Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three Reasons Donald Trump will Drop Out before Iowa

Three Reasons Donald Trump will Drop Out before Iowa

I thought this was a good article.
    http://alibertarianfuture.com/2016-e...re-iowa/#.dpuf

I also liked a sound byte I saw someone apply to it when they posted it on Facebook: "If Trump is a good at business, he'll "sell high" (as he bought low) in his politics."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Today's poll numbers tell us very little about where things will end up after this front runner with the support of a quarter of all likely voters drops out.

"If Trump is a good at business, he'll "sell high" (as he bought low) in his politics."

Agree. This was all a publicity stunt anyway.

Trump is not dropping out before Iowa.

Edit: Wrong. Trump will win nomination. Thank you Jeb.
    Last edited by Kade; 01-28-2016 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kade View Post
    Trump is not dropping out before Iowa. He will drop out after, but no later than Nevada (January 2nd). I'm fairly certain this will be the case... he won't get past the Southwest.

Rand is out sometime next week, when he realizes that playing this game with Trump, who is actively trolling Rand to continue his run, might cost him his Senate seat. If Rand continues past this point, it is going to be difficult for the GOP to run an alternate in time for his seat... I'm less sure of this, but if he is not out before Iowa, you guys can rightfully call me out for it... (try not to get mad, I'm just reading TEA leaves here...)

Some of you might want to start getting behind Darryl Perry, he could use the help for the LP nomination.
    Why would he want to stay in and lose when he can drop out first and say he would have won?

You're definitely wrong about Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Why would he want to stay in and lose when he can drop out first and say he would have won?

You're definitely wrong about Rand.
    That does sound like him, but he will not drop out.

With Rand...Maybe, I hope I am wrong. Still, Rand is not his father -- that I have to remind any of you of this...

If I'm right or wrong, this is going to be quite the fun thread.

Some of you might want to start getting behind Darryl Perry, he could use the help for the LP nomination.
    I've got zero time for a guaranteed loser until I'm out of other options. The Libertarian Party is a joke in federal politics, and I'm not laughing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    I've got zero time for a guaranteed loser until I'm out of other options. The Libertarian Party is a joke in federal politics, and I'm not laughing anymore.
    Wow. Where were you when I was ranting and raving like a lunatic making this same point eight years ago?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow. Where were you when I was ranting and raving like a lunatic making this same point eight years ago?
    In Delaware, collecting signatures to get Ron Paul on the ballot over there. I ended up voting 3rd party in that election, as well as in 2012 for Gary Johnson, but this time around I'm feeling a bit more sour toward the Libertarian Party. Part of was due to the Cucinelli vs. Sarvis thing in Virginia, but I've generally not been terribly keen on the Libertarian Party's more left-leaning views on social issues.

"If Trump is a good at business, he'll "sell high" (as he bought low) in his politics."
    If he's the same politician as he is a business man, he'll go bankrupt at the polls and then call himself the greatest politician ever-- and people will believe him.
    Last edited by RJB; 09-30-2015 at 12:37 PM.

In Delaware, collecting signatures to get Ron Paul on the ballot over there. I ended up voting 3rd party in that election, as well as in 2012 for Gary Johnson, but this time around I'm feeling a bit more sour toward the Libertarian Party. Part of was due to the Cucinelli vs. Sarvis thing in Virginia, but I've generally not been terribly keen on the Libertarian Party's more left-leaning views on social issues.
    I supported Gary (but was too young to legally vote) in 2012 but this time I would not support the LP unless they had a pro-life candidate at the least. Also against gay marriage. That's not likely, sadly.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Trump is an old man. He's nearly 70. His kids are all grown up. I don't think he's running his campaign from a business perspective at all. I think this is just his way of shooting the $#@!. You know, run for president, get into arguments, call people names. It's a blast! Better than sitting in a rocking chair on the porch or going fishing all day.

I don't think he'll drop out, I think he loves it. He gets so much attention, he gets to talk to the media, he gets to make hair jokes in front of thousands of screaming fans. Naw he's just having fun.

I think there is a part of him that would like to actually win. I think if he does win he'll serve it out. Just for the fact that he gets his name in the history books. But drop out of the race? Naaaw come on now. It's so fun pushing Bush's buttons!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    I supported Gary (but was too young to legally vote) in 2012 but this time I would not support the LP unless they had a pro-life candidate at the least. Also against gay marriage. That's not likely, sadly.
    Where in the Bible does it say for people to get together, form a government and stop gay people from getting married?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Where in the Bible does it say for people to get together, form a government and stop gay people from getting married?
    Oh it's there somewhere for sure. You just have to find the page and interpret such to your dislikes.

Letting 2 same sex adults get married and do their "thing" does not affect any straight marriage or what goes on under their household one bit. The only thing gay marriage does is take away the "special rights" afforded to straight marriage couples. Meaning, no longer a monopoly on such laws.

As Ron says, don't confuse support with endorsement. Support people being able to be themselves and live their lives even if you don't agree with it. You don't have to endorse it or legislate against it.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

I agree completely with that article. Trump will not risk being embarrassed in Iowa.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Holy $#@! the Trumptards are alive and well in the comments section of the article from the OP.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why does anyone think Trump will drop out? He's been #1 in the polls since he entered the race, with no signs of dropping any time soon. He has a cult following from 30% of Americans, the stupid ones. He has infinite money to spend on his campaign, and nothing better to do with his time.

Sorry, but I think he's in it until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyInNY View Post
    Why does anyone think Trump will drop out? He's been #1 in the polls since he entered the race, with no signs of dropping any time soon. He has a cult following from 30% of Americans, the stupid ones. He has infinite money to spend on his campaign, and nothing better to do with his time.

Careful, too much reason and critical thought in this post... the knuckledraggers will pounce.

Front-runner Donald Trump stumbles after barrage of policy questions

Rochester, New Hampshire (CNN)Donald Trump stood sweating in a crowded gym, fielding questions from voters on agriculture fees, family court disputes and military base closures.

The Republican front-runner was no longer in his wheelhouse.

Trump is often at ease parrying questions about trade, tax inversions and the deals Carly Fiorina made as chief executive of Hewlett-Packard. But on a host of issues -- some as pronounced as the future of Social Security -- Trump has shown little interest in engaging, much less detailing, his policy positions.

On Thursday evening, one voter asked Trump about GOP presidential candidate John Kasich's recent remark that the military base realignment and closure process keeps workers "on their toes." The Ohio governor's comment has drawn scrutiny in a state that is home to some 130,000 veterans and the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.

"You're saying that's what's happening, right?" Trump said. "I heard that yesterday, actually. Not a good situation. Okay, one more question," Trump said.

When a man complained about fees from the Bureau of Land Management and the Department of Agriculture, Trump declared, "Things are going to change!" Then he quickly moved on.

At one point a mother stood up. "My question is a little closer to home," she said, explaining that she has spent years and thousands of dollars to keep her family safe. She asked Trump how he would fix the court system so other families wouldn't endure what she has gone through.

"Did you say safe? To keep them safe?" Trump asked. "What are you doing?"

"It's over now," the woman replied. "The family court system is broken."

Trump's reply: "The whole court system is broken by the way, not just family court."

Then he awkwardly pivoted to an attack on former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

"I do think that should be a local situation, though. I'll give you an example, Jeb Bush loves Common Core," he said. "I want to see local people teaching your kids."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/18/politi...ics-questions/

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/...Homosexuality/

One word: EGO.

It doesn't matter how much money you have or how many idiots show up at your events (I don't buy the 30% number as being hard support, it's probably closer to 22% right now), if you can't take the idea of losing, it will affect whether or not you spend your millions on something that may prove a bad investment.

One word: EGO.

It doesn't matter how much money you have or how many idiots show up at your events (I don't buy the 30% number as being hard support, it's probably closer to 22% right now), if you can't take the idea of losing, it will affect whether or not you spend your millions on something that may prove a bad investment.
    If Trump drops out....that will cost his heirs billions of dollars.

He eliminates the current 40% estate tax in his tax plan....if he drops out / does not become President / if President Trump fails to get Congress to approve his tax plan....the estate tax will hit his heirs hard when he passes away. 40% of his net worth of billions of dollars is a lot of money.

Also if he drops out he'll have to continue paying the 39.6% top tax rate while he's alive instead of the 25% he is proposing in his tax plan.

What are the options available to him: 1) Become president; 2) Win the Republican nomination and lose the general election; 3) Lose the Republican nomination; 4) Drop out before he has a chance to lose.

Number 1 isn't going to happen. Trump knows it isn't going to happen. And I don't think he even wants it to happen. Out of 2-4, 4 is the only one that lets him go out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    What are the options available to him: 1) Become president; 2) Win the Republican nomination and lose the general election; 3) Lose the Republican nomination; 4) Drop out before he has a chance to lose.

Number 1 isn't going to happen. Trump knows it isn't going to happen. And I don't think he even wants it to happen. Out of 2-4, 4 is the only one that lets him go out on top.
    Option #5....lose billions if he drops out

Please see my post #22 above and reply to it

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump will only drop out if his support really collapses. front runners do not drop out. Rand is under huge pressure both to pull out and to stay in. I think Ron wants him in. the events in Syria and Afghanistan could influence him greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Option #5....lose billions if he drops out

Please see my post #22 above and reply to it
    The only way to stop that is by becoming president and successfully eliminating the estate tax. That's option number 1. Unless he can pull that off, which I don't believe he can, he's left with the other 3 options.

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    If Trump drops out....that will cost his heirs billions of dollars.

He eliminates the current 40% estate tax in his tax plan....if he drops out / does not become President / if President Trump fails to get Congress to approve his tax plan....the estate tax will hit his heirs hard when he passes away. 40% of his net worth of billions of dollars is a lot of money.

Also if he drops out he'll have to continue paying the 39.6% top tax rate while he's alive instead of the 25% he is proposing in his tax plan.
    Trump doesn't pay 39.6% of his income, nobody in that bracket does unless they are so stupid that they don't have accountants showing them how to game all the exemptions and write-offs. There are ways around all of these taxes and it's stipulated that Trump knows all of them. It's completely counter-intuitive to suggest that Trump even wants to fix the tax code considering that his favorite president (Bill Clinton) put those rates into effect and a much worse president (Bush) was the one who got rid of the estate tax.

The only way Trump ends up losing "billions" is if Bernie Sanders gets elected, which is even more unlikely than Trump himself becoming president.

Hahaha. Nobody sane cares about the stupid hobo nobody candidates. Gov. Johnson did fine as an LP candidate and they also have the option of drafting Gov. Ventura this time.

Trump doesn't pay 39.6% of his income, nobody in that bracket does unless they are so stupid that they don't have accountants showing them how to game all the exemptions and write-offs. There are ways around all of these taxes and it's stipulated that Trump knows all of them. It's completely counter-intuitive to suggest that Trump even wants to fix the tax code considering that his favorite president (Bill Clinton) put those rates into effect and a much worse president (Bush) was the one who got rid of the estate tax.
    So are you suggesting that he'll be able to avoid the 40% estate tax too? Yes, sure it was stupid of him to support Clinton....it's stupid for any wealthy person to support the Democrats....but that doesn't mean he can't wise up.

The only way Trump ends up losing "billions" is if Bernie Sanders gets elected, which is even more unlikely than Trump himself becoming president.
    He'll lose billions too if Hillary gets elected....what's the difference between Hillary and Sanders?
    Last edited by qh4dotcom; 09-30-2015 at 10:54 PM.

That does sound like him, but he will not drop out.

With Rand...Maybe, I hope I am wrong. Still, Rand is not his father -- that I have to remind any of you of this...

If I'm right or wrong, this is going to be quite the fun thread.
    Who the $#@! cares if Rand is not his father? Are people just saying that because its the popular liberty lingo nowadays? If so, I didn't get the memo. Ron endorsed Rand already, why are we even having a discussion about how worthy Rand is anymore????

And no, Rand is not dropping out next week, you're insane and out of touch from reality if you think he's dropping out. They're not organizing a ground game just to drop out.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast