Thread: Geraldo: Republicans are just pretending they’ll vote for Carson because HE’S BLACK!

Geraldo: Republicans are just pretending they’ll vote for Carson because HE’S BLACK!

As he becomes darling of Republican base whose majority sees Obama as a muslim, attacks on Ben Carson from the left field intensify:

Geraldo: Republicans are just pretending they’ll vote for Carson because HE’S BLACK!

Geraldo Rivera
    made unabashedly racist remarks about Republican presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson — while accusing Republicans of racism. The gist of it: they’re only saying they’ll vote for Carson because he’s black.
    On Fox News’ “The Five” on Thursday, Rivera commented on a Monmouth County College poll showing Carson would defeat Donald Trump in a head-to-head match-up. The show’s resident liberal said he was reminded of the 1993 New York City mayoral election, in which African-American incumbent Mayor David Dinkins polled high and looked like he was going to win, only to be defeated by Rudy Giuliani.
    “I think a lot of Republicans polled by Monmouth are giving the politically correct answer,” Rivera said. “I think it’s all about being the black neurosurgeon, brilliant guy.”
    When co-host Greg Gutfeld asked whether people voted for Obama because he was black, Rivera again gave a racist response, saying, “Obama was the least black guy you could possibly find.”

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/09/04/geraldo-republicans-are-just-pretending-theyll-vote-for-carson-because-hes-black-247398

Related

Poll: Do you agree with Geraldo's view that Republicans just pretending they’ll vote for Carson?

MSNBC Pundit Suggests Ben Carson an Affirmative-Action Case

Ben Carson fights back against ‘Uncle Tom’ attack
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...le-tom-attack/

Far-left call Herman Cain 'Uncle Tom,' 'house n**ger ...
    www.bizpacreview.com/.../far-left-call-herman-cain-uncle-tom-house-ng...
    Feb 16, 2013 - The announcement Friday by Fox News that Herman Cain has been hired as a contributor has set aside, at least for the moment, ...

Herman Cain Used the Affirmative Action He Decries to ...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/.../her...ed-the-affirma...
    Dec 2, 2011 - Herman Cain decries affirmative action but affirmative action got him where he is today.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    True.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Considering Carson is pretty vague on specifics I think this is partially true. It makes some white people feel good about themselves and others will do so out of misplaced white guilt. Others want to top the Democrats on race to prove once and for all the Republican party is not a racist party.

It would not be that effective for Carson if he did not have such a pleasant personality. In my opinion he has the most genuine down to earth personality of the whole lot.

However "white people" will say one thing to a pollster as to appear Progressive on race and then do something else privately in the voting booth.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Considering Carson is pretty vague on specifics I think this is partially true. It makes some white people feel good about themselves and others will do so out of misplaced white guilt. Others want to top the Democrats on race to prove once and for all the Republican party is not a racist party.

It would not be that effective for Carson if he did not have such a pleasant personality. In my opinion he has the most genuine down to earth personality of the whole lot.

However "white people" will say one thing to a pollster as to appear Progressive on race and then do something else privately in the voting booth.
    That would mess up pollsters if this is true, they should be boldly honest when talking to pollsters.

Carson does have pleasant personality but he seems bit sleepy compared to witty Herman Cain.

Cain Surges, Nearly Ties Romney for Lead in GOP ...
    www.gallup.com/poll/.../cain-surges-nearly-ties-romney-lead-gop-...
    Oct 10, 2011 - Mitt Romney and Herman Cain lead the Republican field for the 2012 GOP ... they are receiving from the Republican straw polls and debates.

Cain Leads GOP Field in National Poll
    www.realclearpolitics.com/.../cain_leads_gop_field_in_...
    Nov 2, 2011 - Herman Cain sits at the top of the Republican field in a new national poll that finished surveying voters as allegations surfaced that the ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm2PvnM7Vds

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Interesting point you raise.. like Cain, Carson has also made controversial statements about GOP majority's FMPOTUS.

Maybe some are. Doesn't really matter anyway, no way somebody with no political experience at all will get the nomination or be potus. It's still silly season, once all the neophytes wash out then we'll see how the race shakes out.

Probably true.

Most people support Carson because he is nice and a total outsider. We shall see how all that plays out.

Carson puts me to sleep, nothing Presidential about him either.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Carson is my second choice and it is not because he is black but I am not going to promote him on Rands forum or attack fellow Rand supporters that attack Carson. This isn't the place to promote your second choice if it is not Rand.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

I'm still holding hope Cain enters the race. IMO hes a much better black candidate than Carson
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

"White man speak with forked tongue."
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Wait... he's black? I hadn't noticed.

I usually have to wait till a person says he is black before I notice stuff like that.

Or was Geraldo saying he's black?

Who's black and why is that supposed to make any difference?
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 10-04-2015 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    I'm still holding hope Cain enters the race. IMO hes a much better black candidate than Carson
    You probably just want a free pizza

Cain Leads GOP Field in National Poll
    www.realclearpolitics.com/.../cain_leads_gop_field_in_...
    Nov 2, 2011

Republican Voters Apparently Really, Really Like Herman Cain
    May 06 12:26 pm 2011
    Before we turned off the teevee after that terrible debate last night, the Republican Party’s appointed Divider, Frank Luntz, was doing what he always does, standing in front of the whitest people he could find in a few hours, asking them questions to find out how best to make people like this think their political opponents aren’t human beings, much less American. But before he could get into that, he had to allow this restless group of people to express their sudden yet profound commitment to do whatever Herman Cain, the next president of the United States, says. He didn’t just win the debate. He mopped the floor with them all. And it makes absolutely no sense.

Carson I think is the best chance for the Republicans to get independent and Democratic voters, so I think he is their best chance at the presidency. Trump is too polarizing to appeal to other groups.

Also I think it is great he is not a politician.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

I don't agree in the sense that I think that his supporters will in fact vote for him. But I do agree in the sense that him being black is a contributing factor in the reason why some support him.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe his numbers have crashed to 6% because his staff is not good:

By Rebecca Shabad CBS News
    December 25, 2015, 12:04 PM

What happened to Ben Carson?

Ben Carson, a political outsider who led the GOP presidential field a few months ago, opened the door this week to speculation that he could alter his campaign operations as he faces declining poll numbers.

"Everything. Everything is on the table," he told the Associated Press about the potential revamp. "Every single thing is on the table. I'm looking carefully."

A CBS News battleground tracker poll from Oct. 25, for example, found Donald Trump and Carson were tied at 27 percent in the key first-caucus state. A CBS News/NYTimes national poll released on Oct. 27 found Carson had surpassed Trump nationally among likely GOP primary voters with 26 percent backing Carson, 4 percentage points ahead of Trump.

Just this week, a new CBS News battleground tracker survey found Cruz has now risen to first place in Iowa with 40 percent support, and Carson has fallen to fourth place with just 6 percent saying they would back him there.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-hap...to-ben-carson/

Related

Ben Carson: 'Some people in the CIA' told me that China was involved in Syria

• Pamela Engel
    • 4h

http://www.businessinsider.com/ben-c...mments-2015-12