Thread: Trump Proposes Replacing Obamacare with Government-Funded Universal Healthcare

Trump Proposes Replacing Obamacare with Government-Funded Universal Healthcare

http://truthinmedia.com/trump-obamac...al-healthcare/

Donald Trump said on 60 Minutes last Sunday that he would, as president, work to repeal Obamacare and replace it with a government-funded universal healthcare program.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What? A Republican finally came right out and answered the question, 'Repeal it and replace it with what?'

What an idiot. He couldn't win the GOP nomination for county commissioner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryDonegan View Post
    http://truthinmedia.com/trump-obamac...al-healthcare/

Donald Trump said on 60 Minutes last Sunday that he would, as president, work to repeal Obamacare and replace it with a government-funded universal healthcare program.
    Not quite, but to the point it sounds like if you are poor and cannot afford insurance. He said repeal and replace and something to the effect of selecting private plans from private companies that can compete across state lines. That is the deregulation of allowing insurance companies to compete that Rand and Ron had been fighting for all these years which should reduce premiums for those that can afford insurance.

It is a pretty good compromise, the Republicans-Conservatives get the deregulation allowing companies to compete across state lines to reduce premiums while the Progressives get to cover poor people that cannot afford insurance.

He also went on about cutting deals with hospitals for those that cannot afford insurance. It is going to be like his tax and immigration plan, will have to wait for the details on his website to know for sure what he is actually proposing.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

incorrect, Donald Trump is not for universal Health care

Quote Originally Posted by teaparty View Post
    incorrect, Donald Trump is not for universal Health care
    Are you lying, or just don't know your candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Are you lying, or just don't know your candidate?
    He's up De Nile without a paddle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The Reporter said Universal Health Care, not Donald. And what the Donald was describing was not in fact Universal Health Care as it is understood by policy wonks. He was describing the system that existed prior to Obamacare except enhanced by less regulation on the private side and buoyed by Trump's magical "deal making" abilities when it comes to funding uninsured health care on the government side.

House + Senate Republicans are in the driver seat on Health Care. You really think they're going to pass any sort of socialized medicine? Likely Obamacare's going to get mostly gutted besides special interest handouts. And if we're lucky we'll get some good reforms, such as increased competition. But Trump saying that he's in favor of "taking care of people" means absolutely nothing. Perhaps such a statement could be dangerous with a Democrat majority Congress

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Trump Proposes Replacing Obamacare with Government-Funded Universal Healthcare

“Obamacare’s going to be repealed and replaced. Obamacare is a disaster if you look at what’s going on with premiums where they’re up 40, 50, 55 percent,” replied Trump.

Pelley then pressed him to offer his own specific plan for fixing the U.S. healthcare system.

[RELATED: Trump: Rivals Want to Start World War 3 Over Syria]

Trump began explaining, “There’s many different ways, by the way. Everybody’s got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say because a lot of times they say, ‘No, no, the lower 25 percent that can’t afford private.’ But…”

Pelley then interrupted, noting that Trump was describing a universal healthcare plan.

Trump continued, “I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.”

The real estate billionaire then explained that he “would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care” of uninsured Americans.
    This would cost him if it starts to be repeated more often, cant want for Rand to use this in the debates...

trump..hah...boy, he's just fantastic ain't he?...where are the trump humpers at?...

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    trump..hah...boy, he's just fantastic ain't he?...where are the trump humpers at?...
    Currently in the 2016 forum defending his "tax plan"

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. "We are going to save so much money on the other side." Yup. If there is one thing government programs can be counted on to do, it's save money.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    The Reporter said Universal Health Care, not Donald. And what the Donald was describing was not in fact Universal Health Care as it is understood by policy wonks. He was describing the system that existed prior to Obamacare except enhanced by less regulation on the private side and buoyed by Trump's magical "deal making" abilities when it comes to funding uninsured health care on the government side.
    Lol nice try, he said everyone will be taken care of and the Government will pay for it.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Lol nice try, he said everyone will be taken care of and the Government will pay for it.
    Well all I heard was Terriffic, Wonderful, Great, Wall and China.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Well all I heard was Terriffic, Wonderful, Great, Wall and China.
    Lolz

That's about how the Trump lovers are, there's no reasoning with them. Trump advocates communism on TV, and they somehow think his proposal equals
    less regulation on the private side
    Trump 1984! We need the bumper sticker.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Everyone was taken care of before and the government paid for it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. "We are going to save so much money on the other side." Yup. If there is one thing government programs can be counted on to do, it's save money.
    We already had Universal Health Care long before Obama. What Trump is talking about here is bringing order to the wildly expensive way in which we did that before. This is pretty standard GOP fare. Lower the total cost of health care by introducing competition to the private sector and throwing the destitute in to Medicaid rather than have them use emergency care.

***And unless Rand is for abolishing the rule requiring Emergency Rooms treat everybody that walks in the door that needs it, he's for Universal Health Care too. Ron Paul was the only Republican politician I ever heard who was truly opposed to Universal Health Care.

RVO˩UTION

I've read that the Dutch health insurance system is good.