Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: John Boehner is stepping down

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    So either some establishment stooge takes his place or Pelosi battles it out to try and win it again.
    An establishment Republican will win it. The hope is it will be someone less vengeful and petty than Boehner. The liberty Republicans up there no they can't win it, they just want a more fair speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    He will vacate his seat Oct 31

-t
    AFTER he rams thru a 'clean' continuing resolution and raises the debt ceiling....
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Out with the orange and in with the new...

Is this why he was crying yesterday ?

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    AFTER he rams thru a 'clean' continuing resolution and raises the debt ceiling....
    That's right, he will "Boehner" the right to his last day.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Oompa, loompa, doompety doo
    The spray-tanned leftist is definitely through

No need to pick on
    Boehner anymore, time to try & get best person as new head.

My ideal candidate? Justin Amash or Tom McClintock.

The more realistic candidate? Kevin McCarthy.

Which non-Liberty Caucus candidate do I hope beats McCarthy? Jeb Hensarling.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Seriously, though.

How much you want to wager there's some sort of sex scandal or financial impropriety hiding in his closet?
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Whoever it is better have a budget ready.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We are still going to have to pay his pension and benefits, aren't we?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Thumbs up

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    We are still going to have to pay his pension and benefits, aren't we?
    If by "we" you mean you, then yeah. Have at it.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

is it too late for boehner to run for prez?...

Rumors on Capitol Hill: Boehner Cut Deal With Pelosi to Avoid Government Shutdown

Sources tell Breitbart News that several members of the House of Representatives are saying “the rumor is Boehner cut a deal with Pelosi.”

According to those sources, outgoing House Speaker Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) and Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) agreed that her Democratic caucus would join Boehner along with a handful of Boehner loyalists and moderate establishment Republicans to continue Planned Parenthood funding, along with a few other budget items President Obama says were must-haves, in order to avoid a Government shutdown.

Boehner resigned because he knew that after he cut that deal, conservatives in his own party would be so furious with him that it would make challenges to his Speakership a certainty, sources say. Even if he survived those challenges, his remaining year and three months in office would be contentious and personally uncomfortable for him.
    Breitbart News has not confirmed these statements made by sources on Capitol Hill with anyone who is willing to go on-the-record.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ment-shutdown/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

thats a pretty risky move.

I see a bad moon rising...

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    My ideal candidate? Justin Amash or Tom McClintock.

The more realistic candidate? Kevin McCarthy.

Which non-Liberty Caucus candidate do I hope beats McCarthy? Jeb Hensarling.
    Hensarling would be my first choice among the "realistic" options too. As long as it is not McCarthy though. If Rubio is Mark Zuckerberg's personal Senator, then McCarthy is his personal Representative.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Is this why he was crying yesterday ?

Boehner sees his god!

Seriously, though.

How much you want to wager there's some sort of sex scandal or financial impropriety hiding in his closet?
    If you believe Alex Jones, pedophile ring.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Seriously, though.

Isn't there always?

EXCLUSIVE: #Boehner’s Replacement Is Carrying On Long Running Affair With Congresswoman

Neither McCarthy, nor Ellmers has denied it and now that McCarthy is next in line for the speakership of the House the affair has taken on new relevance.
    Rep. Renee Ellmers (R-NC) and Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) at the U.S. Capitol July 28, 2011 in Washington, DC.

Rep. Renee Ellmers (R-NC) and Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) (center) at the U.S. Capitol July 28, 2011 in Washington, DC.

Multiple sources within Bakersfield, North Carolina, & on Capitol Hill tell Gotnews.com that Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) and Renee Ellmers (R-NC) have been carrying on a long-running affair since 2011.

The affair is something of an open secret in Washington, D.C. Reporters at other publications, lobbyists, congressional staffers of both parties all know about it. One staffer for a congressman describes it as the “biggest open secret” in D.C. A lobbyist describes Ellmers as a “social climber who has ingratiated herself” with McCarthy.

House leadership also knows about the affair. Speaker John Boehner reportedly told McCarthy to stop the affair once McCarthy was elected Majority Leader says a well placed congressional staffer.
    http://gotnews.com/breaking-exclusiv...ellmers-affair

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Rumors on Capitol Hill: Boehner Cut Deal With Pelosi to Avoid Government Shutdown
    So, essentially, he is a coward trying to escape the consequences of his actions/decisions. If he can't defend them, he shouldn't do them.

Apparently they are saying that he's doing it because of the Pope's visit. That the Pope's talk about compassion changed his heart. In his speech he said that he "woke up, got down on my knees and prayed like I always do. Then, spur of the moment, I just decided that was it." (paraphrasing).

Bonehead should step into a prison cell with others to follow. Just saying...
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Apparently they are saying that he's doing it because of the Pope's visit. That the Pope's talk about compassion changed his heart. In his speech he said that he "woke up, got down on my knees and prayed like I always do. Then, spur of the moment, I just decided that was it." (paraphrasing).
    That's just Democrat spin. Boehner and the communist pope are two peas in a pod.

Last GOP speaker Denny Hastert sold us out to Turkey & child molested...

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    He will vacate his seat Oct 31

-t
    All Hallows Eve.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Of course, we all know who we REALLY want as Speaker...
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

#NOONEBUTPAUL!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Boner will be missed like the drunk uncle you would never leave your kids alone with.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast