Thread: Silver...

Silver...

Given my recent research, I believe that the price of silver should really be around $32.00oz. Do you concur? Yes or No, why or why not etc..?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What is preventing it from being that price if that is the "correct" price?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by reduen View Post
    Given my recent research, I believe that the price of silver should really be around $32.00oz. Do you concur? Yes or No, why or why not etc..?
    I do not do alot of research anymore ,I do buy it and sell it about every day . I have no idea of what it " should " be worth.I certainly did not think it would get this cheap again. Probably , things are good for me now for business , and then , of course good for me personally if it were 30 or over .

Good buyin' time, the way I sees it!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    What is preventing it from being that price if that is the "correct" price?
    I would think that it is mostly controlled manipulation by someone. Who that is can be another discussion entirely...

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I do not do alot of research anymore ,I do buy it and sell it about every day . I have no idea of what it " should " be worth.I certainly did not think it would get this cheap again. Probably , things are good for me now for business , and then , of course good for me personally if it were 30 or over .
    Yeah, good times for you Oyarde huh? My problem is being patient enough to ride this stupidity until it over-corrects to the high side again... I have always thought that I would like to be a jeweler... Ehh.. maybe not.

I mean Silver is a product after all and it has to have a certain value that no matter of any manipulation the market will ultimately determine... Right? How much are consumers like oyarde willing to pay? How much can producers afford to take for their product before they can no longer even afford to stay in business? Etc..

Who would have guessed oil, copper, silver, gold, etc.... would all be down, but the economy is booming!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will sell you all the silver you want at $32/oz
    Tax is theft. War is murder. Conscription is slavery. Government is organized crime.

Quote Originally Posted by stuntman stoll View Post
    Why would anyone do that instead of taking advantage of the suppressed paper price, while it lasts? Institutionals, sovereign funds and banks sure are.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

There is way more paper gold than actual product. This would keep prices suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by kfarnan View Post
    There is way more paper gold than actual product. This would keep prices suppressed.
    It wouldn't keep the physical price down, and if this were true, you could use arbitrage between paper and physical to make an infinite amount of money.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

It wouldn't keep the physical price down,
    It's not. Seen premiums on physical lately? APMEX is up to a $6.50 premium per oz on eagles!

and if this were true, you could use arbitrage between paper and physical to make an infinite amount of money.
    That's what physical dealers are doing. The catch is that you need a direct pipeline to the mints, which non-dealers do not.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    It's not. Seen premiums on physical lately? APMEX is up to a $6.50 premium per oz on eagles!
    Spot silver is not the price of eagles. The premium is only $0.99 on 100 oz bars and $0.49 on 1000 oz bars through APMEX.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    That's what physical dealers are doing. The catch is that you need a direct pipeline to the mints, which non-dealers do not.
    Dealers do not trade shares of paper silver to mints in order to get coins.
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by stuntman stoll View Post
    I hope this was your idea of a joke..

I know a guy not far from me who pays ten times face and sells at around 12 to 13 times face.Everything he gets is usually sold same day or by next day .This is the standard in my area for 90 % dimes , quarters and halves. Dollars and Eagles carry a large premium though .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Spot silver is not the price of eagles. The premium is only $0.99 on 100 oz bars and $0.49 on 1000 oz bars through APMEX.

Dealers do not trade shares of paper silver to mints in order to get coins.
    I can tell you this. I have made money buying and re-selling on ebay in the past. The problem is that after paying premiums,fees and shipping you make very little on each transaction. That doesn't change the fact that spot price (paper price) is lower than physical price for whatever reason. Given enough money and time I guess one could make "infinite money". Take out the middle man, which is what devil21 was referring too and I guess it could be well worth the effort...

I Cleaned up here past couple weeks on some Extra Fine Mercury Dimes in the 1920's , circulated silver quarters , Very Fine and Extra Fine silver Walking Liberty halves , Very Good Barber dimes , things seem to be selling well here with the spot price where it is. Of course if it was higher , my slight margin would amount to more , but like it is , avg guy buys more, so it is a wash for me. At least for dimes , quarters & halves.

Quote Originally Posted by reduen View Post
    I hope this was your idea of a joke..
    No I'm serious. How 'bout 100oz for 3200? I take bitcoin.
    Tax is theft. War is murder. Conscription is slavery. Government is organized crime.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    but the economy is booming!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah right.