Thread: Sen. Paul Appears on CNN's Wolf with Wolf Blitzer - September 29, 2015

Sen. Paul Appears on CNN's Wolf with Wolf Blitzer - September 29, 2015

Rand Paul for Peace

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Aren't there better examples of wasteful spending than those he is quoting ? The amounts are really small, under $1mil. This hardly makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Aren't there better examples of wasteful spending than those he is quoting ? The amounts are really small, under $1mil. This hardly makes a difference.
    The small ones add up. And he does this to show the hypocrisy of conservatives who can't even CUT the "small" waste in the budget, much less any "bigger" waste you and I wish for.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    The small ones add up. And he does this to show the hypocrisy of conservatives who can't even CUT the "small" waste in the budget, much less any "bigger" waste you and I wish for.
    Good point, cutting the small ones should be a no brainer. Can't they hire people for 0.01% commission on all cuts ?

Good point, cutting the small ones should be a no brainer. Can't they hire people for 0.01% commission on all cuts ?
    Yes, that's former congressman Connie Mack's penny plan, which Rand Paul supported. But unfortunately, it has no chance in hell in passing even with Republicans controlling both the House and the Senate.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Donald Trump's spoke person was on Wolf attacking Rand Paul a while ago

"He should focus being a senator"

Donald Trump's spoke person was on Wolf attacking Rand Paul a while ago

"He should focus being a senator"
    And Trump should focus on being a millionaire.

Great segment. Rise in the polls coming.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Rand is advocating that the Senators actually do their job and get to work . . .

And good explanations on how the "Randplan" would stimulate jobs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    Yeah, it's to show that even with control of Congress they haven't even cut the most ridiculous programs that everyone agrees are a waste.

That sets up his argument that it should be flipped and it should take 60 votes to pass those programs instead of needing 60 to stop them. The speech he gave in the Senate was strong, so it was good to see them play the clip and have him on to talk about it.

That's a winning issue and something most of the voters can get behind. Now it's just about being able to reach them. If he's able to keep pushing it I'd expect to start hearing people say "I like Rand Paul's plan of forcing the Democrats to get 60 votes to fund _____".

LOL

Rand at 0:48: "What is a Continuing Resolution? It is a steaming pile of the same old same-old..."

Preach it, brother!!
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

wait just a minute....

japanese quail are more promiscuous when they blow coke?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

He should say regular people instead of small property owners. Putting words in that manner have a more populist appeal.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    wait just a minute....

japanese quail are more promiscuous when they blow coke?
    I get mine to breed like rabbits. You should see all the smeared mirrors, rolled hundreds and young quail I have running around here.