Thread: MO - 70 y/o man gets a beating from cop for having a stroke.

Exclamation MO - 70 y/o man gets a beating from cop for having a stroke.

Policy was followed, move the $#@! along.

Dept Says Cop Followed Procedure When He Mistook a 70-yo Man’s Stroke for DUI and Beat Him

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/pol...iY7Fp8Cso8T.99

Marshall, MO — Police refuse to investigate an off-duty officer of using excessive force after mistaking an elderly stroke victim for a drunk driver. Immediately after throwing a 70-year-old man out of his truck, the cop restrained him on the ground by pressing his knee into a blocked artery on the side of the elderly man’s neck. Although he repeatedly informed the officer that he was suffering from a stroke, the enraged cop continued to manhandle him until other officers finally arrived.

While driving to Walmart around 6 p.m. on Sunday, 70-year-old James Miller began feeling dizzy and ill before veering off the road and accidentally hitting a house with his pick-up truck. Instead of correctly reading the situation, off-duty Columbia police Sgt. Scott Hedrick ran out of the house and immediately pulled Miller out of the vehicle. After slamming the elderly man to the ground, Hedrick pressed his knee into a blocked artery on the right side of Miller’s neck.

“He had my arm twisted behind my back. I said it was hurting and he said, ‘I’ll break your arm,’” Miller told FOX 4.

Although Miller repeatedly asked Sgt. Hedrick to remove his knee because Miller believed that he was having a stroke, the off-duty cop ignored his pleas and accused him of being drunk without even bothering to smell his breath. A Marshall police officer later arrived at the scene and found Hedrick restraining the compliant elderly man on the ground. After placing the 70-year-old in handcuffs, the officer gave Miller a sobriety test and verified he was sober.

On Monday, Miller’s doctor confirmed that he had suffered a mini-stroke when he lost control of his truck. Due to a pre-existing blocked artery in his neck, Miller suspected that he had been showing signs of a stroke but was unable to pull over in time.

According to a police report, Hedrick’s wife had been standing near the area where Miller’s vehicle hit the house. Instead of rationally assessing the situation, Hedrick lost his temper and immediately began treating the stroke victim like a reckless criminal. An officer at the scene reported that there was a crack in the house and minor damage to the front left bumper of Miller’s vehicle.

“I told him [Hedrick] I’m having medical problems, and he said he didn’t care,” Miller recalled. “They’ve got a job to do. They go through a lot, and they don’t get paid enough for what they do. But this guy stepped over the line.”

(Beat down for having a stroke, humiliated and placed in life threatening danger...and he's STILL copsucking. SMMFH. I've said it before, I'll say it again, this current crop of AmeriCunts will apologize for stepping on the guard's toes as they are getting shoved into the "showers" - AF)

This week, a spokeswoman for the Columbia Police Department announced that the department has decided not to investigate Hedrick for use of excessive force.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I don't get old people.
    They $#@! everything up for young people, they reach an age when they should have 20/20 hindsight about the whole thing, and when the topic comes up, they either double down on their support of their $#@!ups, or they claim they're too old to go light fires anymore.
    If you're young and your 12 years of state brainwashing is still intact and you're too stupid to be able to see the world for what it really is, I think you've got somewhat of an excuse for copsucking.
    But this guy?
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

The officer was "decorated". Each decoration must be the equivalent of a free-pass.

A spokesperson for the Columbia Police Department confirmed that Scott Hedrick is "a decorated, veteran patrol sergeant with the Columbia Police Department," but wouldn’t comment any further.
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

AF if you keep posting these threads you might get people hating the cops...be careful

pffft

they didn't break his hip or leaving lying in his own $#@!

what's the big deal?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I guy veers off the road and hits something, shouldn't your first reaction be to ask if they are ok?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I guy veers off the road and hits something, shouldn't your first reaction be to ask if they are ok?
    You're clearly not competent to be involved in law enforcement.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

AF even dogs are joining in your rebellion against the police

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We humans in general still haven't learned from history.
    “At the end of the century, Korb told his readers that if Muscovite slaves “be manumitted by their dying masters, so accustomed are they to slavery, that they make themselves over as slaves to other masters, or bind themselves as slaves for a sum of money.” For Korb, as for Heberstein and Olearius, the fact of self-sale indicated that “the nation itself has such a dislike of liberty.”

https://books.google.com/books?id=bv...atings&f=false
    A people Born Into Slavery: Russia In Early Modern European Ethnography, 1476-1748 pg 167.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

He hit the cop's house. That aggression will not stand.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post

Dog's lucky he didn't get shot.

Dogs know bad when they see it.

Did he, or did he not, veer off the road and crash into another person's house?

How was the Officer supposed to know the man was having a stroke? Just because the 70 year old man said "help, I'm having a stroke!" ??

$#@!, if Officers were tricked that easy, next thing you know, people would get away with speeding while claiming "my wife is in labor". Ya, ok. Suuuuuuree she is buddy.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post

How was the Officer supposed to know the man was having a stroke? Just because the 70 year old man said "help, I'm having a stroke!" ??

$#@!, if Officers were tricked that easy, next thing you know, people would get away with speeding while claiming "my wife is in labor". Ya, ok. Suuuuuuree she is buddy.
    ^^ Great American ™ ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This week, a spokeswoman for the Columbia Police Department announced that the department has decided not to investigate Hedrick for use of excessive force.
    Yes, beating an old dude having a mini-stroke doesn't seem excessive at all. Good work, put some more decorations on that blue Christmas tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post

Hence the need for roadside gynecological exams.....

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Hence the need for roadside gynecological exams.....
    Cops won't believe you, I have tried that.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I really doubt that the beating helped him any.

Need to take away his driving privileges. He is a danger to himself and others every time he gets behind the wheel!

“I told him [Hedrick] I’m having medical problems, and he said he didn’t care,” Miller recalled. “They’ve got a job to do. They go through a lot, and they don’t get paid enough for what they do. But this guy stepped over the line.”
    Oh, this is what the victim actually said? I thought this was another one of bxm's posts.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Need to take away his driving privileges. He is a danger to himself and others every time he gets behind the wheel!
    Thank goodness somebody here is finally attacking the problem.

Looking at the prevalence of thrombotic diseases, about 1 in 1000 for someone over 40 and increases to 7 in 1000 for those over 70. Anyone of these individuals could throw a clot while driving and end up with a stroke, heart attack, or pulmonary embolism. Scary! Will someone PLEASE link the government electronic health records to the state DMVs and strip all these people of their DLs? Thousands of children COULD be saved every year. There are 5.5 million auto accidents every year so removing 1 in 1000 drivers will PREVENT 5.5k accidents each year. It will also mean that 150 MILLION gallons of gasoline will not be consumed and belch all that nasty carbon dioxide into Gaia's face. If these people refuse to give up their DLs, then send in the LEOs to take them. Think of all that LEO overtime that will stimulate economic growth!

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

just lower the national speed limit to 25...

problem solved.

This isn't an officer involved beating. The officer was off duty. This is a case of one man beating the crap out of someone and getting off free because of his job.

Goons gonna goon the elderly... (and the sick)
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    AF if you keep posting these threads you might get people hating the cops...be careful
    I doubt it, the same people will always worship you and your brethren.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

There is little innovation in government. Government is slow to adapt.

People want justice, therefore police.

If police, then checks and balances.

Therefore cameras, and public review, and report cards, accountability.

And great doctors, paramedics to do ridealongs.

A private security company beholden to an intelligent and thoughtful community would need such innovation and accountability, if the community were prosperous enough to have the free time to research purchase decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by GovBotDotNet View Post
    There is little innovation in government. Government is slow to adapt.

People want justice, therefore police.

If police, then checks and balances.

Therefore cameras, and public review, and report cards, accountability.

And great doctors, paramedics to do ridealongs.

A private security company beholden to an intelligent and thoughtful community would need such innovation and accountability, if the community were prosperous enough to have the free time to research purchase decisions.
    Fire11?

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Yeah, I don't get old people.
    They $#@! everything up for young people, they reach an age when they should have 20/20 hindsight about the whole thing, and when the topic comes up, they either double down on their support of their $#@!ups, or they claim they're too old to go light fires anymore.
    If you're young and your 12 years of state brainwashing is still intact and you're too stupid to be able to see the world for what it really is, I think you've got somewhat of an excuse for copsucking.
    But this guy?
    Cut him some slack. He's spent his entire life convinced that the police are heroes, paragons of virtue. The only corrupt police forces are those overseas or in the past.

The notion that a police officer would attack someone experiencing a medical emergency would rankle him. He has to reconcile his experience with what he has known all his life. So he grasps at the explanation that seems safest to him. Police good, that cop bad.

On the flip side, he could be afraid of retaliation if he dares speak against the police. It's likely never occurred to him that a younger man would ever dare attack an older man (unless the younger man was a street thug.)