Thread: Rubio and Brzezinski Advocate Direct Armed Conflict With Russia In Syria

Rubio and Brzezinski Advocate Direct Armed Conflict With Russia In Syria

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...-russia-214438

Brzezinski: Obama Should Retaliate if Russia Doesn’t Stop Attacking U.S. Assets
    "In these rapidly unfolding circumstances the U.S. has only one real option if it is to protect its wider stakes in the region..."
    by Nick Gass
    Politico
    October 6, 2015

The United States should threaten to retaliate if Russia does not stop attacking U.S. assets in Syria, former national security adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski wrote in a Financial Times op-ed published Sunday, urging "strategic boldness," with American credibility in the Middle East and the region itself at stake.

Moscow's apparent decision to strike non-Islamic State targets and those of Syrian rebels backed by the Central Intelligence Agency "at best" reflects "Russian military incompetence," and worst, "evidence of a dangerous desire to highlight American political impotence," wrote Brzezinski, the national security adviser for former President Jimmy Carter and a strong supporter of current President Barack Obama.

And if Russia continues to pursue non-ISIL targets, the U.S. should retaliate, he added.

"In these rapidly unfolding circumstances the U.S. has only one real option if it is to protect its wider stakes in the region: to convey to Moscow the demand that it cease and desist from military actions that directly affect American assets," he said.

"The Russian naval and air presences in Syria are vulnerable, isolated geographically from their homeland," Brzezinski noted. "They could be 'disarmed' if they persist in provoking the US."

http://www.infowars.com/marco-rubio-...ia-over-syria/

Marco Rubio Wants US to Risk War with Russia Over Syria
    Rubio said going to war with Russia would be better than the current state of affairs in Syria
    by Kristinn Taylor
    Gateway Pundit
    October 6, 2015

Republican presidential candidate Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida gave an interview with CNBC’s John Harwood on Monday in which Rubio called for the United States to risk war with Russia to enforce a proposed no-fly zone over Syria.

HARWOOD: ONE FOREIGN POLICY QUESTION. AND I’M GOING TO TOSS IT BACK TO SCOTT WHO HAS A QUESTION FOR YOU AS WELL. YOU SUPPORT A NO-FLY ZONE IN SYRIA.

RUBIO: I SUPPORT A SAFE ZONE IN SYRIA THAT INCLUDES A NO-FLY ZONE, CORRECT.

HARWOOD: WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO ENGAGE IN MILITARY CONFLICT WITH THE RUSSIANS WHO ARE NOW FLYING BOMBING MISSIONS OVER SYRIA TO ENFORCE THAT ZONE? WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO HAVE WAR WITH RUSSIA OVER THAT?

RUBIO: NO. THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS THE FOLLOWING. NUMBER ONE, IF YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A NO-FLY ZONE, IT HAS TO BE AGAINST ANYONE WHO WOULD DARE INTRUDE ON IT. AND I AM CONFIDENT THAT THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE CAN ENFORCE THAT, INCLUDING AGAINST THE RUSSIANS. THAT I BELIEVE THE RUSSIANS WOULD NOT TEST THAT. I DON’T THINK IT’S IN THE RUSSIANS INTEREST TO ENGAGE IN AN ARMED CONFLICT OF THE UNITED STATES.
    What's a little military conflict with the Russians? Warmongers on the march.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I go back and forth between who I dislike the most among the so-called other candidates in the GOP field, but Marco Rubio is arguably the worst out of the bunch with maybe the exceptions of Lindsey Graham and Carly Fiorina. I think if and when Paul is in the next GOP debate he should go after Rubio at least as much as he goes after Trump and Bush, this guy is bad news all around.

Russia is calling every bluff the West makes. Russia is the one that has established a no-fly zone in Syria. So Rubio is playing to that sliver of the base of warmongers in the GOP.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-1...blockade-syria

Russia Escalates Syria Proxy War: Threatens Full Naval Blockade Of Syria
    by Tyler Durden
    zerohedge.com
    10/05/2015

Last week, NATO's supreme allied commander for Europe, General Philip Breedlove, suggested that Russia has effectively declared a no-fly zone in Syria.

That contention was supported by Moscow’s rather bold move to effectively instruct the US-led coalition to keep its planes out of the sky starting last Wednesday. Ultimately, The Kremlin has declared a monopoly on Syrian air space for the duration of Russia’s military campaign, marking an epic embarrassment for Washington, and serving notice to the anti-regime forces operating in Syria that there’s a new sheriff in town.

Well, don't look now, but in addition to the de facto no-fly zone, some experts are out suggesting that Russia is set to use its Black Sea fleet to enforce a blockade on the Syrian coast.

Well, the GOP is full of war-loving morons, so he's sure to look strong on war and foreign conflict.

We will go to war for 5 us trained rebels? Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post
    Russia is calling every bluff the West makes. Russia is the one that has established a no-fly zone in Syria. So Rubio is playing to that sliver of the base of warmongers in the GOP.
    There is a contingent of the Neo-cons that is literally crazy enough to play chicken with the Russian Bear, but I'd venture a guess that even they would tuck tail and run if it actually came to trying to fight openly with Russia. Neo-cons act tough when dealing with a little Mid-East country that barely has a military to fight back with, but when evenly matched, they are total cowards.

RAND! Get out in front of this now!

Stop the madness.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    We will go to war for 5 us trained rebels? Hehe
    McCain claimed "A couple thousand" last night on Colbert - http://www.cbs.com/shows/the-late-sh...sty-copeland-/

Last edited by timosman; 10-06-2015 at 07:25 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A couple thousand wow really? did McCain himself saw them as he did the last time?

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    I think if and when Paul is in the next GOP debate he should go after Rubio at least as much as he goes after Trump and Bush, this guy is bad news all around.
    Agreed. Rand needs to destroy Rubio the same way his father destroyed Rudy. Expose Rubio for the homicidal neocon puppet that he is.

I go back and forth between who I dislike the most among the so-called other candidates in the GOP field, but Marco Rubio is arguably the worst out of the bunch with maybe the exceptions of Lindsey Graham and Carly Fiorina. I think if and when Paul is in the next GOP debate he should go after Rubio at least as much as he goes after Trump and Bush, this guy is bad news all around.
    Rubio, Fiorina and Graham are the worst, which is why I said I would rather have Trump than Rubio in the other thread. Trump is not advocating shooting Russian planes out of the sky.

So now it would appear you agree with me or are you like Klamath and would rather have Rubio over Trump regardless that Rubio is far more dangerous of a Neocon war monger?
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

as a kid, I saw members of our armed forces.. being abused. (Vietnam)
    I NEVER thought that I would see that again in my lifetime.

I wonder, how many, even here. know why (we were told) the Vietnam war was fought?
    what was the "cold war" fought over? (same answer as the first query)

if one does not understand this paradigm. there is danger.
    to our fair troops.

please do what you can to prohibit this.
    Last edited by HVACTech; 10-06-2015 at 06:56 PM.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Rubio, Fiorina and Graham are the worst, which is why I said I would rather have Trump than Rubio in the other thread. Trump is not advocating shooting Russian planes out of the sky.

So now it would appear you agree with me or are you like Klamath and would rather have Rubio over Trump regardless that Rubio is far more dangerous of a Neocon war monger?
    I don't fully agree with you, it's a choice between arsenic vs. rat poison. Rubio wants to have the government take my unborn kids for his war, Trump wants to take my house, I don't show preference between different modes of tyranny, be it imperialism or communism.

If I had a choice only between Trump and Rubio, I would stay home.

And Trump could be a maniacal warmonger too for all we know. Remember, he wants John Bolton in his cabinet.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post
    unfortunately much more than a sliver. there are the Israel firsters, who think Syria is part of Greater Israel; the bible thumpers in Iowa and the South who want the rapture; the arms merchants and bankers of wall street, the progressives who see it as an excuse for national service/slavery. Rand should be the peace candidate. ask the voters if their children should die for Syria and Ukraine.

and pull out of that damned NATO. if Putin wants Latvia or Turkey let him have it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't fully agree with you, it's a choice between arsenic vs. rat poison. Rubio wants to have the government take my unborn kids for his war, Trump wants to take my house, I don't show preference between different modes of tyranny, be it imperialism or communism.

at least Trump would buy your house.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    at least Trump would buy your house.
    Nobody is buying my house unless I consent to the sale, and Trump is a much of a militaristic fool as Rubio considering that he wants John Bolton in his freakin' cabinet. I'm not voting for the S.O.B., get over it.

If Rubio were President today it is possible the US would be shooting Russian jets out the sky and we would be on our way to WWIII. It sounds like a pretty easy choice between nuclear winter or just another President that will not pass legislation to eliminate eminent domain.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Nobody is buying my house unless I consent to the sale, and Trump is a much of a militaristic fool as Rubio considering that he wants John Bolton in his freakin' cabinet. I'm not voting for the S.O.B., get over it.

Give 'em guns and send 'em over.

Rarely do I agree with you but I do here. NOBP!!

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic