Thread: Biden supports military draft

Biden supports military draft

http://www.washingtonian.com/article...-american-boy/

Now, if you still think I’m a liberal, let me tell you that I support the draft. I’m scared to death of a professional army

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The draft is slavery.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

The draft is wrong. We have to witness the sickening display of some Americans voting to send other Americans to die on the battlefield against their will. Old people, women, and sick people with nothing to worry about gathering together and voting to throw young men to the wolves, it should turn your stomach.

The only people that should get to vote for the draft, are the ones who are at it's mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    http://www.washingtonian.com/article...-american-boy/

Now, if you still think I’m a liberal, let me tell you that I support the draft. I’m scared to death of a professional army
    That is a quote from Biden, not the OP, btw. (Or both.?)
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

Biden has big plans for his NWO/NATO military.

I hope he wins the nomination then so he can be beaten over the head with this so the Dems lose in the general.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

There are plenty of old fart Democrats who like the idea of bringing back the draft, in fact it's pretty popular in the so-called Congressional Black Caucus. I'd say this might actually help Biden in the primary considering that Sanders will already be getting most of the anti-draft vote, even though I don't know if Sanders actually opposes the draft or not given that he's not really anti-war.

If Biden enters the presidential race, Clinton is in real serious trouble, more so than if she was only dealing with Sanders.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    Quote from Biden.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    If Biden enters the presidential race, Clinton is in real serious trouble, more so than if she was only dealing with Sanders.
    This is so bizarre.

She isn't just dealing with Sanders. She's dealing with O'Malley, Webb and Chaffee, two of which should be giving her fits on a level that goofy, creepy, warmongering Biden couldn't possibly match under any circumstances. But none of them must be named.

And yes, Biden has been a Graham-level major warmongerer for decades and decades.

I suppose we should be grateful. But as much as I don't like the best of them, Webb, if the Republicans refuse to grow brains and nominate Rand Paul then Webb winds up looking like the lesser evil by a country mile.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-05-2015 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Biden would be backed by the incumbent administration, because that's what he will be running on. If Biden does not run, worst case for Clinton is that they remain neutral during the primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    This is so bizarre.

She isn't just dealing with Sanders. She's dealing with O'Malley, Webb and Chaffee, two of which should be giving her fits on a level that goofy, creepy, warmongering Biden couldn't possibly match under any circumstances. But none of them must be named.

And yes, Biden has been a Graham-level major warmongerer for decades and decades.

I suppose we should be grateful. But as much as I don't like the best of them, Webb, if the Republicans refuse to grow brains and nominate Rand Paul then Webb winds up looking like the lesser evil by a country mile.
    At this juncture, it looks like Webb has less of a chance at being nominated than Rand does by his respective party. Then again, the Dems haven't even had a single debate yet, and if Webb is included, he could pull off an upset.

Every young man should have the honor and privilege in serving in our great armed forces. It teaches them to stand up for what's right, and also the wisdom for when to look the other way (child molestation, poppy fields, torture, etc)
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    Biden quote-should have made that clear. maybe Rand could use it against him.

i remember the draft during vietnam...

didn't go very well.....the war ended a few years later.

This goes here;

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    i remember the draft during vietnam...

didn't go very well.....the war ended a few years later.
    And how many American kids were enslaved, maimed or killed during those few years?
    And how many foreign innocents were those kids forced to kill or maim?
    Doesn't seem worth it to me.

Slavers gonna slave.

Even the ones with "good intentions."

Stop Suggesting Conscription As the Fix for American Militarism
    http://antiwar.com/blog/2013/05/09/t...oesnt-end-war/

The idea that the draft would stop perpetual war is tempting to consider for a minute. After all, wasn’t it that sword of Damocles hanging over every middle class kid that finally made Americans say enough was enough during Vietnam? Isn’t it worth a try?

No. Because you don’t end mass-murder by enslaving enough people to maybe, eventually, piss off the masses.
    [...]
    Would it work? It’s possible. But it didn’t work during the Civil War, World War I, World War II, Korea, or Vietnam. Or, it didn’t work in time for scores upon scores of thousand of men. What about them? Isn’t preventing their enslavement and slaughter also a part of opposing war?

If people suggesting a return to conscription are serious about ending war and all its miseries, they will stop spinning their wheels on bull$#@! columns like Sirota’s; stop coyly suggesting unpopular plans that make them sound grave and determined; and they will start opposing war, period.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Slavers gonna slave.

Even the ones with "good intentions."

Stop Suggesting Conscription As the Fix for American Militarism
    http://antiwar.com/blog/2013/05/09/t...oesnt-end-war/
    Wishful thinking. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...tiwar-movement

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Every young man should have the honor and privilege in serving in our great armed forces. It teaches them to stand up for what's right, and also the wisdom for when to look the other way (child molestation, poppy fields, torture, etc)
    If you look at some of the returning veterans, standing up isn't really possible for any reason, between either missing limbs or heavy brain damage. They really should just bring back the old Army slogan and add an addendum so it reads "Be all you can be, until you cease to be".