Thread: The Fed "in the dock" (mock trial of the Federal Reserve, feat. Bob Murphy vs. Robert Kuttner)

The Fed "in the dock" (mock trial of the Federal Reserve, feat. Bob Murphy vs. Robert Kuttner)

"Fed on Trial"
    http://consultingbyrpm.com/blog/2015...-on-trial.html
    Bob Murphy (02 October 2015)

C-SPAN has posted the footage from FreedomFest in Vegas this past July. If you’re bored, at least check out 12:20 when Kennedy hugs me. Bucket list item, check.

Federal Reserve on Trial
    http://www.c-span.org/video/?327160-...ederal-reserve
    C-SPAN (10 July 2015)

Robert Kuttner and Robert Murphy participated in a debate on the Federal Reserve and its role in our economy. The debate is set up as a mock trial with Mr. Kuttner defending the Federal Reserve, and Mr. Murphy prosecuting. Lisa Kennedy Montgomery acted as the judge and Steve Forbes, John Allison, Alexander Green, and Stephen Miller acted as witnesses. FreedomFest is an annual libertarian conference held in Las Vegas.

[video at link: http://www.c-span.org/video/?327160-...ederal-reserve]
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Robert Murphy: "Maybe your next witness will agree with you."

Fun mock trial. Kennedy is kind of annoying in a few spots but overall entertaining and informative. I wonder who voted not guilty - in my libertarian court, they would've been outed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic