Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul raises $2.5 million in second quarter

Quote Originally Posted by Lightweis View Post
    State senators in Virginia raise more cash than that. Really horrible numbers.
    Then doesn't that just mean that you need to step up and donate more money?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    Rand raised more money than Ron in a comparable period last election and people are seriously criticizing him?
    After inflation and devaluation of the dollar, it's probably less than Ron raised. In 2011 I could get a meal at McDonalds for $4, now I'm lucky to skate out of there without spending at least $12. In 2011 I charged my clients $3000 for my top package, now I charge $5200. In 2011 home prices in my neighborhood were in the 130's, now they are in the 190's. In 2011 I could fill up my grocery cart for $150, now to fill it I spend $300.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyInNY View Post
    After inflation and devaluation of the dollar, it's probably less than Ron raised. In 2011 I could get a meal at McDonalds for $4, now I'm lucky to skate out of there without spending at least $12. In 2011 I charged my clients $3000 for my top package, now I charge $5200. In 2011 home prices in my neighborhood were in the 130's, now they are in the 190's. In 2011 I could fill up my grocery cart for $150, now to fill it I spend $300.
    #ThanksObama

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I clicked on this thread because I saw your name as the last poster. I didn't know what you posted but figured I'd come in an neg rep it anyway.
    In so doing you have gained positive rep from me

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    For me the key quote of the article was:
    that was slightly more than his father, former Texas Congressman Ron Paul, raised in the comparable period of his 2012 bid.
    There is still plenty of potential for major changes between now and Iowa.
    That was referring to Rand's first quarter April-June, which was slightly higher than Ron's. It goes on to say that Ron raised $8mil in his second quarter which is the one that is comparable to Rand's $2.5m. So Ron actually raised slightly more money in his second quarter than his first quarter, but Rand's second quarter went down by 65% compared to his first.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    That was referring to Rand's first quarter April-June, which was slightly higher than Ron's. It goes on to say that Ron raised $8mil in his second quarter which is the one that is comparable to Rand's $2.5m. So Ron actually raised slightly more money in his second quarter than his first quarter, but Rand's second quarter went down by 65% compared to his first.
    I know. I noticed that later and corrected myself in post 20.

Don't they have like two weeks to report the numbers? Why in the world did the campaign decide to release this information now???? Polls in the next 3 weeks are absolutely critical. Why would you hurt your chances by giving more fuel to the media to claim that your campaign is done, when you don't have to? Can someone explain this? The polls in the next 3 weeks could decide Rand's fate and they decide to release this information now?

Quote Originally Posted by logikal View Post
    Don't they have like two weeks to report the numbers? Why in the world did the campaign decide to release this information now???? Polls in the next 3 weeks are absolutely critical. Why would you hurt your chances by giving more fuel to the media to claim that your campaign is done, when you don't have to? Can someone explain this? The polls in the next 3 weeks could decide Rand's fate and they decide to release this information now?
    Better for the campaign to spin it now than 2 weeks of press saying they are holding out because fundraising is weak. Comparatively, it's not really that bad, the push over the last couple weeks is legit, and improved poll numbers should follow.

I know. I noticed that later and corrected myself in post 20.
    I am batting .000 today lol

Quote Originally Posted by logikal View Post
    It could be that he would rather release the less-than-exciting numbers as far away from the debate as possible? Idk
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

This report claims the Carson campaign is burning through that money, and have around $12M cash on hand:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ben-cars...ng-juggernaut/

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/1...aign-founders/

Chip Englander, a spokesman for Mr. Paul, said the campaign isn’t rattled by its relatively low haul. “There are no bedwetters here,” he said. “We spend less in a month than Governor [Scott] Walker spent in a week. We’ve won the biggest straw polls in America like at the Republican Leadership Conference and at the Conservative Political Action Conference because ideas trump money.” Mr. Walker dropped out of the race last month due to fundraising struggles.

Mr. Englander added that the campaign got “massive response” earlier this week when Mr. Paul spoke on the Senate floor about how to eliminate the nation’s debt.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Will Matt Collins come in and grace us with more of his cliche lines now? Rand Paul is playing chess not checkers? He should have never went semi-hawkish in order to court a crowd that would have never supported him anyways. All he did was alienate his dad's supporters. Quite a chess move eh Matt Collins? Who needs those loud, enthusiastic, annoying libertarians anyways right?

For me the key quote of the article was:

that was slightly more than his father, former Texas Congressman Ron Paul, raised in the comparable period of his 2012 bid..
    There is still plenty of potential for major changes between now and Iowa.
    And we all know what happened next, a $5 million day for Ron on Nov 5th. We need to do the same, except change the Guy Fawkes theme to Black This Out 2 or something else that doesn't have a negative connotation like the original theme did. Time is slipping away. Yet again in a couple days we will only have less than one month to spend on promotion.
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 10-01-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    And we all know what happened next, a $5 million day for Ron on Nov 5th. We need to do the same, except change the Guy Fawkes theme to Black This Out 2 or something else that doesn't have a negative connotation like the original theme did. Time is slipping away. Yet again in a couple days we will only have less than one month to spend on promotion.
    The negative connotation brought in millions in one day. This whole "being PC" crap is working really well right now. Let's not call it a money bomb either since bombs are bad. How about money pillow fight?

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    The negative connotation brought in millions in one day. This whole "being PC" crap is working really well right now. Let's not call it a money bomb either since bombs are bad. How about money pillow fight?
    So did the Black this Out theme, which was basically an attack against the media.

I'm mainly speaking about the negative media Nov 5th generated. It raised a lot of money though at the time, however these days lots of different causes use the Guy Fawkes mask for different things. I don't think using it again would have the same impact as before, but who knows.
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 10-01-2015 at 10:39 PM.

Nov. 5th is on a Thursday.

It can be a Throwback Thursday and we should get Ron Paul to do a video promoting it to get the base excited again.

Nov. 5th is the day that will generate to most enthusiasm. We should can any idea of an Oct. moneybomb and start working on the 5th of November now.
    the rEVOLution begins!

A big money bomb right before the debate field is announced in October would be great, but time is short.
    We will know the field by 10/22, since 10/21 is the last poll day that counts.
    Rand Paul is in the top 1% of US Senators.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulite View Post
    this is third quarter. bad numbers. lets face it . this is bad. im still supporting him til the end and beyond
    Bull. These are second quarter (April-June) numbers, not third quarter (July-September) ones.

Also, as has been pointed out, it's better than Ron Paul did in the second quarter of 2011, and that campaign was funded just fine.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Bull. These are second quarter (April-June) numbers, not third quarter (July-September) ones.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...ses-7-million/

In this article, it said, "Sen. Rand Paul's presidential campaign has raised $7 million since its launch in April." The article dated as July 10. So the 7 millions was from April to June.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...econd-quarter/

In this article, it said, "One of the first candidates to officially declare for the White House, Paul had raised close to $7 million from April through June."
    This made the 2.5 millions from July to September. There is a chart on the article, under the "latest quarter" and the article is dated, Oct 1st which made the latest quarter is the current one.

In that column, only Carson (20 mil) and Paul (2.5 mil) are listed.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...ry.html#page=1

This article in July 17th said, "The campaign reported $7 million for the quarter ended June 30, compared with about $14 million for Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), $12 million for Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and $11 million for former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush. A "super PAC" backing Paul had hoped that his marathon Patriot Act speech would produce a high-value Silicon Valley donor, but one has failed to materialize."

Once again confirmed that the 7 million is for the quarter from April to June.

So what source provided that the 7 millions was raised earlier than April? Or from January to March.

If one is hover above the # of Rand on the Washingtonpost chart. It said, the total is 16.3 [= 9.4 + 6.9] millions raised. Of which, 6.9 millions are from superPAC and other organizations. 9.4 millions of the 16.3 millions is from Rand Paul campaign. This 9.4 millions can be further break down to the 7 million + 2.5 million. The discrepancies are probably due to rounding.

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/...tial-campaign/

It is due to rounding, "In a report filed Wednesday night with the Federal Election Commission, the Paul campaign reported raising $6.9 million between April — when Paul announced his candidacy — and June 30." So that was round up to 7 mil.
    Last edited by movingstone; 10-02-2015 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by garyallen59 View Post
    Nov. 5th is on a Thursday.

It can be a Throwback Thursday and we should get Ron Paul to do a video promoting it to get the base excited again.

Nov. 5th is the day that will generate to most enthusiasm. We should can any idea of an Oct. moneybomb and start working on the 5th of November now.
    Nov 5th isn't a good moneybomb theme, as we discussed in 2011.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 10-02-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Honestly, I don't want to be a spoil sport, but I am skeptical that a money bomb has potential to be an important fund raising gimmick any more. The only way would be if it broke records, which I don't think we're in a position to do. What matters now is just maximizing donations. And if someone has money to donate, the campaign needs it right as soon as it can be given. The more money they get, and the sooner they get it, the more ability they have to use it in ways that will payoff in drawing more support and more donations in the future, including whenever any planned money bombs may happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Nov 5th isn't a good moneybomb theme, as we discussed in 2011.
    It is a good idea in 2015. Remember Remember will call back to the first moneybomb for Ron Paul. It may draw in some stagnant supporters and if we can get Ron to make a statement or video, it could really take off.
    the rEVOLution begins!

The Dave Weigel article from today referenced a Doherty article that says CAV PAC raised $3M. Not sure if it is for this previous quarter, but I think it is. Also, don't count on much from Benton PAC.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...ign-isnt-over/

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Will Matt Collins come in and grace us with more of his cliche lines now? Rand Paul is playing chess not checkers? He should have never went semi-hawkish in order to court a crowd that would have never supported him anyways. All he did was alienate his dad's supporters. Quite a chess move eh Matt Collins? Who needs those loud, enthusiastic, annoying libertarians anyways right?
    QFT...

I think the part that gets me the most is that The Collins came in here 2 years ago and said we wouldn't matter this time around because Rand would get more money than Ron and more mainstream support. Obviously this opinion had trickled down from the top and he was sure to repeat it - funny how wrong they all were.

This strategy Rand went with literally exploded in his face and all he really had to was stick to his dad's message completely - he'd have been much better off in the long run even if he didn't win in 2016. Playing politics made him seem like a politician and a great many of Ron's supporters were never able to see the game he was playing when he endorsed Romney while his dad was still "running." All these November the 5th ideas and generally rebellious themes that dominated Ron Paul's campaign/message in 2008 and 2012 will never work here because the people who responded to those messages in 08 and 12 stopping listening to Rand Paul years ago. It also didn't help that the handlers tried their best to distance themselves from Ron and his "kooky" supporters because after all they all believed what they told The Collins... "we wouldn't matter."

This is what they get now, all of them, a huge learning lesson - the true irony of it is Ron predicted as much when he said over and over in 2012 that politics did not matter and that without changing the morality of the people we wouldn't be able to accomplish anything. Rand's campaign is case in point on that front. He should have continued to try and change the morality of the people by running another educational campaign where he truly stood for what he knew was right and what history would shortly prove him right on (like it did Ron when everything fell apart in September of 2008).

I still hold on hope Rand will stagnate along and use his grassroots support to stay alive as everyone else flames out and will eventually pull off a Santorum surge but I don't see any way it will happen because the mainstream GOP voter is not with us and will not be anytime soon (again, to Ron's point about morality...)

Hopefully the entire experience humbles Rand, and the people who surrounded him, and they realize the best course of action going forward is to take off his $#@!ing filter and actually let him say what he believes. $#@! the mainstream GOP - they are never going to listen to what he has to say or what any of us have to say! Just work on getting independents, democrats, and libertarians registered into the GOP so the current mainstream morons get out numbered by the outsiders - make it about reforming the GOP and pushing out the status quo. Listening to the Jesse Bentons of the world, and trying to play to these retards by acting like them, is what got Rand here and he needs to realize that and accept it and change his way going forward...

Romney won the nomination in 2012 with only a few million votes in the primaries. Had Rand stuck to Ron's foreign policy and really pushed the idea of bringing all the troops home again he would be getting a lot of the support that we've seen flutter off to Bernie Sanders, Ted Cruz, Ben Carson, and Donald Trump.

What's worse, especially to anyone who follows Martin Armstrong's work, is that Rand tried playing politics during a political wave that was favoring the rebel candidates. He could not have played the politics card at a more worse time - when America was searching for it's rebel he was trying to play politics. After he likely drops out I hope he realizes what a mistake it was to try and do what he did. Going forward I would tell him to take the filter off and push forward with the same ideas his father had. That was all he ever needed to do to make a real impact. Would it have worked in winning? Unlikely, but at least his campaign would have had another impact instead of being the lifeless shell it has become.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post
    QFT...

I think the part that gets me the most is that The Collins came in here 2 years ago and said we wouldn't matter this time around because Rand would get more money than Ron and more mainstream support. Obviously this opinion had trickled down from the top and he was sure to repeat it - funny how wrong they all were.

This strategy Rand went with literally exploded in his face and all he really had to was stick to his dad's message completely - he'd have been much better off in the long run even if he didn't win in 2016. Playing politics made him seem like a politician and a great many of Ron's supporters were never able to see the game he was playing when he endorsed Romney while his dad was still "running." All these November the 5th ideas and generally rebellious themes that dominated Ron Paul's campaign/message in 2008 and 2012 will never work here because the people who responded to those messages in 08 and 12 stopping listening to Rand Paul years ago. It also didn't help that the handlers tried their best to distance themselves from Ron and his "kooky" supporters because after all they all believed what they told The Collins... "we wouldn't matter."

This is what they get now, all of them, a huge learning lesson - the true irony of it is Ron predicted as much when he said over and over in 2012 that politics did not matter and that without changing the morality of the people we wouldn't be able to accomplish anything. Rand's campaign is case in point on that front. He should have continued to try and change the morality of the people by running another educational campaign where he truly stood for what he knew was right and what history would shortly prove him right on (like it did Ron when everything fell apart in September of 2008).

I still hold on hope Rand will stagnate along and use his grassroots support to stay alive as everyone else flames out and will eventually pull off a Santorum surge but I don't see any way it will happen because the mainstream GOP voter is not with us and will not be anytime soon (again, to Ron's point about morality...)

Hopefully the entire experience humbles Rand, and the people who surrounded him, and they realize the best course of action going forward is to take off his $#@!ing filter and actually let him say what he believes. $#@! the mainstream GOP - they are never going to listen to what he has to say or what any of us have to say! Just work on getting independents, democrats, and libertarians registered into the GOP so the current mainstream morons get out numbered by the outsiders - make it about reforming the GOP and pushing out the status quo. Listening to the Jesse Bentons of the world, and trying to play to these retards by acting like them, is what got Rand here and he needs to realize that and accept it and change his way going forward...

Romney won the nomination in 2012 with only a few million votes in the primaries. Had Rand stuck to Ron's foreign policy and really pushed the idea of bringing all the troops home again he would be getting a lot of the support that we've seen flutter off to Bernie Sanders, Ted Cruz, Ben Carson, and Donald Trump.

What's worse, especially to anyone who follows Martin Armstrong's work, is that Rand tried playing politics during a political wave that was favoring the rebel candidates. He could not have played the politics card at a more worse time - when America was searching for it's rebel he was trying to play politics. After he likely drops out I hope he realizes what a mistake it was to try and do what he did. Going forward I would tell him to take the filter off and push forward with the same ideas his father had. That was all he ever needed to do to make a real impact. Would it have worked in winning? Unlikely, but at least his campaign would have had another impact instead of being the lifeless shell it has become.
    These people you speak of are never going to support Rand anyway. They only hang around here painting false narratives out of a burning desire to say "I told you so"; the real Rand grassroots gave 0 $#@!s about them back then, and would give 0 $#@!s about them now if they didn't have to spend time defending Rand in his own forums.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I had to unsubscribe when I was getting the same emails over and over and over... it was not effective, it was annoying... So now I am in the dark... it could have been executed better.
    Same here. The Rand spam was out of control, I finally had to unsubscribe. Not sure how some of these other candidates got my email to spam me, like Cruz and Santorum.

Instant unsubscribe.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post
    QFT...

100% correct. The Collins is a buffoon let's face it. Tom Woods said as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    I've stopped donating.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulite View Post
    this is third quarter. bad numbers. lets face it . this is bad. im still supporting him til the end and beyond
    Looks very bleak. Rand's strategy of cozing up to the establishment has backfired. Rand looks more and more establishment every time he attacks Trump.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast