Thread: Breaking news: Stage collapse at Carly event

Breaking news: Stage collapse at Carly event

no one hurt, but almost a Wizard of Oz moment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Planned? So many people at the Carly event that the stage collapsed? :O....

Part of a stage collapsed Sunday while Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina was addressing a crowd in San Antonio.

The backdrop portion of a stage Fiorina was standing on fell around her as she spoke to the National Association of Women Business Owners.

"It appears the drapes and poles fell. Carly wasn't injured," Fiorina spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores said in an email.
    More information.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

I'm glad Carly is ok.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Me thinks that a higher power might not approve of Fiorina's dishonesty. All the same, good thing no one was hurt, and the people who set up the stage might not come recommended after something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    I'm glad Carly is ok.
    why?

are you also happy FDR survived in 1933? Hitler in 1944?
    Last edited by cindy25; 09-27-2015 at 08:18 PM.

After listening to her on Bleats the Press this morning blathering about how her nearly sinking HP was the best thing that ever happened to the company, I'm guessing the structure just wasn't rated to handle the tremendous weight of the woman's ego.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    After listening to her on Bleats the Press this morning blathering about how her nearly sinking HP was the best thing that ever happened to the company, I'm guessing the structure just wasn't rated to handle the tremendous weight of the woman's ego.
    That or some EEO union folks built the darn thing......

Good to know no one was harmed. That being said:

1. Everything around Carly crumbles eventually.

2. Somebody in the audience is said to have yelled "Trump!" after the collapse. Then another said "Trump, and Hillary!"
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    why?

are you also happy FDR survived in 1933? Hitler in 1944?
    I figured a crazy comment like that would pop up here when I read the thread title.

bah, I work with that stuff all the time... called "pipe & drape" and it really sucks. It's unstable, annoying, and always in the way
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    bah, I work with that stuff all the time... called "pipe & drape" and it really sucks. It's unstable, annoying, and always in the way
    Carly or the drapes?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post

2. Somebody in the audience is said to have yelled "Trump!" after the collapse. Then another said "Trump, and Hillary!"
    Only in politics....

I remember a day in June, 1968 when RFK was shot. so many of my classmates were crying, and all yet all I could think was Nixon was just elected. that may be cynical. it is certainly politically incorrect.

but Bobby would have won (no one disagrees with that), and the draft would never had ended. also a fact as RFK wanted expanded National service. just imagine how many people would have died in Afghanistan if Bush and Chaney had a conscript army.

or just suppose Elian Gonzalez had died on the raft? Al Gore would have carried Florida and there would be no patriot act. Gore has said so many times. probably no Iraq war.

or if Teddy Roosevelt has died when he fell off his horse. John Hay (as state sect) would have been president. Taft would have beaten Wilson in 1912. no income tax, no US entry to WWI.

Symbolic of where her candidacy is heading?
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    I'm glad Carly is ok.
    She does well in situations as everything collapses around her . . .