Thread: School cancels 'America Day'

School cancels 'America Day'

This happened in Wyoming!

Patriotic teenagers in Jackson Hole, Wyoming showed up to class Wednesday waving American flags in defiance of educators who canceled “America Day” over fears it might upset students who don’t consider themselves to be American.
    Administrators at Jackson Hole High School pulled the plug on “America Day” – citing concerns that celebrating the USA would alienate some of their young people, the Jackson Hole Daily reported.

Activities Director Mike Hansen said that a number of students did not feel American and felt “targeted and singled out by this day.”
    I wish I could say what happened in Jackson Hole was an anomaly. However, there are many other public schools engaged in similar anti-American behavior.
    “America Day” was part of a homecoming tradition at the high school. Students would show up to class either waving American flags or wearing red, white and blue clothing.
    “Many different students could have felt singled out,” Hansen told the newspaper. “We’re trying to be inclusive and safe, make everyone feel welcome.”
    Principal Scott Crisp echoed those concerns, telling the newspaper that they wanted the homecoming activities to “bring our students together holistically as a student body.”
    You’d expect that kind of academic hog wash in Berkeley, California – but Jackson Hole, Wyoming?
    The newspaper reported that a number of juniors and seniors protested “political correctness” by showing up to school wrapped in American flags.
    And at least one Son of Liberty flew Old Glory from his diesel truck – which I’m sure drew the ire of environmentalists.
    “It’s homecoming week and our school administration thought it was too ‘offensive’ to have an America Pride Day,” parent Ted Dawson wrote on Facebook. “Where have we gone so wrong! I don’t care what race or religion you are, you live here, benefit from the schools, enjoy tax benefits or whatever – your (sic) an American or at least you better be.”
    One wing nut liberal actually thought the school’s decision to cancel America Day was appropriate.
    “Unchecked nationalism is not a great thing and has historically resulted in gross atrocities here and elsewhere,” the unnamed woman wrote on Facebook.
    I wish I could say what happened in Jackson Hole was an anomaly. However, there are many other public schools engaged in similar anti-American behavior.
    There was a school system in Tennessee that banned the American flag. There was a school district in Massachusetts that banned a day to celebrate the Land of the Free. And there was a California school district that prohibited American flag t-shirts on Cinco de Mayo.
    The New York Post called Jackson Hole’s anti-American activities a “pathetic and perverse ban on patriotism.”
    “The right response would’ve been to explain to those teens that they are Americans – as entitled to take pride in this nation and its flag as kids whose forebears have been here for generations,” the newspaper’s editorial board wrote.
    There was a time when immigrants came to America because they loved freedom. They loved this land of opportunity. They wanted a better life for their children. But I’m afraid those days may be long gone.
    And I suspect we would be a much better country if we gave all the America-haters the heave-ho.
    As we say back home in Tennessee, don’t let the screen door hit ya where the Good Lord done split ya.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...?intcmp=hplnws
    Last edited by rg17; 10-06-2015 at 07:28 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Normally I would say students should obey their teachers, but for "America Day", I would make an exception.

Good for them.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

double post.

Go america.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Normally I would say students should obey their teachers, but for "America Day", I would make an exception.

Good for them.
    That's setting a dangerous precedent.

If nothing else, America is about freedom, and freedom is defined by respecting and obeying authority.

Here are the words of a Great American™, "America's Mayor" on the subject:

"We look upon authority too often and focus over and over again, for 30 or 40 or 50 years, as if there is something wrong with authority. We see only the oppressive side of authority. Maybe it comes out of our history and our background. What we don't see is that freedom is not a concept in which people can do anything they want, be anything they can be. Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do" - Rudy Giuliani

These kids have it right:

“Unchecked nationalism is not a great thing and has historically resulted in gross atrocities here and elsewhere,”
    What is she talking about ?

I'm torn because I'm OK with the defiance but I don't love America
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

What a really stupid reason to cancel flag day, the cynical part of me thinks it was done in a reverse psychology type of way to get these kids to really care about America once again. Upon hearing the reason why, I think I would be tempted to buy and flay the US flag just to spite them. But I will just pretend I didn't hear their reason for cancelling the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That's setting a dangerous precedent.

If nothing else, America is about freedom, and freedom is defined by respecting and obeying authority.

Here are the words of a Great American™, "America's Mayor" on the subject:

"We look upon authority too often and focus over and over again, for 30 or 40 or 50 years, as if there is something wrong with authority. We see only the oppressive side of authority. Maybe it comes out of our history and our background. What we don't see is that freedom is not a concept in which people can do anything they want, be anything they can be. Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do" - Rudy Giuliani

These kids have it right:

I love that video.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unpatriotic swine. Don't they realize that every day is America Day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    Unpatriotic swine. Don't they realize that every day is America Day?
    They may need to learn the way the Europeans learned...with bloody, excessive force...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

America cancels 'Skool Day'.

A real America day should be celebrated by killing brown people. Preferably by remote control. While they attend a wedding. Or in their sleep. $#@! yea!
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic