Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul CNN interviews

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    tried to embed video, did not work...

Wow, the Wolf Blitzer interview was fantastic...haven't had time to watch the other one yet.

Paul is too soft spoken. He should call out the chickenhawks and their wishful thinking instead of subtly suggesting their insanity, I think

Last edited by timosman; 10-06-2015 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Second video is gone

thanks! C'mon, Rand!
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

jake tapper removed his video....

There is a video of part of the Tapper interview at the following link:

http://www.wkyt.com/news/kynewsmaker...330947862.html

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't get it to play; why would he remove it?

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    jake tapper removed his video....
    Rand has it up.

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Rand has it up.

Pretty sure this is older . . .

I can't believe people aren't jumping up and down and screaming about the MSF bombing.
    Seemed like Wolf was trying to illicit a stronger response from Rand. Probably bait for something or another. CNN has been trying to obscure and deflect this story since it came out.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Rand is proving over and over that he is the only candidate worth supporting in this presidential election.

"Doctors and hospitals should never be targeted" why? what if they are treating enemy combatants? For me, everything but day cares and maternity wards are fair targets for attack in war. Get out of the way or get killed. War is hell

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    "Doctors and hospitals should never be targeted" why? what if they are treating enemy combatants? For me, everything but day cares and maternity wards are fair targets for attack in war. Get out of the way or get killed. War is hell
    You've never read the Geneva Convention Treaties, have you...

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/geneva_conventions
    Rand Paul for Peace

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    You've never read the Geneva Convention Treaties, have you...

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/geneva_conventions
    Just don't believe in absolute statements like that. Its stupid rules like these that makes wars last much longer than they should.

Just don't believe in absolute statements like that. Its stupid rules like these that makes wars last much longer than they should.
    Thank you for stating your opinion on the subject. The wars last longer than they should, not because of rules like that, but because of how profitable they are. These rules are here to convince ourselves we are not savages when we engage military power.

The reason we've been in Afghanistan for 14 years, longer than WWI, WWII and the civil war combined, is because we broke all those "stupid rules" and just war principles. If our nation is not bound by constitutional restrictions on declaring war, or international treaties, or just war principles that make basic distinctions between civilian and combatant targets, nor even historical criteria for ending or exiting a conflict, is it any wonder why we're now bogged down in quagmire and war crimes? "The answers to life's problems are simple, but you've ignored them for so long, that's why things have gotten so complex!" --Cal Thomas
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Maybe there is hope for America.

Why was the Tapper video taken down? And would someone be so kind as to describe what happened in that vid?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonderdonk View Post
    Why was the Tapper video taken down? And would someone be so kind as to describe what happened in that vid?
    I put up a link in a previous post that has about 1 minute and a half of Paul's answers, and it mostly covered the same topics as the Wolf Blitzer interview. I don't have cable television in my house so I never see these interviews unless I'm visiting my parents, so I can't tell you what happened in the whole interview, but it looked like he did just as well in the Tapper interview as he did in the Blitzer interview and it looked like it was mostly the same questions.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    I put up a link in a previous post that has about 1 minute and a half of Paul's answers, and it mostly covered the same topics as the Wolf Blitzer interview. I don't have cable television in my house so I never see these interviews unless I'm visiting my parents, so I can't tell you what happened in the whole interview, but it looked like he did just as well in the Tapper interview as he did in the Blitzer interview and it looked like it was mostly the same questions.
    Ok cool. I'm intrigued because the comment section shown above looked remarkably positive regarding Rand (definitely more positive than I've seen in the past 6 months or so). And then the fact that the vid got taken down...

Bring Home The Troops!

And WOW, about f'ing time Rand. Is he fine tuning in his anti-war policy or it is just me?
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Bring Home The Troops!

And WOW, about f'ing time Rand. Is he fine tuning in his anti-war policy or it is just me?
    Whatever he's doing, he just cleared a bunch of crap about his campaign "fizzling" from the top of the Google News Search of his name with stories about his thoughts on Afghanistan. He's becoming a bit more forceful in his words now and he is challenging the logic of multiple opponents, and it will serve him well when all this obsession over Trump starts to die down.

Wow, nice. Credit to Wolf for doing a good job of asking questions and then letting Rand speak, unlike some other interviews.

And Rand's answers were great. I don't think it's different than what he would've said before, but this gave him the opportunity to expand on it.

The thumbnail for the video is pretty cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    The reason we've been in Afghanistan for 14 years, longer than WWI, WWII and the civil war combined, is because we broke all those "stupid rules" and just war principles. If our nation is not bound by constitutional restrictions on declaring war, or international treaties, or just war principles that make basic distinctions between civilian and combatant targets, nor even historical criteria for ending or exiting a conflict, is it any wonder why we're now bogged down in quagmire and war crimes? "The answers to life's problems are simple, but you've ignored them for so long, that's why things have gotten so complex!" --Cal Thomas
    I just don't buy it at all, rules like the ones proposed in the Geneva conventions just extend the duration of the wars. Not following the just war principles and constitutional procedure just lead to more wars but they don't necessarily prolong the wars it self. Also like timosman said, profits could also be another reason for why wars last as long as they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonderdonk View Post
    Ok cool. I'm intrigued because the comment section shown above looked remarkably positive regarding Rand (definitely more positive than I've seen in the past 6 months or so). And then the fact that the vid got taken down...
    Point of clarification: those comments are from the Wolf video.
    Last edited by CPUd; 10-06-2015 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    Wow, nice. Credit to Wolf for doing a good job of asking questions and then letting Rand speak, unlike some other interviews.

And Rand's answers were great. I don't think it's different than what he would've said before, but this gave him the opportunity to expand on it.

The thumbnail for the video is pretty cool too.
    +1
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Youtube videos with less than 2000 hits are not going to solve his sinking campaign.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast