Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police surveillance camera pointed directly at my house (split thread)

Police surveillance camera pointed directly at my house (split thread)

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    What are we supposed to see here?
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    For you, it's a picture of a white car parking lot getting taken over by darker cars.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Ok I'll bite.... what the hell am I looking at?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    For you, it's a picture of a white car parking lot getting taken over by darker cars.
    That does it! It's official. Fisharmor has won the internets today!

+rep
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

The flashing police strobe lights on a 24/7 police surveillance tower.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Ok I'll bite.... what the hell am I looking at?
    You are looking at 1984 from my porch. They put up a surveillance tower with three cameras facing opposite directions. It has a blue and red strobe light on top.

ahhhh the old pole cam trick... probably HSI doing a narcotics sting.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    ahhhh the old pole cam trick... probably HSI doing a narcotics sting.
    The $#@! is pointed directly at my door. $#@!ing worthless, money wasting $#@!s. Come home to a goddamn unending police strobe light.

You are looking at 1984 from my porch. They put up a surveillance tower with three cameras facing opposite directions. It has a blue and red strobe light on top.
    So it sits up there flashing red and blue keeping everybody under surveillance?

This is called Freedom citizen.

Why do you hate America?

The $#@! is pointed directly at my door. $#@!ing worthless, money wasting $#@!s. Come home to a goddamn unending police strobe light.
    file a complaint yet?...sometimes a letter works.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    LOL. So I was right after all.

My first impression after seeing the bobbed wire was that the light was a police light but figured the location was odd and likely the camera over exposed the white street light as red.

Did the police put it in or did the owner of the lot put it in as a deterrent?
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Yeah, that ought do it....
    What you got to hide there citizen?

LOL. So I was right after all.

My first impression after seeing the bobbed wire was that the light was a police light but figured the location was odd and likely the camera over exposed the white street light as red.

Did the police put it in or did the owner of the lot put it in as a deterrent?
    barbed wire. there are no bobs on that wire, at least not that we know about.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    i think he's from bawstun..

Can you file a complaint without talking to the police?

i think he's from bawstun..
    Isn't that the place where crows learned how to say car?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So it sits up there flashing red and blue keeping everybody under surveillance?

This is called Freedom citizen.

Why do you hate America?
    I'm feeling safer and freer already and I'm ~1/4 continent or so away from kcchiefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 10-01-2015 at 07:22 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    I remember typing that in my accent and saying to myself I have to go back and edit that, oh well.
    Last edited by kahless; 10-03-2015 at 08:42 AM.

No bull$#@!, the surveillance apparatus has an American flag decal on the base. Going to have to get a picture of that one.

And no, I'm going to move. As to whether it was the police or management whose idea it was-- I'd imagine a little bit of both. While it is a rougher neighborhood, I have left my keys in my car and it sat safe all night. My wallet also fell out of my pocket once and was sitting on my front seat with money visible and it was not touched. Not to mention I walk around everywhere and have only had one issue, of sorts. And even then, while most probably would have called the police, it was just a simple misunderstanding that I'll probably forget all about within a couple of months.

ETA: I've heard it's motion activated. They said they tested it. I'm going to have to test it tomorrow but uh, how pleasant.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 10-02-2015 at 02:39 AM.

Looks like a .22 LR would fix that $#@!.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fence, camera...it looks like someone's built a FEMA camp around your place. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

The $#@! is pointed directly at my door.
    Have you done anything to warrant their attention? Has anybody reported you for something you may have said, on perhaps, an internet forum?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Fence, camera...it looks like someone's built a FEMA camp around your place. O_o
    okay laughed a bit too much at this response, but totally true. THAT would be the last straw inspiration to motivate a location change. So far no strobe light monitoring here, but we occasionally have dust ups where we get 24/7 physical presence and yet our area is no worse crime wise than many of the higher priced neighborhoods in the area. Low income and the war on drugs inspires them to flex there muscles from time to time. Sorry about the recent turn of events and GL on your move kc.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

To put things in perspective I think I found a daylight picture of the entrance gate to kcchiefs6465 place.

can't you just shoot it and put it out of it's misery?

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    can't you just shoot it and put it out of it's misery?
    discharging a firearm in a residential neighborhood? yeah that seems like a great idea. you should go give Dead-eye Dick a read.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast