Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul: Ted Cruz ‘Pretty Much Done For’ in Senate

Rand Paul: Ted Cruz ‘Pretty Much Done For’ in Senate

http://www3.blogs.rollcall.com/wgdb/...for-in-senate/

Rand Paul: Ted Cruz ‘Pretty Much Done For’ in Senate
    By Niels Lesniewski
    rollcall.com
    Sept. 29, 2015

... “Ted has chosen to make this really personal and chosen to call people dishonest in leadership and call them names, which really goes against the decorum and also against the rules of the Senate, and as a consequence, he can’t get anything done legislatively,” Paul told Fox News Radio. “He is pretty much done for and stifled and it’s really because of personal relationships, or lack of personal relationships, and it is a problem.”
    It will be interesting to see how Cruz responds.

Evidently, Trump thinks Rand is done in the race for POTUS.

Last edited by David Sadler; 09-29-2015 at 08:33 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Marginally, the only damn good that Raphael has done has been in the Senate. Why does Rand want burn Raphie's bridge?

I'm not sure what to make out of this,

that is, besides a hat, brooch, or pterodactyl.

Not even Jesse Benton could screw up a campaign with this much potential this quickly...

Rand's primary goal since he ran for Senate (in my opinion) was to bring the greater GOP over to more liberty oriented view. Whether that is right or wrong or even sane, is up for question. I can see where Rand is coming from when he said that.

It's becoming abundantly clear that Cruz has been engaging in some truly underhanded backstabbing in order to try and siphon supporters from Rand, and to an extent it's been working. Frankly, if Rand wants to actually be president, he's going to need to call out Cruz on his B.S.

And to the OP, would you kindly refrain from putting up unnecessary quotes from that brash a$$hole who speaks first and thinks second? Take this Trump worship over to Breitbart and keep it there.

This is old news. Cruz has no credibility in the Senate. He has to go over to the U.S. House to find any politicians dumb enough to listen to him.

Trump can go screw himself. I can't wait to watch him not get elected President. He'll probably drop out right before he knows he's going to lose, just like how he said he 'quit' The Apprentice after NBC fired him.
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 09-29-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    Not even Jesse Benton could screw up a campaign with this much potential this quickly...
    What do you mean? I think Rand is showing that he's taking a leadership role. The role of being the leader of a truly conservative GOP. That takes bringing the ones along who are fighting against you and changing their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post

Evidently, Trump thinks Rand is done in the race for POTUS.

Considering Rand's attacks on Trump, he had it coming. Well at least Trump is welcoming potential voters supporting another candidate to his campaign rather than insulting them which is a failed strategy.
    Last edited by kahless; 09-30-2015 at 08:04 AM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand is trying to explain what it takes to be a principled leader that is actually trying to get something accomplished. It's by first having mutual respect for all parties, regardless of ideology, building coalitions, reasoning, looking for areas of common ground, compromising on the minors but standing firm on the majors, and using your majority to your advantage legislatively to forward your agenda. You have to be fair and ultimately try to bring people together in a non-coercive fashion by appealing to reason, and yes, using the rules to your advantage.

Apparently Ted isn't able to work this way, to the point that now even those who may even agree with him on principle, won't support his attempts at legislating. Not good for Ted, not good for a president.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Considering Rand's attacks on Trump, he had it coming. We at least Trump is welcoming potential voters supporting another candidate to his campaign rather than insulting them which is a failed strategy.
    What does Trump have to do with Rand's comments about Cruz? Come on, man, this is really not needed.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Considering Rand's attacks on Trump
    Oh no, he said meanie words about a rival in a political race!

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    What does Trump have to do with Rand's comments about Cruz? Come on, man, this is really not needed.
    It's always about Rand with them. They post threads in the 2016 forum because they know posting them in the Rand forum will get them moved away from the search bots. Trump humping is a good cover for the time being, but as you can see, they do not miss an opportunity to come in here antagonizing Rand supporters and attempting to discourage new supporters.

Note to Trump: If you want to get our support, don't be an $#@! to Ron and Rand.

Oh wait, too late.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Considering Rand's attacks on Trump, he had it coming. We at least Trump is welcoming potential voters supporting another candidate to his campaign rather than insulting them which is a failed strategy.
    What planet do you live on? Trump has insulted more candidates than all the other candidates combined.

Trump is in this race only to keep Rand from winning. Period. The Hillary lover Trump is doesn't get a call from Bill the day before announcing to talk about boxers or briefs.

Trump has a ZERO chance of winning the nomination. He gets destroyed by 40 points give or take in a head to head match with all top contenders except Bush. That is how the race goes after Iowa, NH and then SC. It will be down to 2 people, 3 at most.

Trump is already in decline going from 32% to 24% to now 21%.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Note to Trump: If you want to get our support, don't be an $#@! to Ron and Rand.

Oh wait, too late.
    Better yet, don't put out a communistic progressive tax rate plan. Or don't illegally spy on Americans. Or don't be such an egotistical hot head that will get us into WWIII. Too late.

Trump can't win the nomination as his support is maxed out at 25-35% in head to head match ups. Plus he can't get elected nationally with a 70% Hispanic disapproval. Not enough of the Rush low info white voters to overcome that reality.

What's sad is that Rand is going to be the one totally isolated because of this, the conservative grassroots will hate him on top of the establishment who already does but he won't give up pining for their love. The brand is almost totally ruined, I worry about just holding onto the senate seat. Why is Rand sticking up for McConnell? I guess we know why. Rand's entire campaign has been a disaster, talk crap about Ted Cruz all you want and I'm sure as hell not voting for him but he has run a much much better campaign than Rand.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    What's sad is that Rand is going to be the one totally isolated because of this, the conservative grassroots will hate him on top of the establishment who already does but he won't give up pining for their love. The brand is almost totally ruined, I worry about just holding onto the senate seat. Why is Rand sticking up for McConnell? I guess we know why. Rand's entire campaign has been a disaster, talk crap about Ted Cruz all you want and I'm sure as hell not voting for him but he has run a much much better campaign than Rand.
    Or we can wait to see what the ripple effect will be aside from a few comment boards instead of jumping to such boogeyman hyperbole that Paul will be hated widespread for this. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    It's always about Rand with them. They post threads in the 2016 forum because they know posting them in the Rand forum will get them moved away from the search bots. Trump humping is a good cover for the time being, but as you can see, they do not miss an opportunity to come in here antagonizing Rand supporters and attempting to discourage new supporters.
    This is the most logically consistent explanation of what certain parties on this forum have been up to, not only during this election, but going back even to the aftermath of the 2012 election once Ron Paul dropped out. I actually blocked about two dozen people just like this from my Youtube page during 2013 because of how bad the incessant Rand bashing became.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I am not the OP, the OP has the Trump - Rand tweet in the post about Cruz. If you have beef with that take it up with him and ask him to put the tweet in a separate thread.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    What planet do you live on? Trump has insulted more candidates than all the other candidates combined.

Trump is in this race only to keep Rand from winning. Period. The Hillary lover Trump is doesn't get a call from Bill the day before announcing to talk about boxers or briefs.

Trump has a ZERO chance of winning the nomination. He gets destroyed by 40 points give or take in a head to head match with all top contenders except Bush. That is how the race goes after Iowa, NH and then SC. It will be down to 2 people, 3 at most.

I think you quoted the wrong person since your reply has nothing to do with what I posted.

If you read the tweet the OP posted it was Trump attacking Rand. I got that reply in since it is expected for a fringe of Rand supporters I consider Paultards to collectively freak out over any form of criticism that can normally be expected in a campaign.

I hate to use that term but I think it applies to some of Ron/Rand's supporters that are their own worst enemy.
    Last edited by kahless; 09-30-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Trump works for the 1% and his a billionaire from wall street do the idiotic Americans really want someone like this? who barley has women supporters?

I think you quoted the wrong person since your reply has nothing to do with what I posted.
    So, you're perfectly correct to come into this thread and spam for Trump because every thread is about Trump, but his deconstruction of Trump is invalid because it was in response to your mindless gushing about Trump, and even though he began by laughing at your double standard and your ridiculous expectation that Rand Paul shouldn't trash any other candidate but should instead emulate the candidate who trashes every other candidate, his post had nothing to do with your post.

Um, why are you wasting my electrons with this drivel? Do you think my electrons grow on trees?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Trump works for the 1% and his a billionaire from wall street do the idiotic Americans really want someone like this? who barley has women supporters?
    The idiots you refer to want whatever Fox Radio tells them to want. How have you failed to notice that these idiots are in no way close to being a majority in the U.S?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-30-2015 at 08:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

This won't help him with right wingers. Rand should have just kept his mouth shut on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So, you're perfectly correct to come into this thread and spam for Trump because every thread is about Trump, but his deconstruction of Trump is invalid because it was in response to your mindless gushing about Trump, and even though he began by laughing at your double standard and your ridiculous expectation that Rand Paul shouldn't trash any other candidate but should instead emulate the candidate who trashes every other candidate, his post had nothing to do with your post.

Um, why are you wasting my electrons with this drivel? Do you think my electrons grow on trees?

The idiots you refer to want whatever Fox Radio tells them to want. How have you failed to notice that these idiots are in no way close to being a majority in the U.S?
    If you read the tweet the OP posted it was Trump attacking Rand. I am on topic, you and some others here are not and are derailing the thread.

Instead of being a Paultard you could have been a normal Rand supporter and simply PM'd the OP - Sadler to ask him to move the tweet to a new thread or remove it from here.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In this scuffle, Rand is on the side of the establishment, Cruz looks like a rebel.

Rand: "Cruz hasn't done enough sucking up to the right people. If he wants to get things done, he has to cultivate relationships with power brokers like me"

Considering Rand's attacks on Trump, he had it coming. Well at least Trump is welcoming potential voters supporting another candidate to his campaign rather than insulting them which is a failed strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post

If you read the tweet the OP posted it was Trump attacking Rand. I got that reply in since it is expected for the Paultards to collectively freak out over any form of criticism that can normally be expected in a campaign.

I hate to use that term but I think it applies to some of Ron/Rand's supporters that are their own worst enemy.
    It was a spot on retort for your commentary on Trump vs. Rand in this thread. And to go on to use the term Paultard? Smh...

I have had plenty of complaints against Rand, and generally choose to bite my tongue, but if some folks think this is a successful strategy to pick fruit off here from RPF for their bizarre candidate it is backfiring.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    In this scuffle, Rand is on the side of the establishment, Cruz looks like a rebel.

Rand: "Cruz hasn't done enough sucking up to the right people. If he wants to get things done, he has to cultivate relationships with power brokers like me"
    It is like some weird roll reversal between the two.

It could be all the things we see here as missteps for his 2016 Presidential campaign are not missteps if you seeking to eventually become the majority leader in the senate. Maybe he is just using the Presidential campaign as a platform to achieve that goal.

It is like some weird roll reversal between the two.
    What kind of roll are they reversing? Are you referring to the counter-spin? Or are they trading Rickrolls?

It could be all the things we see here as missteps for his 2016 Presidential campaign are not missteps if you seeking to eventually become the majority leader in the senate. Maybe he is just using the Presidential campaign as a platform to achieve that goal.
    Oh, of course! That must be it because running for president is historically such a great help in becoming Senate majority leader that they just pretty much all run for president before they try to get themselves into the Senate leadership. Why, just look at all the Majority Leaders who had previously run for president before moving up that way! Why, there's, um... There's, uh... Surely there's one... Um, of course there's... Um...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    It was a spot on retort for your commentary on Trump vs. Rand in this thread. And to go on to use the term Paultard? Smh...

I have had plenty of complaints against Rand, and generally choose to bite my tongue, but if some folks think this is a successful strategy to pick fruit off here from RPF for their bizarre candidate it is backfiring.
    If the shoe fits. After being here for 8 years I have come to the realization it is an appropriate term for a select few individuals here.

btw - your mailbox is full.
    Last edited by kahless; 09-30-2015 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    What kind of roll are they reversing? Are you referring to the counter-spin? Or are they trading Rickrolls?

Oh, of course! That must be it because running for president is historically such a great help in becoming Senate majority leader that they just pretty much all run for president before they try to get themselves into the Senate leadership. Why, just look at all the Majority Leaders who had previously run for president before moving up that way! Why, there's, um... There's, uh... Surely there's one... Um, of course there's... Um...
    haha you're such a troll! Have some mercy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic