Thread: Draft Ron Paul for Speaker of the House!!

Draft Ron Paul for Speaker of the House!!

So, we all know that Boehner resigned from his House seat and his Speaker spot. Now, I've been reading quite a bit and read that the U.S. Constitution DOES allow for anybody to be Speaker of the House. So, what if we decide to contact Rand Paul on the idea of drafting his dad for Speaker? What do you guys think?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pretty sure Ron Paul will be happy to never land in D.C. ever again.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Let him enjoy a few years of retirement before our country completely collapses.

I see no reason to torture Ron...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Who does Massie support? Massie said he hasn’t committed, but he thinks Rep. Daniel Webster, R-Fla., is a strong candidate.

He believes that Webster would govern “from the bottom up.” That means people like Massie would get long-stalled bills heard more in committee and on the floor.
    We may want to start a grassroots campaign to suggest Webster.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Didn't Raul Labrador run for Speaker last time? No one mentioning him in the press right now.

Webster.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Didn't Raul Labrador run for Speaker last time? No one mentioning him in the press right now.
    No, he ran for House Majority Whip. Raul actually voted for Boehner last time.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    That's who I thought of at first.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    No, he ran for House Majority Whip. Raul actually voted for Boehner last time.
    Oh I see...

Quote Originally Posted by derek4ever View Post
    So, we all know that Boehner resigned from his House seat and his Speaker spot. Now, I've been reading quite a bit and read that the U.S. Constitution DOES allow for anybody to be Speaker of the House. So, what if we decide to contact Rand Paul on the idea of drafting his dad for Speaker? What do you guys think?
    To become Speaker of the House, one needs to be a member of the House of Representatives. Technically he doesn't HAVE to be but there has never been a Speaker who wasn't. He or she has to receive a majority of the votes from the members.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    To become Speaker of the House, one needs to be a member of the House of Representatives. Technically he doesn't HAVE to be but there has never been a Speaker who wasn't. He or she has to receive a majority of the votes from the members.
    And there's never been a woman president, therefor Hillary Clinton will never be president.
    Last edited by William Tell; 07-06-2018 at 08:16 AM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic