Thread: John McAfee running for POTUS - Cyber Party

John McAfee running for POTUS - Cyber Party

I had not heard a word about it until today!

He's a mixed-bag:

https://mcafee16.com/issues/

John McAfee manifesto: Open US borders, end War on Drugs and abandon TSA 'in its entirety'
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/john-mcafee...tirety-1520099

US presidential candidate John McAfee has released his manifesto for the 2016 elections, revealing policies that include opening US borders to immigrants, ending the War on Drugs, and abandoning the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in its entirety. McAfee, who founded the antivirus software company of the same name, confirmed his unlikely presidential bid – as a new third party candidate – earlier this month with the campaign slogan "privacy, freedom, and technology".

The 1,700-word manifesto lists 10 key policy areas: foreign policy, War on Drugs, immigration, taxation, education, welfare, TSA, economy, cyber awareness and the FDA (Food and Drug Agency). McAfee claims there is "much, much more" to be added but what is described lays out his political leanings and intents.
    [...]
    The antivirus mogul, who is also a regular columnist for IBTimes UK, revealed last week that he believed the world is facing a cyber war more dangerous than nuclear devastation: "The next major war will not be fought with guns, ships and missiles. It will be a cyber war with far more devastation than could possibly be achieved by our combined nuclear arsenals.," he says.
    Looks like it was first posted here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...hird-party-yet
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe Trump should run for the lemon party. Don't look up lemon party it's disgusting!

Ya I think I would support McAfee over any of the other candidates running in any of the parties besides Rand.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He sounded good on FP but then I dropped down to immigration and see he is just another open borders clown.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

The only thing he sounds good on is foreign policy and the TSA. It's a shame McAfee hasn't caught on to the growing trend of Moldbuggian politics taking root in the tech industry. I guess he's just too old.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    The only thing he sounds good on is foreign policy and the TSA. It's a shame McAfee hasn't caught on to the growing trend of Moldbuggian politics taking root in the tech industry. I guess he's just too old.
    He's also good on privacy and the war on drugs.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He wants to let everything in, much like his firewall products.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    He's also good on privacy and the war on drugs.
    He's not into the Fed printing money either. 3:18 on the RT vid.

I like him.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/politica...ves-next-door/

Security genius John McAfee, back from Belize, has opened a tech incubator in Opelika, AL. He likes the pace of life and the very high-speed internet, reports Drew Owens. I look forward to visiting him, and finding out more about his campaign against state abuses, and his business. Of course, I’ll also give him a copy of Tom DiLorenzo’s The Real Lincoln!
    --Albert J. Nock

I thought he was wanted for murder. Whatever happened with that?

Quote Originally Posted by logikal View Post
    I thought he was wanted for murder. Whatever happened with that?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...hird-party-yet

McAfee crossed into Guatemala to evade investigators in Belize who wanted to question him in connection with the death of his neighbor. He was deported to the U.S. a few weeks later.

McAfee denied any involvement in the slaying, and he was never declared a suspect by Belize authorities — although they did sell off his seized assets in the country.

Related: 'Dateline NBC': The Fugitive Millionaire

McAfee's blog became a must-read as he posted frequently about his escapades as a fugitive, detailing the many disguises he adopted.

Dean Barrow, Belize's prime minister then and now, described McAfee at the time as "extremely paranoid, even bonkers."

McAfee — whose Twitter biography reads simply "Eccentric Millionaire & Still Alive" — listed his current address in his FEC filing as Opelika, Alabama. His case was chronicled on "Dateline NBC" in March.
    --Albert J. Nock

One Presidential Candidate Wants To End the Drug War
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/politica...-the-drug-war/

And pardon Ed Snowden: John McAfee.
    Last edited by Lucille; 10-08-2015 at 10:28 AM.
    --Albert J. Nock

More sane than Trump.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    He wants to let everything in, much like his firewall products.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/C...dment-edition/

John McAfee brings his famously wild brain (and unfortunately a lack of solid stats) to his claim that we should forget gun control and worry more about EZ EMPs. Challenged on the EMP question, he backs up his claim that a smart kid could destroy a city. I don’t know how good his information is, but this’ll make you think. His smackdown of Obama’s single-issue silliness is good, in any case.
    --Albert J. Nock

Welp... Now it's the LP...

http://wearechange.org/mcafee-will-r...for-president/

The mercurial McAfee, who this year announced his run for the presidency under the Cyber Party to “disrupt the political status quo” and warn of the “dangerously ignored issue of cybersecurity,” said in a phone interview today he will join the Libertarian Party, where he is likely to land the nomination.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! yourself

Get a job

What happened dez Nuts?
    Sounded like a cool candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    $#@! yourself

Get a job
    He's trying.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic