Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben Carson: Christians, Jews, Muslims all believe in God, Jesus preached love and acceptance

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

A belief is by definition something that has no evidence .. or else it would be called a "fact". As long as you are clear that you are stating your "beliefs" to which not all would agree ,thanks to God's wonderful engineering of human mind, it is all good.
    No. What you believe determines what you think the "facts" are. This is the nature of thought that many people are not aware of.

There is no such thing as a brute fact. There is no such thing as a fact that is not related to an underlying presupposition that one holds.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    No. What you believe determines what you think the "facts" are. This is the nature of thought that many people are not aware of.

There is no such thing as a brute fact. There is no such thing as a fact that is not related to an underlying presupposition that one holds.
    So the moon is made of green cheese!

We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lots of judgmental types here. A Christian isn't someone who follows what some majority feels is standard Christian orthodoxy. A Christian is someone who follows Christ and tries to live a Christ-like lifestyle. As long as there is nothing that conflicts with what Jesus himself taught, I see no issue.

In regards to Adventists, White's work isn't taken to be equal to the bible at all, at most it is just her own view and interpretations of things but it isn't considered equal in any way which is a difference from Mormonism. But then I see no reason why Mormonism isn't Christian either other than people wanting to be all "Oh X isn't a true Christian" kind of judgmental filth.

I will take their word for it. Caron is a Christian, Romney is a Christian, and Obama is a Christian. It certainly isn't my place to say someone isn't a Christian. I don't know their minds and I am not God. What is worse than any odd element that may be in some denomination is judgmental people who think they know "what a true Christian is".

I find some of Caron's political comments odd and I disagree with some, but I certainly agree with him here. Muslims, Jews, Catholics, Protestants do indeed all have the same God. The God of Abraham. The religions may be different but they have a common origin if you go far enough back. But some people like to focus on minor differences instead of commonalities for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosControl View Post
    Lots of judgmental types here. A Christian isn't someone who follows what some majority feels is standard Christian orthodoxy. A Christian is someone who follows Christ and tries to live a Christ-like lifestyle. As long as there is nothing that conflicts with what Jesus himself taught, I see no issue.

In regards to Adventists, White's work isn't taken to be equal to the bible at all, at most it is just her own view and interpretations of things but it isn't considered equal in any way which is a difference from Mormonism. But then I see no reason why Mormonism isn't Christian either other than people wanting to be all "Oh X isn't a true Christian" kind of judgmental filth.

I will take their word for it. Caron is a Christian, Romney is a Christian, and Obama is a Christian. It certainly isn't my place to say someone isn't a Christian. I don't know their minds and I am not God. What is worse than any odd element that may be in some denomination is judgmental people who think they know "what a true Christian is".

I find some of Caron's political comments odd and I disagree with some, but I certainly agree with him here. Muslims, Jews, Catholics, Protestants do indeed all have the same God. The God of Abraham. The religions may be different but they have a common origin if you go far enough back. But some people like to focus on minor differences instead of commonalities for some reason.
    Being a "non judgmental Christian" is not possible, and not even rational.

Jesus died for mine and your sins Ben, not because he had values and principles.

If you can't/won't put that out there, you probably don't believe it to be too important and you've missed the whole point of a Jesus.

Missing the whole point of a Jesus naturally leads one to this group hug tripe.
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 10-06-2015 at 10:08 PM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Jesus died for mine and your sins Ben, not because he had values and principles.

If you can't/won't put that out there, you probably don't believe it to be too important and you've missed the whole point of a Jesus.

Missing the whole point of a Jesus naturally leads one to this group hug tripe.
    How can Jesus die for the sins of someone and that person not be saved? What do they have against them if their sins are paid for?

Being a "non judgmental Christian" is not possible, and not even rational.
    It is certainly possible, especially in the context of minor squabbles among different denominations.
    Do you really think all Catholics, Mormons, Jehova's Witnesses, SDAs, or whatever other denominations you don't approve of are doomed?

The only judge that matters if Christ, so who are we to judge one another anyway? I see nothing wrong with you thinking that some teaching in a denomination, or some action, is in conflict of what you feel is appropriate, but that is different than flat out saying X is not a Christian.

It is certainly possible, especially in the context of minor squabbles among different denominations.
    Do you really think all Catholics, Mormons, Jehova's Witnesses, SDAs, or whatever other denominations you don't approve of are doomed?
    No. What the Bible doesn't approve of is condemned. My judgement means nothing.

The only judge that matters if Christ, so who are we to judge one another anyway? I see nothing wrong with you thinking that some teaching in a denomination, or some action, is in conflict of what you feel is appropriate, but that is different than flat out saying X is not a Christian.
    The Bible says what is and what isn't Christian.

I understand why Catholics and SDAs are murky, especially since there are no doubt true Christians in those churches despite the heresies taught there. But Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses are clear, full blown cults and there is no possible way to defend otherwise. Both deny the trinity, one teaches arianism and the other polytheism, one blatantly ignores the authority of scriptures while the other effectively does, etc. There's no real gray area there, and I don't see how any Christian with any level of maturity could be convinced into believing they are true CHristians. And I don't see how any Christian whatsoever could actually know about those cults and consider the differences trivial.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

As long as there is nothing that conflicts with what Jesus himself taught, I see no issue.

...yeah, but it's apparent to anyone not a goddamned fool that most/all the loudest 'christians' in 'the public eye' conflict DECIDEDLY with 'king james'' 'christianity'...as i don't believe jesus was a loud, warmonger facilitator/apologist, prison industrial complex facilitator/apologist, monetary ignoramus republicrat!!...like this rotten republicrat 'christian' political culture vomits on us ad nau$eam...

...frankly and personally, i've found many/most of the loudest republicrat 'christians' very slow...the type of richardhead found frequently yacking about how well !they 'know!' what christ was about some 2000 years ago when they can't even remember what they had for lunch two days ago!..

...i sense that, had these republicrat 'christian' peckerheads been born in a different time and place, they would be loudly preaching/parroting the 'intellectual' catechism of virgin sacrifice!..

...ooga booga, republicrat 'christians'!...ooga booga!
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 10-07-2015 at 09:33 AM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

While pro Obama libs calling Ben Carson "Uncle Tom" and "mentally ill" does cross lines of political correct ness, what his his flip-flopping game here:

Ben Carson: screen Syrian refugees like they're rabid dogs – video

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/v...bid-dogs-video

Related

Ben Carson fights back against ‘Uncle Tom’ attack
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...le-tom-attack/

Far-left call Herman Cain 'Uncle Tom,' 'house n**ger ...
    www.bizpacreview.com/.../far-left-call-herman-cain-uncle-tom-house-ng...
    Feb 16, 2013 - The announcement Friday by Fox News that Herman Cain has been hired as a contributor has set aside, at least for the moment, ...

ChaosControl, you made the following statement: "Caron is a Christian, Romney is a Christian, and Obama is a Christian."

You are accusing others of being judgmental. Isn't the statement above judgmental?

Mormons follow Jesus Christ. Are they Christian?
    Once again Sola_Fide you are being dishonest. You don't think Ben Carson is not a Christian because he's a Seventh Day Adventist. You believe he's not a Christian because you believe most Christians aren't Christian. You don't believe Rand Paul is a Christian. You probably don't believe Ron Paul is a Christian. (Ron Paul said that homosexuality is not a sin because gays are born that way. You probably believe closer to Ben Carson than Ron Paul on that.) You don't believe Eastern Orthodox or Catholics or Pentecostals or Freewill Baptists are Christians. Mormons have beliefs on the nature of Jesus that most Christians do not share, namely that Jesus was a created being. SDAs believe Jesus to be eternally pre-existing with God.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Ben Carson is probably as much a real Christian as Obama is.

Semi-related

Ben Carson placed on Southern Poverty Law Center’s ‘Extremist Watch List’

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-law-centers-/
    Except Ben Carson had the same belief about gays prior to running for office. Obama went to the progressive church of Jeremiah right that, to my knowledge, has no religious stand on gay marriage.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

While pro Obama libs calling Ben Carson "Uncle Tom" and "mentally ill" does cross lines of political correct ness, what his his flip-flopping game here:

Ben Carson: screen Syrian refugees like they're rabid dogs – video

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/v...bid-dogs-video
    Guardian headline is dishonest but I guess that doesn't matter. I watched the video. He wasn't saying all Syrian refugees were rabid dogs but that there are likely mad dogs (terrorists) among them. And...that's a real possibility. Anyway by pimping this story you are likely helping Carson among likely republican voters. Does he have you on his payroll?

Ironic, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Guardian headline is dishonest but I guess that doesn't matter.
    Many Media owners/neocons owners are dishonest, so you stating the obvious in first part of your arhument.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I watched the video. He wasn't saying all Syrian refugees were rabid dogs but that there are likely mad dogs (terrorists) among them.
    If some "politically incorrect" white conservative advocated that US Police should screen/profile black people using the analogy that some of them are rabid dogs (gangsters), will you take time to defend person who makes that analogy?

Do you believe Ben Carson had mad dog (gangster) temprament as a young man when he used to stab/hammer attack people before he got cured through Jesus therapy?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12