Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Carson: Christians, Jews, Muslims all believe in God, Jesus preached love and acceptance

Ben Carson: Christians, Jews, Muslims all believe in God, Jesus preached love and acceptance

Although Ben was not called a "secret Muslim" like Obama is often by GOP Christians but he seemed to have quite different views about Muslims/Jews until recently. Not clear if he adjusted his tune recently for fund raising boost but this seems like an abrupt flip flop:

Christians push back on Dr. Ben Carson’s Facebook faith post

http://standupforthetruth.com/2015/0...ok-faith-post/

His popularity among GOP Chrsitains and fund raising could go by way of "Pizza Pizza" if his real view of "love, acceptance" for muslims went viral on CNN, Fox news websites.

Related

Geraldo: Republicans are just pretending they’ll vote for Carson because HE’S BLACK!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, what happened? We get on Rand for pandering. This guy went from we are all God's children to muslims should never be allowed to be president and lets bomb everyone. This guy did a complete 180.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Mike4Freedom View Post
    This guy went from we are all God's children to muslims should never be allowed to be president and lets bomb everyone. This guy did a complete 180.
    Turns out Ben Carson is quite an opportunist politician despite claiming to be truth teller. He seems to be packing quite a few contradictions hidden behind his smug "nice" guy facade:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6001518

Ben Carson is probably as much a real Christian as Obama is.

He's an opportunist with very little religious conviction.

honestly i see nothing wrong whit what he said. god is god right?? isnt it the same god? why do so many christians get pissed when they are faced with the fact that god created All of us even muslims? besides jesus wasnt a white american guy. i pissed off many family and friends whn they held their "im right and theyre wrong" attitude when referring to brown people. i told them that jesus was also brown....so if you hate them, you hate him. smh.....

this is one of the reasons i no longer believe in mans version of christianity or mans version of god. if jesus said let ALL come to him...then that means all and we are all the same....yet so many dont think so.

$#@! em, ill just be as good as i can to people and not waste my time. if god is real, then im sure hes smart enough to know why i do what i do.

This is a very progressive, "American" attitude to have towards religion, and it will probably serve Carson well in his candidacy for a while, but it's also based on a monumentally false premise. If you look at the Islamic, post-NT Judaic and Christian views of God, they are extremely different. Both Judaic and Islamic understanding of the Godhead reject Trinitarian doctrine (some sects claiming to be Christian do this as well), and they have very different doctrinal interpretations of what texts they have in common with each other.

It's a very politically correct thing to say, but it's also a complete lie.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    honestly i see nothing wrong whit what he said. god is god right?? isnt it the same god? why do so many christians get pissed when they are faced with the fact that god created All of us even muslims? besides jesus wasnt a white american guy. i pissed off many family and friends whn they held their "im right and theyre wrong" attitude when referring to brown people. i told them that jesus was also brown....so if you hate them, you hate him. smh.....
    But he gets very little money from GOP Christians when Carson expresses Jesus' love and acceptance for muslims and jews. It is $$$s problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    This is a very progressive, "American" attitude to have towards religion, and it will probably serve Carson well in his candidacy for a while, but it's also based on a monumentally false premise. If you look at the Islamic, post-NT Judaic and Christian views of God, they are extremely different. Both Judaic and Islamic understanding of the Godhead reject Trinitarian doctrine (some sects claiming to be Christian do this as well), and they have very different doctrinal interpretations of what texts they have in common with each other.

It's a very politically correct thing to say, but it's also a complete lie.

Carson is almost as progressive as Obama.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ben Carson is wrong. Christians do not worship the same God as Jews, Muslim, and Roman Catholics. Ben Carson himself is a Seventh Day Adventist, which is not a Christian faith either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Ben Carson is wrong. Christians do not worship the same God as Jews, Muslim, and Roman Catholics. Ben Carson himself is a Seventh Day Adventist, which is not a Christian faith either.
    SDA's follow Jesus Christ making them Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by redmod79 View Post
    SDA's follow Jesus Christ making them Christian.
    Mormons follow Jesus Christ. Are they Christian?

Mormons follow Jesus Christ. Are they Christian?
    I dont know their beliefs very well. SDA's follow Christ and believe he is God, eternal, etc all the characteristics of God the Father and is one with the Father and that Christ is the creator of this universe and that He died for our sins and is the only way to salvation.

I dont know their beliefs very well. SDA's follow Christ and believe he is God, eternal, etc all the characteristics of God the Father and is one with the Father and that Christ is the creator of this universe and that He died for our sins and is the only way to salvation.
    Do you know Seventh day Adventist's beliefs very well too? Because I do, and some of those things you mention can be disputed.

You can only dispute them by misquoting and taking quotes out of context. Similar to liberals with the constitution and non-believers with the Bible.

You can only dispute them by misquoting and taking quotes out of context. Similar to liberals with the constitution and non-believers with the Bible.
    No. It's all taken from the very words of Ellen G. White. They believe that atonement for sins can be made by men's faith and repentance, which is not a Christian belief.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I assert your claim is false. I would appreciate if you could provide sources for me to investigate.

I'm certainly no theologen, but I believe atonement is only possible by the intercession of Christ. Forgiveness is a gift, but one cannot receive the gift if not true in faith to Christ and truly repentant. Where true repentance is being sorry for the harm caused to others, especially to God because of our sin, instead of simply being sorry for the consequences of our sin. This is the gist of SDA belief in that matter. Id be interested in your sources. I suspect they are out of context. I'm at work now so I have to go. Have a good day.

There's a wiki entry on it
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critic...ventist_Church

SDAs also believe judgement has been ongoing since 1844
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investigative_judgment
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

I assert your claim is false. I would appreciate if you could provide sources for me to investigate.

I'm certainly no theologen, but I believe atonement is only possible by the intercession of Christ. Forgiveness is a gift, but one cannot receive the gift if not true in faith to Christ and truly repentant. Where true repentance is being sorry for the harm caused to others, especially to God because of our sin, instead of simply being sorry for the consequences of our sin. This is the gist of SDA belief in that matter. Id be interested in your sources. I suspect they are out of context. I'm at work now so I have to go. Have a good day.
    Ellen G. White wrote some extremely dubious things regarding the topic of sin and atonement, particularly as it pertains to the crucifixion and Christ's nature. For example:

1. In her book "Patriarchs and Prophets," Mrs. White writes: "The blood of Christ...was not to cancel sin." Her co-worker, Uriah Smith, wrote: "Christ did not make the atonement when He shed His blood upon the Cross. Let this be for ever fixed in the mind." (Looking Unto Jesus, p.237) This is in direct contradiction to the New Testament, which asserts that "In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His grace." (Ephesians 1:7); "Made peace through the blood of His cross" (Colossians 1:20); "Redeemed by the precious blood of Christ" (1 Peter 1:19)

2. Mrs. White further writes in "Patriarchs and Prophets": "Satan bore...the weight and punishment of the sins of the redeemed." This is in direct contradiction to several parts of the New Testament most directly "Who (Christ) His own self bore our sins in His own body on the tree" (1 Peter 2:26)

3. Perhaps most offensive to the doctrine of the Virgin birth and Christ's incarnation is another passage where she states "In His humanity, Christ partook of our sinful, fallen nature...On His human side, Christ inherited just what every child of Adam inherits--a sinful nature." in her book "Bible Readings for the Home Circle," (p. 115) This is a particularly offensive statement as it is clearly written that Christ's incarnation was not tied to Adam by ordinary generation, hence the virgin birth. Furthermore, the New Testament testifies that "He was holy, harmless, undefiled and separate from sinners" (Hebrews 7:26) and "without sin" (Hebrews 4:15).

It should also be noted that SDAs also believe in the concept of "soul sleep", which is in contradiction to "Absent from the body, present with the Lord." (Phil. 1:23) Likewise, SDAs deny the doctrine of everlasting punishment, which contradicts more New Testament passages than I care to mention.

P.S. - This is just the tip of the ice berg. I've read through some of Ellen G. White's works, and along with the entire Presbyterian communion during her lifetime, I am convinced that her incongruous statements regarding faith and doctrine were the product of severe mental illness, as was the case with Margaret MacDonald's "visions" that gave us all this Pre-Trib Rapture gibberish.

3. Perhaps most offensive to the doctrine of the Virgin birth and Christ's incarnation is another passage where she states "In His humanity, Christ partook of our sinful, fallen nature...On His human side, Christ inherited just what every child of Adam inherits--a sinful nature." in her book "Bible Readings for the Home Circle," (p. 115) This is a particularly offensive statement as it is clearly written that Christ's incarnation was not tied to Adam by ordinary generation, hence the virgin birth. Furthermore, the New Testament testifies that "He was holy, harmless, undefiled and separate from sinners" (Hebrews 7:26) and "without sin" (Hebrews 4:15).

I remember that a SDA, jmdrake, used to argue that here on these forums. This is so beyond the pale of Christian orthodoxy that it renders Seventh Day Adventism a non-Christian religion.

Ellen G. White taught that "faith and repentance" atoned for sin, thereby denying the atonement of Christ:

“…[O]ur High Priest enters the holy of holies [in 1844]…to perform the work of investigative judgement and to make an atonement for all who are shown to be entitled to its benefits… Every man’s work passes in review before God and is registered for faithfulness or unfaithfulness… The law of God is the standard by which the characters and the lives of men will be tested in the judgement… As the books of record are opened in the judgement, the lives of all those who have believed on Jesus come in review before God… Names are accepted, names rejected… as they have become partakers of the righteousness of Christ, and their characters are found to be in harmony with the law of God, their sins will be blotted out, and they themselves will be accounted worthy of eternal life…. Jesus does not excuse their sins, but shows their penitence and faith, and, claiming for them forgiveness, He lifts His wounded hands before the Father… Sins that have not been repented of and forsaken will not be pardoned and blotted out of the books of record, but will stand to witness against the sinner…. [Christ] had kept His Father’s commandments, and there was no sin in Him… this is the condition in which those must be found who shall stand in the time of trouble” (Great Controversy, pp. 480, 482–84, 486, 623).

So that this discussion's primary focus remains on political aspects, I have started a thread in Religions section for in depth discussion on theological aspects of SDA sect's beliefs:

Where do Seventh Day Adventist sect beliefs fall relative to Christianity?

Sev·enth-day Ad·vent·ist
    noun
    noun: Seventh-Day Adventist; plural noun: Seventh-Day Adventists; noun: Seventh-day Adventist; plural noun: Seventh-day Adventists
    a member of a Protestant sect that preaches the imminent return of Christ to Earth (originally expecting the Second Coming in 1844) and observes Saturday as the sabbath.

Ben has made some inappropriate statements too in the past:

Ben Carson: 'I feel fingers' from God to run for President
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/20/politi...n-god-fingers/

Ellen G. White taught that "faith and repentance" atoned for sin, thereby denying the atonement of Christ:
    Indeed, it's classic, full-on Pelagian error, which they inherited from the Restorationist Movement, particularly the earlier Millerite Adventists, who believed that the world was going to end in 1843 among other various absurdities. I'm generally dismissive of anybody arguing in favor of any sectarian group that arose out of the 18th century onward, and it's usually because stuff like this is generally shared by most, if not all of them.

Indeed, it's classic, full-on Pelagian error, which they inherited from the Restorationist Movement, particularly the earlier Millerite Adventists, who believed that the world was going to end in 1843 among other various absurdities. I'm generally dismissive of anybody arguing in favor of any sectarian group that arose out of the 18th century onward, and it's usually because stuff like this is generally shared by most, if not all of them.
    Yes, there were a few groups that grew out of the Millerite movement, one other notable one being the Jehovah's Witnesses. They are ridiculous doomsday cults that reject Biblical Christianity.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Sola_Fide, I'm a little confused then seeing as I am Catholic. If I am not believing in the same God as the other religions you speak of, then what God am I believing in? I seem to be missing your point.

Folks, this is not a thread for theological discussion. If you are not openly expressing your hate for the benefit of the search engines or posting awesome cat pictures, this is not the thread to post in.

I agree with at least those that I made bold, as Jews and Muslims haven't reduced themselves to worshiping a man who's no more divine than they are.

Anyways, as we can see with Ben Carson, you don't have to be a politician to flip-flop and politic.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Sola_Fide, I'm a little confused then seeing as I am Catholic. If I am not believing in the same God as the other religions you speak of, then what God am I believing in? I seem to be missing your point.
    Well, there is one God who has revealed Himself in the Scripture, and then there are countless idols in men's minds who have not revealed themselves in the Scripture.

He's an opportunist with very little religious conviction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post

Anyways, as we can see with Ben Carson, you don't have to be a politician to flip-flop and politic.
    True that.

Well, there is one God who has revealed Himself in the Scripture, and then there are countless idols in men's minds who have not revealed themselves in the Scripture.
    A belief is by definition something that has no evidence .. or else it would be called a "fact". As long as you are clear that you are stating your "beliefs" to which not all would agree ,thanks to God's wonderful engineering of human mind, it is all good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast