Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How the New Testament Canon was Formed

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Jesus said He was God. Do you even believe that?
    Those aren't the answers to the questions.

Silly Sola_Fide post score +1.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post

Ah...I see. You don't believe the Bible. Well, why are you chastising me for not believing what's in the text of the Bible if you don't believe what's in the text?

Aliens?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Jesus said He was God. Are you arguing with your Bible again?

Jesus said He was God. Are you arguing with your Bible again?
    Nope. (An example of one way questions are answered.)

Ah...I see. You don't believe the Bible. Well, why are you chastising me for not believing what's in the text of the Bible if you don't believe what's in the text?

Aliens?
    I'm not a Christian, you claim to be one. Though Paulinist is much easier to believe.

I'm not a Christian, you claim to be one. Though Paulinist is much easier to believe.
    Are you arguing with your Bible again?

Are you arguing with your Bible again?
    Nope, I never do! I have many books but no "Bible" for me.

Are you silly posting again?

Nope, I never do! I have many books but no "Bible" for me.

Are you silly posting again?
    Do you believe that Jesus existed?

Do you believe that Jesus existed?
    I am not the thread topic.

Wait a second. Do you believe Paul existed?

How can these people contradict each other if they didn't even exist?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wait a second. Do you believe Paul existed?

How can these people contradict each other if they didn't even exist?

I'm going to try that response the next time someone asks me a question I can't answer. Good tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    None of the points in that article are shocking or even important if, like the majority of Christendom throughout the last 2000 years, you reject Sola Scriptura.
    Nor are they if you accept it.

Seems very "iffy" to me. Paulinistas undoubtedly will disagree.
    See? I knew you didn't read it.

That is what the author is saying did NOT happen.

Paul was wrong and a pathological liar. Yeshua is correct.
    How can someone be "correct" if they didn't exist?

Are you insane?

How can someone be "correct" if they didn't exist?

Are you insane?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    See? I knew you didn't read it.

That is what the author is saying did NOT happen.
    Are you going to believe me or your lying Paulinista eyes?
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 10-05-2015 at 02:39 PM.

You aren't intellectual enough to resolve the inconsistencies in your worldview. It's part intellectual, and part courage. The courageous thing to do is to submit your deeply held presuppositions to the bar of logic. I would suggest you do that...at the very least it would cause you to grow as a person. But beyond that, I know that true consistency is found only in the knowledge of Christ. Without Christ as the object of your faith and knowledge, you are like a ship that is tossed around by every new wave of ideas that comes your way. That is the reason you can't face even the simplest questions about your worldview.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are you going to believe me or your lying Paulinista eyes?
    Should I believe a Paulinist, or an atheist like yourself?

How the New Testament Canon was Formed

Wait.... Is it too late to guess "molten metal poured into a sand casting"??
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Jesus said He was God. Do you even believe that?
    In the verses below, Jesus distinguishes himself from "God" or "Lord", and either literally says, suggests, or implies his "Father" or "God" is greater than he. They're all King James version:

John 14:28
    28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Proverbs 8:22
    22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

Mark 12:29
    29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

John 20:17
    17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

John 8:28
    28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Luke 23:46
    46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

Matthew 19:17
    17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Matthew 24:36
    36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

John 5:30
    30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 19:11
    11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

John 8:42
    42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    How the New Testament Canon was Formed

Wait.... Is it too late to guess "molten metal poured into a sand casting"??
    Was it a Holy Sand Casting?

Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    In this statement, Jesus shows He is God.

The statement shouldn't be take like "Why do you call me good? I am not good. Only God is good."

It should be taken like "I want you to know who you're talking to right now. I am good, and only God is good, therefore I am God."

Jesus wanted the rich young ruler to realize who he was talking to.

In this statement, Jesus shows He is God.

The statement shouldn't be take like "Why do you call me good? I am not good. Only God is good."

It should be taken like "I want you to know who you're talking to right now. I am good, and only God is good, therefore I am God."

Jesus wanted the rich young ruler to realize who he was talking to.
    I agree with this^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post
    John 14:28
    28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
    The Father is the economic head of the Trinity, which is what is being referenced here. John 1:1-3 should pretty well establish that The Son is equal to The Father in terms of nature/substance as his identity as God is established there. Reading all of John's Gospel within the context of the opening chapter is key in avoiding Unitarian heresy.

Proverbs 8:22
    22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
    Christ is referred to as "The Only Begotten Son of God", so it follows that he comes out of The Father from the beginning. This is basic Trinitarian Doctrine 101.

Mark 12:29
    29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
    In nature God is indeed one, in subsistence he is 3; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All of them are of the same substance, thus they are all one in nature, though 3 in persons.

John 20:17
    17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
    This is a statement of Christ's humiliation in his pre-ascended state. Inferring that he does not possess the same divine nature as God because he is fulfilling his role of perfectly keeping the law in his Human Nature is a distortion of what is being discussed here. And again, all of John's Gospel should be read in light of the first chapter.

John 8:28
    28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
    When Jesus refers to himself by the title "Son of man", it can be rightly inferred that the context is his human nature, which in its worldly humiliation for the purpose of mediation between The Father and the creation, is subordinate to the will and teachings of The Father. And again, even in Christ's divine person, his subsistence is economically subordinate to The Father.

Luke 23:46
    46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
    The eternal begotten Son of God returns to the economic head of the Trinity, aka The Father. It's curious to note that any subordinate creature in the sense being implied by you including this quote would be blaspheming to presume to commend his spirit unto God unless he himself was partaking of the divine economy.

Bowing and worshiping the worldly humiliation of Jesus is considered idolatry by the reformed, which is what appears to be taking place with this man. Furthermore, you do realize that Jesus often used rhetorical questions in order to draw out peoples' intentions, right?

Matthew 24:36
    36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
    Another statement of economic headship, not to mention that Jesus did not preclude himself from knowledge as he only disqualified men and angels from knowledge of the time to come.

John 5:30
    30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
    Again, you need to read this with an eye to the opening chapter of John's Gospel. The Father is the economic head, and as clearly stated in the Nicene Creed, the Son and The Spirit proceed from The Father. Any statement regarding Christ's economic function as the 2nd person of the trinity is fully in harmony with this.

John 19:11
    11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.
    If you are taking this out of context quote to be a reference to God, you would have to assume that God committed sin. The first half of this references the providence of God, whereas the 2nd half is speaking of Judas and the Temple Priests.

John 8:42
    42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
    Any one of my previous responses regarding other isolated passages from John's Gospel will take care of this one. Nothing you have cited contradicts anything in the Nicene Creed or in any other historic council dealing with the Trinity or Christ's 2 natures, unless you take heretic scissors and cut isolated verses out of John and ignore the beginning of it, as well as anything else that bolster's Christ's divinity in the New Testament.

People arguing over whether what was written that someone said by someone else is to be interpreted this way or that depending on other things that were said that some said by something written by someone at some time in that ancient past.

What was the topic?
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 10-10-2015 at 12:33 PM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    People arguing over whether what was written that someone said by someone else is to be interpreted this way or that depending on other things that were said that some said by something written by someone at some time in that ancient past.

What was the topic?
    Kinda like CONstitution debates, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Kinda like CONstitution debates, eh?
    Nah. At least the constitution debates are about substance rather that he said she said. We are going to have some form of government until all of mankind can treat others as themselves. At least that's what I think. And it may as well be a government that does as little as absolutely possible to restrain those that it pretends to represent.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post

What was the topic?
    Thread post #1, may provide an answer. At least that is/was the intention. (SHHHH, please don't tell anyone else because it just makes them crankier.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12