Thread: Vaccinations and Christianity

Eagles' Wings

Vaccinations and Christianity

I received a Christian publication today that has an article in it from a Christian medical doctor, giving his perspective on vaccines.

It was the typical CDC propaganda.

What has me fuming is the strong arm fear tactics used, in the name of God and Holy Scripture.

It was suggested that not vaxxing could cause the death of one's neighbor, and the sixth commandment was invoked.

I'd like your thoughts.
    Last edited by Eagles' Wings; 10-01-2015 at 11:02 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Instant 1-word rebuttal: Gardasil.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Instant 1-word rebuttal: Gardasil.
    Without evidence, that's not really much of a rebuttal. The HPV virus is contagious, it does cause cervical cancer, and women do die from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    I received a Christian publication today that has an article in it from a Christian medical doctor, giving his perspective on vaccines.

It was the typical CDC propaganda.

What has me fuming is the strong arm fear tactics used, in the name of God and Holy Scripture.

It was suggested that not vaxxing could cause the death of one's neighbor, and the sixth commandment was invoked.

I'd like your thoughts. I will be responding with a letter to the editor.
    Wouldn't the flipside of that be that vaccinations cause disease and death too?

I don't get the anti-vax movement. It seems like a lot of people are against them simply because the government wants people to have them. I'm glad to have gotten all the vaccinations I was supposed to.
    Stop believing stupid things

I don't think the Bible requres anyone to inject diseases into their children.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

It seems like a lot of people are against them simply because the government wants people to have them.
    For people who believe the government is looking out for them vaccines are not a problem but, for the ones who don't think the government is look out for them it is.

As for me I just don't like having seizures and all manner of neurological problems plus feeling like crap for months sometimes years afterwards.Is it really necessary that I have to suffer like this for the greater good?

If you are looking for some ideas before you write your response try googling Christian anti vaccine and look for some responses that you feel address the subject matter being promoted in the literature you are refuting. GL!

Luke 12:When they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not worry about how or what you are to speak in your defense, or what you are to say; 12for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say."
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    For people who believe the government is looking out for them vaccines are not a problem but, for the ones who don't think the government is look out for them it is.

As for me I just don't like having seizures and all manner of neurological problems plus feeling like crap for months sometimes years afterwards.Is it really necessary that I have to suffer like this for the greater good?
    Did that happen to you? That isn't how vaccines work for most people.

There are groups in Appalachia (Pentecostals, Church of God of Prophecy ?) who stay away from medical care in general, especially in emergency situations.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Without evidence, that's not really much of a rebuttal. The HPV virus is contagious, it does cause cervical cancer, and women do die from it.
    I am not disputing the existence of HPV.

The context of the discussion is Christian attitudes toward vaccines.

Since you apparently need this spelled out, Christianity does not smile on promiscuity. And one does not get HPV without sexual contact.

Gardasil solves a problem which is caused by straying from the Christian path, so it makes zero sense for Christians to support it.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    I don't get the anti-vax movement. It seems like a lot of people are against them simply because the government wants people to have them. I'm glad to have gotten all the vaccinations I was supposed to.
    Good for you. The reason people are suspicious isn't just because the government wants people to have them, but because they are making a concentrated effort to sway public opinion in that direction through publicly funded propaganda, spending millions trying to persuade people to get their vaccinations and telling people they're safe and effective. That seems to suggest they have a vested interest in people getting them, unless you can think of a less sinister reason they would push it so hard.

Not only that, but we all know that vaccination manufacturers receive public funds and that doctors are mandated to push them, not to mention the push for legislation that would limit your freedom to refuse, if not completely take it away. With this orchestrated push to legislate away your freedom of choice, is it really any wonder people are suspicious of vaccines in general? I think you would be a fool not to be suspicious after what we are seeing.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Did that happen to you? That isn't how vaccines work for most people.
    Yes that is what happens to me. What about the people that this does happen to are they supposed to just suffer because you do not have this reaction? Do I not have a right to be healthy because you believe the government has your best interest in neither heart or mind. You do know that the government does not have either a heart or mind right?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Good for you. The reason people are suspicious isn't just because the government wants people to have them, but because they are making a concentrated effort to sway public opinion in that direction through publicly funded propaganda, spending millions trying to persuade people to get their vaccinations and telling people they're safe and effective. That seems to suggest they have a vested interest in people getting them, unless you can think of a less sinister reason they would push it so hard.
    The vestigial state programming in my mind said "Well why would there be a sinister reason, other than concern for people's well being?"
    And then the rational part of my mind said "Well if they cared so much about people they might pretend like they someday might stop strangling them to death on the sidewalk in broad daylight".

Eagles' Wings

Thanks for the input.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Yes that is what happens to me. What about the people that this does happen to are they supposed to just suffer because you do not have this reaction? Do I not have a right to be healthy because you believe the government has your best interest in neither heart or mind. You do know that the government does not have either a heart or mind right?
    I don't like the government and I don't trust it. I generally trust doctors, however. I think you have the right to not be vaccinated if that's what you chose. I think the last time I was vaccinated was during the Swine Flu outbreak but If my doctor tells me to get one in the future I will. I personally will also have my children vaccinated if I have any in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post

Not only that, but we all know that vaccination manufacturers receive public funds and that doctors are mandated to push them, not to mention the push for legislation that would limit your freedom to refuse, if not completely take it away. With this orchestrated push to legislate away your freedom of choice, is it really any wonder people are suspicious of vaccines in general? I think you would be a fool not to be suspicious after what we are seeing.
    I understand your concern even though I don't share it. Vaccines have helped to eradicate many deadly diseases and I really don't want these diseases to reemerge. I trust my doctors, and they do not believe in the vaccine conspiracies. Pretty much everyone I know who went to med school are pro-vaccine.

And just because the government is mandating it, does not mean that there is something sinister behind it. For instance, I learned Spanish in a government school, and knowing Spanish has helped me in the past and almost certainly will in the future. Sure, education shouldn't be funded by the government, but that doesn't mean that every single thing I was taught in public school was wrong or useless. I think that even if the government was not involved in healthcare, most people would still get vaccinated because most doctors would still recommend vaccines.

Christians believe (or should) in non-violence. Show me how you can "mandate" vaccinations without violence. Of course if you believe that Christians should simply vaccinate because of their "love for fellow man" you need to show more evidence that not vaccinating will kill others. Of course if vaccinations are so great, then as long as your "neighbor" vaccinates his kids then if yours get sick they CANNOT infect the neighbor's kids, RIGHT??
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Christians believe (or should) in non-violence. Show me how you can "mandate" vaccinations without violence. Of course if you believe that Christians should simply vaccinate because of their "love for fellow man" you need to show more evidence that not vaccinating will kill others. Of course if vaccinations are so great, then as long as your "neighbor" vaccinates his kids then if yours get sick they CANNOT infect the neighbor's kids, RIGHT??
    I don't think that anyone here was arguing that they should be mandatory, just that people should chose to get them.

I understand your concern even though I don't share it. Vaccines have helped to eradicate many deadly diseases and I really don't want these diseases to reemerge. I trust my doctors, and they do not believe in the vaccine conspiracies. Pretty much everyone I know who went to med school are pro-vaccine.
    It's no wonder considering all the propaganda they had to be inundated with to get through med school. Let me ask you this: do you really believe the government is spending all that money because they truly care about you and me? If not, then what would you say the reason is for all this propaganda? I hate to tell you, but your doctor is a vestige of the state. He may have the best of intentions, but he's powerless when it really comes down to it. He's controlled by the FDA and told which medicines he can and should prescribe and mandated to push vaccines whenever he can.

And just because the government is mandating it, does not mean that there is something sinister behind it. For instance, I learned Spanish in a government school, and knowing Spanish has helped me in the past and almost certainly will in the future. Sure, education shouldn't be funded by the government, but that doesn't mean that every single thing I was taught in public school was wrong or useless. I think that even if the government was not involved in healthcare, most people would still get vaccinated because most doctors would still recommend vaccines.
    Sure, the government doesn't have a motive for you to learn incorrect Spanish, so your education in that department was probably adequate (although way below private school quality standards). The problem is that we can see a motive in the medical industry, so it would be foolish to assume that the government isn't pushing an agenda when an obvious motive already exists. You can believe what you want about how much people would care about vaccines without such a controlled market, but the fact that there is a controlled market seems to suggest otherwise and justifies our mistrust of the government, making your position of trust, rather than ours, the unfounded one.
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 10-03-2015 at 09:04 PM.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Catholic Church on the issue: http://ncronline.org/news/faith-pari...vaccine-debate

Catholics urged to remember 'common good' in vaccine debate

WASHINGTON A nationwide measles outbreak that began at an amusement park in Southern California has fostered an ongoing debate about people's social obligation to have themselves and their children vaccinated against measles, mumps and rubella and other diseases.
    According to the latest figure from the Centers for Disease Control, the current outbreak has resulted in 121 cases in 17 states and the District of Columbia and raised anew concerns about parents who won't immunize their children for a variety of reasons.

Over the years, the Catholic church has raised moral concerns about vaccines manufactured with human cell lines derived from voluntarily aborted fetuses.

It has urged Catholics to push for the development of morally acceptable vaccines, but in the absence of such alternatives, has said Catholics must not reject immunizations and "sacrifice the common good of public health" or their children's well-being.
    More at link.

I don't think that anyone here was arguing that they should be mandatory, just that people should chose to get them.
    Oh... Define "should" for me then...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Eagles' Wings

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Catholic Church on the issue: http://ncronline.org/news/faith-pari...vaccine-debate

More at link.
    Thanks for the link. I read it, and the comments.