Thread: Ben Carson goes viral

Ben Carson goes viral

Yesterday, two Ben Carson Facebook posts went viral in response to the Oregon shooting. Politics aside, I thought they were fantastic.

So far this one has nearly 250,000 likes and over 100,000 shares:
    http://www.facebook.com/realbencarso...6485796517891/

This one over 1,000,000 likes and over 150,000 shares:
    http://www.facebook.com/realbencarso...6365619863242/

Also, Carson now has over 4 million likes on Facebook, surpassing Trump.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Ben Carson goes viral
    Sounds like Mr. Dr. Ben has not been vaccinated.

Hypocrite.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carson passes Trump and comes in at first place in the next few polls that will be released.

Yesterday, two Ben Carson Facebook posts went viral in response to the Oregon shooting. Politics aside, I thought they were fantastic.

www.facebook.com/realbencarson/photos/a.138691289630679.30304.138691142964027/536485796517891/

www.facebook.com/realbencarson/photos/a.143829065783568.1073741825.138691142964027/536365619863242/

Please don't start pushing Ben Carson on here.

I agree.

Rand could learn a lesson or two. Other campaigns have commented, yet no tweet or FB from Rand on the Oregon shootings. Unless I missed it has he made any comments in the media about the shootings?
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GovBotDotNet View Post
    What is the context of this IamA Christian?
    The Oregon shooter killed people on the basis of their Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I agree.

Rand could learn a lesson or two. Other campaigns have commented, yet no tweet or FB from Rand on the Oregon shootings. Unless I missed it has he made any comments in the media about the shootings?
    I didn't see any. I was hoping he would at least respond strongly to the calls for gun control, which frankly have gone to a new level.

I'm pretty sure the gunman said he did this for the Devil to be welcomed into Hell.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

I though Huckabee was the one who plays the Jesus card to try and win?

I just read the latest time magazine, had a few page article on Carson. It mentions he's religious a lot, explains how he credits God with so much, yet I didn't see a single mention that he's 7th day adventist which has their own sort of beliefs. Since the headquarters to that religion is nearby and I have family as members I am surprised this is being taken so lightly. Mormonism was a constant issue with Romney so why is this being ignored?
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Sounds like Mr. Dr. Ben has not been vaccinated.

Hypocrite.
    Maybe he was vaccinated after April 4th 2015 and had adverse reactions that changed his beliefs on religion:

Christians push back on Dr. Ben Carson’s Facebook faith post

http://standupforthetruth.com/2015/0...ok-faith-post/

If this claim is factual, Oregon shooter was targeting "white christians":

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6006837

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    I just read the latest time magazine, had a few page article on Carson. It mentions he's religious a lot, explains how he credits God with so much, yet I didn't see a single mention that he's 7th day adventist which has their own sort of beliefs. Since the headquarters to that religion is nearby and I have family as members I am surprised this is being taken so lightly. Mormonism was a constant issue with Romney so why is this being ignored?
    Is a 7th day adventist considered a real Christian?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Is a 7th day adventist considered a real Christian?
    Mainline Protestantism and pre-Reformation denominations view 7th day Adventists as a Judaizing sectarian group that sprang out of the Great Awakening and was rooted in the Millerite heresy, which sprang out of good old American Baptist culture, ergo they have similar roots to Mormonism, but their beliefs are not regarded as being polytheistic as was Joseph Smith's little cult. They had some more bizarre beliefs regarding diet and other legalistic areas that were later relaxed following a series of scandals (largely attributed to psychotic delusions of one of the movement's founders Ellen G. White, similar to the origins of pre-Trib. ratpure Pre-Millennialism, Theosophy and Christian Science), but they've maintained some semblance of a Historicist eschatological position, albeit Pre-Millennial Historicism.

I'd say they are slightly closer to the norm than Mormonism and the Jehova's Witnesses, but they are still rabidly heterodox on enough points for me to be wary of them, and I'd venture a guess that when most people in the Evangelical community find out that he's a 7th Day Adventist, he will lose some of their support.

P.S. - This probably won't apply to anybody outside of Presbyterian circles, but a prominent Covenant theologian William "Ergatees" Maclean did a tract against 7th Day Adventism that was extremely harsh, and particularly called them out as unrepentant law breakers regarding the 4th Commandment (keeping the Sabbath). To whatever extent the Reformed community is represented among Carson's base and is unaware of his church affiliation, they will probably be the first to jump ship.
    Last edited by hells_unicorn; 10-03-2015 at 11:54 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow that came from him, it was a genius idea of someone on his staff.

Doesn't matter if he takes #1 spot away from Trump as the new frontrunner, he's not presidential material. Its funny the GOP has its own Obama now.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Rand and his campaign need to learn how to farm. That is all politics is about...

FARMING

And today, it's seems to be based more on emotion than facts or real issues.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Seriously? I don't think so.

Let me repeat:

Seriously? I don't think so.

Let me repeat:
    Well let me make myself clear: I am not promoting Ben Carson and nothing in my post would imply that.

So $#@! off.

Well let me make myself clear: I am not promoting Ben Carson and nothing in my post would imply that.

So $#@! off.
    Because as Trump taught us, you can get away with telling any obvious baldfaced lie under the sun as long as you're an obnoxious bastard when you do it. But I'm not sure that will work as well for you as it does for him.

Maybe if you had name recognition. And a third grade vocabulary. And orange hair. And orange skin...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-04-2015 at 10:59 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

WOW look at all those likes!!!

1,083,220 and counting! And not everybody who sees a post likes it, that picture probably has tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions of views! This is great for Carson, surge incoming

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Because as Trump taught us, you can get away with telling any obvious baldfaced lie under the sun as long as you're an obnoxious bastard when you do it. But I'm not sure that will work as well for you as it does for him.

Maybe if you had name recognition. And a third grade vocabulary. And orange hair. And orange skin...
    And here comes the other useless idiot, making sure I don't mention any other candidate. Meanwhile, I put in time daily to help Rand while you two make sure that I don't violate your personal RPF preferences. It must hurt that you aren't official moderators.

So when there is interesting news, I will continue to post it, and I don't give a damn what people say.
    Last edited by TaftFan; 10-04-2015 at 11:07 AM.

So $#@! off.
    So, how did hitting me with a neg rep work out for you there, bud?

Worked great for me; I had already gained be far more than half your rep power before you even got around to me. I'm happily in the black. Keep playing that game, friend. We're all quite amused when you lose.

Your lips say, 'I am what I say, not what I appear to be,' but your posts all say, 'I yam what I yam.' Or, at least, your lips claim not to be trollish when they aren't too busy sweetly telling the whole forum to $#@! off. But do feel free to assume you're fooling someone. And pease, please, neg rep me all day. I love it. Kind of like when a child gets mad at you and starts swinging, and you realize that's a pretty good deep tissue massage.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-04-2015 at 11:37 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So, how did hitting me with a neg rep work out for you there, bud?

Worked great for me; I had already gained be far more than half your rep power before you even got around to me. I'm happily in the black. Keep playing that game, friend. We're all quite amused when you lose.

Your lips say, 'I am what I say, not what I appear to be,' but your posts all say, 'I yam what I yam.' Or, at least, your lips claim not to be trollish when they aren't too busy sweetly telling the whole forum to $#@! off. But do feel free to assume you're fooling someone. And pease, please, neg rep me all day. I love it. Kind of like when a child gets mad at you and starts swinging, and you realize that's a pretty good deep tissue massage.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    WOW look at all those likes!!!

1,083,220 and counting! And not everybody who sees a post likes it, that picture probably has tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions of views! This is great for Carson, surge incoming
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eds-per-minute
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Carson is sleepy

Ben Carson will drop out after NH.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic