Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chuck Baldwin: A Solution For The Same-Sex Marriage Problem

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-04-2018 at 09:00 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Baldwin continues to be great, despite a few disagreements I've had with him most of what he says is right and he's not afraid to tell the truth.
    Stop believing stupid things

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I'm not for people "marrying" their pet goat, either.
    Neither am I.
    And I do not believe that God would sanction it even if the state issued a valid license to do so.

So regardless of what the State called it,, or what some people would call it,, it is not a marriage.

It is not even an issue for me.. like as total irrelevance.

Start treating State Licenses as exactly what they are.

Drivers licenses do not make good or safe drivers.. nor do they prevent bad ones.
    Barbers licenses do not make good barbers, or guarantee a good haircut.
    And a Marriage License does not make a marriage.

It does not matter. Quit trying to pretend it does.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Kade View Post
    Can someone explain to me how a person can call themselves a member of the liberty movement and at the same time be opposed to gay marriage? It is pretty clear that this 'movement' has really become an extension of theocratic conservatism. How are those poll numbers doing?
    Perhaps because you don't have to be a libertarian to be a part of the liberty movement? Ron Paul had a large number of supporters who were old right paleoconservatives.

Heck, Ron Paul was never in favor of gay marriage either. Does that mean that Ron Paul isn't even part of the liberty movement?
    Last edited by Brett85; 09-25-2015 at 08:38 PM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

...(help me out folks...how do i get william tell off my back?...i mean i can hardly express an honest, validated opinion on THE RON PAUL FORUMS without getting a red mark from this obviously naive, tongue-clucking republicrat...

...WILLIAM, i bet it's your diet!...more fresh veggies, fruit, good water, exercise, good humor and positive thinking!!...much less msg, aspartame, republicrattery, ludwiggery, neg-repping of panqui, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post

Heck, Ron Paul was never in favor of gay marriage either. Does that mean that Ron Paul isn't even part of the liberty movement?
    He was not in favor of State Marriage. Period.
    The state has no business denying nor approving of any marriage. Period. (the ability to approve is the ability to deny)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post

(...?your bible-thumper, baldwin, is the standard-bearer for the stinking, republican-mutation, constipation party...the stinking platform of your stinking constipation party includes, for one of many stinking things, the following:

The Constitution Party will uphold the right of states and localities to restrict access to drugs and to enforce such restrictions. We support legislation to stop the flow of illegal drugs into the United States from foreign sources. As a matter of self-defense, retaliatory policies including embargoes, sanctions, and tariffs, should be considered.

...also, i've never heard him, or any of the other gd puppet presidential wannabees, ever clearly expose, 'the debt that ought not to be debt'...(see jerry voorhis)

...a lot of simple google searches could have saved you from apologizing for/defending goddamned awful fool constipation party republicrats...
    IIRC, Chuck parts ways with his party on the drug issue. Someone better informed, plz correct me if I'm mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    99.9% of all churches in the US are 501(c)3 corporations. They were fooled into this as THE right way to be tax-exempt, without realizing they already were lawfully tax-exempt w/o gov interference.
    It might be that way for 99% of churches where the larger denomination owns the property, but it's not always the case for independent, congregationally governed churches.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Can someone explain to me how a person can call themselves a member of the liberty movement and at the same time be opposed to gay marriage? It is pretty clear that this 'movement' has really become an extension of theocratic conservatism. How are those poll numbers doing?
    Of course we can be opposed to same-sex marriage. Some of us, from a postion of religious conviction, do not think the federal government should be defining marriage, or determining eligibility. To be quite honest, government discourages marriage between poor people because the government only benefits when someone with assets dies.

People who want marriage *equality* will find out it's not so great at tax time, when one of them dies, or when they decide they don't want to be married any more.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    He was not in favor of State Marriage. Period.
    The state has no business denying nor approving of any marriage. Period. (the ability to approve is the ability to deny)
    Sure, and that's the position that Chuck takes as well. But the person I was responding to made it sound like you can't be a libertarian if you don't support state sponsored gay marriage. He criticized Chuck Baldwin and others like him for not supporting state sponsored gay marriage. So I was just responding to his comment which seemed way off base.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    It might be that way for 99% of churches where the larger denomination owns the property, but it's not always the case for independent, congregationally governed churches.
    My ministry in unincorporated, but I know very few other churches that are.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post
    chuck bible thumps: 'Neither can there be victory by pretending that Caesar’s law is Supreme Law, because it’s not! There is a Court above the court. There is a King above kings. There is a Law above law.' ​

(...of course, in that great 'Court above the court' chuck is always innocent...and chuck is a 'judge' equal to or better than all other 'judges'......
    Huh? He was talking about God, not himself.

True Liberty is in God's Will

Kade, that's easy: liberty is a gift from God (not from nature, human rulers, nor human institutions), and since God created man and woman, after His own likeness and image, to complement each other in marriage, He has the supreme authority to regulate what their sexual behavior ought to be, towards that end. Marriage is a gift from God, and we use liberty to marry whom we want without coercion nor authorization by those who wish to supplant God's sovereignty (like our current state and federal governments).
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    Of course we can be opposed to same-sex marriage. Some of us, from a postion of religious conviction, do not think the federal government should be defining marriage, or determining eligibility. To be quite honest, government discourages marriage between poor people because the government only benefits when someone with assets dies.

People who want marriage *equality* will find out it's not so great at tax time, when one of them dies, or when they decide they don't want to be married any more.
    Is this what you actually believe? It is convenient for the religious to go immediately to the "they won't like it' argument, or far worse, an appeal to consequences fallacy. While the government is, in fact, defining marriage, equality is a must. That is all that matters. The laundry list of benefits that are unfairly denied include such things as estate inheritance, family partnership filing, veteran's and military benefits, medical decisions, employment (family leave, bereavement, worker's comp, etc), adoption or foster rights, family zoning housing, and a litany of rights associated with the "right to sue" (wrongful death, communications privileges, etc).

Please spare us the weeping heart. At least have the fortitude to admit that you are opposed to for religious reasons, and that it is a pure example of being unable to tolerate 'freedom for the rest'.

When all things are fair, and these things are outside the government, then you can, by all means, go on being against your church supporting whatever partnerships it wants...

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

-Bertrand Russell

I received positive rep for extreme sarcasm from a person who thought I was serious ... please look up Poe's Law

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Kade, that's easy: liberty is a gift from God (not from nature, human rulers, nor human institutions), and since God created man and woman, after His own likeness and image, to complement each other in marriage, He has the supreme authority to regulate what their sexual behavior ought to be, towards that end. Marriage is a gift from God, and we use liberty to marry whom we want without coercion nor authorization by those who wish to supplant God's sovereignty (like our current state and federal governments).
    Well, as you don't need me to remind you, Faith is 'believe without evidence'; and there is no god or gods.

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

-Bertrand Russell

I received positive rep for extreme sarcasm from a person who thought I was serious ... please look up Poe's Law

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

sola fide writes: Huh? He was talking about God, not himself.

(sola fide, i believe you can be forced to admit/acknowledge that "god" (one letter away from 'good') is a VERY personal, individual concept... so when chuck or you or anyone else is invoking 'god' you are doing so in your own unique interpretation...affected by your VERY personal, individual experiences, prejudices, ignorance, insight, fears, hopes, etc. ad gd nauseam...so chuck and ?you and every other bible, torah, koran, etc. ad gd nauseam, thumpers are always ALWAYS talking about yourselves when you are 'talking about "god"'...

...kade has exposed the constipated republicrats so clearly even i, the great panqui, will find it hard to add anything of value..but, of course, i'll try...
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 09-28-2015 at 10:49 AM.

The government shouldn't regulate marriage period as long as it is between consenting adults.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic