his saying i think before everything it comes off much more secure and persuasive.

remember that voters don't like thinking, they just do what they're told.
    tell them the competitions foreign policy is reckless, not just that it is in your humble opinion.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedChicken View Post
    he did good. I wouldn't say he nailed it is knocked it out of the park until he stops saying "I think" before every answer.

re watch it and if you skip his saying i think before everything it comes off much more secure and persuasive.

remember that voters doing like thinking, they just do what they're told.
    tell them the competitions foreign policy is reckless, not just that it is in your humble opinion.
    I think he is getting there. One day we will see a fierce Rand.

he did good. I wouldn't say he nailed it or knocked it out of the park until he stops saying "I think" before every answer.

I can't not listen for him to say I think now.. I didn't even notice it At first, then it was something that was annoying, but now it's like hearing a song that plays on the radio all the time that you hate but you end up mouthing the words to the song anyways uncontrollably.

i wish he'd do something with his hair....

I think he is getting there. One day we will see a fierce Rand.
    Hulk Smash? I think anger can work wonders, he just needs to show anger in the right context. People say he doesn't emotionally connect with his audience well enough, maybe its because his audience is angrier than him. I think he might have his chance soon, Putin wants to play Russian Roulette with Syria, and the crazies running for Potus want to out crazy each other.

Quote Originally Posted by PCKY View Post
    Ron Fornier (the guy on Rand's right) is a senior editor for National Review. He's evil...has never liked Rand Paul. Neither does the lady to Fornier's right. Laura Ingraham is (not really fond of his immigration plan) a fan for the most part.
    No he's not at National Review. He does write for National Journal.

Rand was on his A-game on this one. Looked and sounded presidential, with well-articulated answers. Also, a significantly better response this time to the sagging-poll-numbers question. Not whiny, added some humor, but then reiterated that he is going to keep presenting his message and staying true to what he believes
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Good show from Rand. Articulate and clear that he's different but not weak.

I like how he answered the last question by bringing in Lois Lerner, that still rings a bell with a lot of Fox viewers I think. Lots of these things generally work with keywords. Mention the right ones and people like you. He did fine in that department.
    "I am a bird"

Well, it's better than "The interesting thing is is..."

Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 10-08-2015 at 03:06 AM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William R View Post
    No he's not at National Review. He does write for National Journal.
    Good catch! Sorry for that. He is evil nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    cant believe they are giving him this much time in prime time
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ambush
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

James Bond style--walk right into Goldfinger's trap because it's the only way to get through the door at all. You have to be good to do that and get away with it.

We all know that's what moves like this amount to. This was a 007-quality hostile infiltration of Murdoch's RINO-Land. He walked into the lair of a whole squad of enemy soldiers and lived to tell the tale. How do we make the general public see what we see?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    i wish he'd do something with his hair....

I think the shorter the better. I love Rand and support him with all my heart but I do worry about the hair because so many people vote against people when they don't some physical aspect. They can't even hear what he says because they are so swallow and can't get beyond not liking his hair.

The interview was great and I like that he acknowledged that people don't like his hair. I think he handled himself very well.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Hulk Smash? I think anger can work wonders, he just needs to show anger in the right context. People say he doesn't emotionally connect with his audience well enough, maybe its because his audience is angrier than him. I think he might have his chance soon, Putin wants to play Russian Roulette with Syria, and the crazies running for Potus want to out crazy each other.
    Not angry Rand... Confident Rand. This Rand:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonderdonk View Post
    Not angry Rand... Confident Rand. This Rand:

That was when Rand was a real libertarian

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    That was when Rand was a real libertarian
    I don't think there's anything wrong with being a pragmatic libertarian at this point. Baby steps... Albeit, assertive baby steps...

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I think the shorter the better. I love Rand and support him with all my heart but I do worry about the hair because so many people vote against people when they don't some physical aspect. They can't even hear what he says because they are so swallow and can't get beyond not liking his hair.

The interview was great and I like that he acknowledged that people don't like his hair. I think he handled himself very well.
    yep. At least he has normal eyebrows..
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 10-08-2015 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post

Maybe the best thing he could do is shave his head. Imagine the free publicity he could get from that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast