Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul: Ted Cruz Can’t Get Anything Done Legislatively

Rand Paul: Ted Cruz Can’t Get Anything Done Legislatively

Rand Paul: Ted Cruz Can’t Get Anything Done Legislatively Because His Name Calling Goes Against The Decorum Of The Senate

Radio interview at link above.

“Ted has chosen to make this really personal and chosen to call people dishonest in leadership and call them names which really goes against the decorum and also against the rules of the senate, and as a consequence he can’t get anything done legislatively. He is pretty much done for and stifled and it’s really because of personal relationships, or lack of personal relationships, and it is a problem. I approach things a little different, I am still just as hardcore in saying what we are doing , I just chose not to call people liars on the senate floor and it’s just a matter of different perspectives on how best to get to the end result.”
    Rand Paul for Peace

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Ted has chosen to make this really personal and chosen to call people dishonest in leadership and call them names which really goes against the decorum...of the senate..."
    This is why Rand isn't seen as an outsider.

Voters do not care what Rand has accomplished, he should know this by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Rand accuses Cruz of calling people names, shortly before calling Trump 'clown'. Rand doesn't seem to be making any effort.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    Rand accuses Cruz of calling people names, shortly before calling Trump 'clown'. Rand doesn't seem to be making any effort.
    Trump is NOT in Congress nor an elected official. I agree with Rand, Trump deserves no respect especially when he's trying to masquerade as a conservative.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    Trump deserves no respect especially when he's trying to masquerade as a conservative.
    The same could be said for McConnell, the person Cruz is calling names. McConnell deserves no respect either, so you're being inconsistent. Things like this is what makes you look like a clown.

If he can convince McDonald's to push a spending bill of his own he can get legislation passed.

The same could be said for McConnell, the person Cruz is calling names. McConnell deserves no respect either, so you're being inconsistent. Things like this is what makes you look like a clown.
    McConnell is in Congress which is the the national legislative body of the US which includes the Senate and House of Representatives. Which Trump has NEVER and never will lay a foot in, thank God. I'm sure as a clown supporter you would agree with that.
    Rand Paul for Peace

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    McConnell is in Congress which is the the national legislative body of the US which includes the Senate and House of Representatives. Which Trump has NEVER and never will lay a foot in, thank God. I'm sure as a clown supporter you would agree with that.
    So one should only call names people out of Congress? LOL. That would go well with the public. You should be Rand's campaign manager and he will win with your message: It's NOT ok to call Senators names, but everyone else is fine. No one could come up with a dumber strategy even if they tried.

So one should only call names people out of Congress? LOL. That would go well with the public. You should be Rand's campaign manager and he will win with your message: It's NOT ok to call Senators names, but everyone else is fine. You couldn't come up with a dumbest strategy even if you tried.
    With that logic no wonder your a clown supporter. Good luck and I hope your still around here in January after the Iowa Caucus supporting your clown.
    Rand Paul for Peace

With that logic no wonder your a clown supporter. Good luck and I hope your still around here in January after the Iowa Caucus supporting your clown.
    That's what you're saying. It's not ok to call Senators names, but everyone else is fine because they're out of Congress. You have such a bad memory you forgot what you just posted above.

So one should only call names people out of Congress? LOL. That would go well with the public. You should be Rand's campaign manager and he will win with your message: It's NOT ok to call Senators names, but everyone else is fine. No one could come up with a dumber strategy even if they tried.
    That's entirely besides the point. Rand is saying that Cruz cannot get anything done because he has no relationships and has burned all his bridges in our legislative body. This is true. As usual, you are conveniently forgetting the premise of his argument as to attempt to bash Rand and elevate your candidate (in a Rand Paul forum). Next time rather than changing the subject, let's stick to the point.

You went so far as to quote LatinsforPaul's post and left out the first half of his statement. You know, the important part which qualified the portion you quoted...

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    You went so far as to quote LatinsforPaul's post and left out the first half of his statement. You know, the important part which qualified the portion you quoted...
    I see that you don't know how to read. My mention of people out of Congress shows that I am not changing the meaning of his/her post, even when I quoted the most relevant part.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    That's entirely besides the point. Rand is saying that Cruz cannot get anything done because he has no relationships and has burned all his bridges in our legislative body. This is true. As usual, you are conveniently forgetting the premise of his argument as to attempt to bash Rand and elevate your candidate (in a Rand Paul forum). Next time rather than changing the subject, let's stick to the point.
    So you agree that one should not name call people in Congress, but it's ok to name call people out of Congress?

I see that you don't know how to read.
    Yes you caught me.

Please let me know when you actually want to discuss the substance of the OP's quote.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How quickly before Cruz or someone else points out that Rand hasn't had any bills passed, either?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Ted Cruz acts immature and has no class.
    RVO˩UTION

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    How quickly before Cruz or someone else points out that Rand hasn't had any bills passed, either?
    They probably see no need for it. Rand is at less than 1% in North Carolina.

So you agree that one should not name call people in Congress, but it's ok to name call people out of Congress?
    you really should look back in history of politics, and Presidential runs with regards to tactics. Brutal...

and yes, i believe its perfectly fine to bash other candidates. Its the American way, in or out of congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Exactly. I mean, what are Paul's greatest claims to fame in the Senate, if not standing for long periods of time and getting the praise of Twitter handles that know how to retweet a hashtag?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Exactly. I mean, what are Paul's greatest claims to fame in the Senate, if not standing for long periods of time and getting the praise of Twitter handles that know how to retweet a hashtag?
    That's not what Rand is talking about.

Many of Rand's sponsored bills have at least been voted on even if they didn't pass.

Cruz' bills aren't even getting a chance for a roll-call vote because of the way he treats people.

Does Rand Paul have any idea how badly comments like these -that Cruz shouldn't name call McConnell- hurt him?

They reported them at HotAir with the title, 'Rand Paul hits Cruz: He can’t get anything done legislatively because of his name-calling in the Senate', and the commenters are just trashing Rand.

It's also astonishing how clueless some of Rand's supporters are, promoting these comments which are just going to hurt Rand, like latinsforpaul who created this thread.

rule xix of the senate

2. No Senator in debate shall, directly or indirectly, by any form of words impute to another Senator or to other Senators any conduct or motive unworthy or unbecoming a Senator.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    He killed the PATRIOT Act.

That's a big part of why he can win the general election.

Does Rand Paul have any idea how badly comments like these -that Cruz shouldn't name call McConnell- hurt him?

They reported them at HotAir with the title, 'Rand Paul hits Cruz: He can’t get anything done legislatively because of his name-calling in the Senate', and the commenters are just trashing Rand.

It's also astonishing how clueless some of Rand's supporters are, promoting these comments which are just going to hurt Rand, like latinsforpaul who created this thread.
    you're the only one worried about what people on "hotair" think.

This isnt about flip flopping around. This is about principle. Principle is, you dont say derogatory comments about other sitting senators. Period.

Is what it is. Dont like it? Build a bridge and get over it.

Damn it, Rand. Damn it. You are going about this all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    you're the only one worried about what people on "hotair" think.

This isnt about flip flopping around. This is about principle. Principle is, you dont say derogatory comments about other sitting senators. Period.

Is what it is. Dont like it? Build a bridge and get over it.
    It's representative of a lot of conservative sites and voters. You can go to others and the comments will be identical.

Your strategy of not caring about gaining votes does not win elections.

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    This is about principle. Principle is, you dont say derogatory comments about other sitting senators. Period.
    That is one great principle, LOL

It's representative of a lot of conservative sites and voters. You can go to others and the comments will be identical.

Your strategy of not caring about gaining votes does not win elections.
    “Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.” -John Quincy Adams

I'm for not changing just to vote grab.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast