Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand coming up on CNN w/ Wolf Blitzer (9/22)

Rand coming up on CNN w/ Wolf Blitzer (9/22)

He will be on at some point this hour with Wolf Blitzer

Edit: Interview now over, for a very brief summary of topics covered check post below
    Last edited by libertyplz; 09-22-2015 at 04:44 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump

Rand in studio and will be on right after the story on Ben Carson

Edit: Segment 1 just finished, asked about Trump, low polling numbers, how his fundraising is going. More with Rand after commercial break

Edit 2: Segment 2 finished, asked about Carsons comments and if he could support a Muslim president, if he thinks Obama was born in the US and is a Christian, and asked about vaccines
    Last edited by libertyplz; 09-22-2015 at 04:46 PM.

Rand did very well. He speaks really well in an interview setting. Probably better than anyone else imo.

Pretty good. For once allowed to speak more than usual.

He needs to change that talking point when Wolf asked why Trump is leading in the polls while Rand is near the bottom. He should start off with something like this:

"Well, a major factor is that CNN & the other news networks report about Trump on a much higher volume than any other candidate. By doing so, you end up shaping the election instead of reporting about it."

Caught this by chance real time. Solid A performance by Rand. He had clear and powerful talking points, good smiling demeanor.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by mello View Post
    He needs to change that talking point when Wolf asked why Trump is leading in the polls while Rand is near the bottom. He should start off with something like this:

"Well, a major factor is that CNN & the other news networks report about Trump on a much higher volume than any other candidate. By doing so, you end up shaping the election instead of reporting about it."
    He's been saying similar things in interviews all summer.

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Caught this by chance real time. Solid A performance by Rand. He had clear and powerful talking points, good smiling demeanor.
    I agree, I think Rand performed well here. He came off as very positive and likable despite some tough (maybe cheap) questions, such as if he would drop out. He could have gotten upset and angry but instead kept a happy demeanor and handled the questions really well I thought
    Last edited by libertyplz; 09-22-2015 at 05:20 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by LatinsforPaul; 09-22-2015 at 05:26 PM.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Despite my opinion that CNN is a pathetic excuse for a news agency, I think that Wolf Blitzer gives Rand the fairest interview. He gives him plenty of time to talk and lets him explain his positions to the fullest extent (by MSM standards).

Wolf was afraid to get shushed.

Rand kept things positive and congenial, despite the barrage of "pledge allegiance to PC" questions he was asked back to back. "Let me get you on record" (AKA, comply with your masters) on whether Obarry is a Christian, or was born in America, whether vaccines cause autism, on whether Muslims should be President, etc, etc.

And right on cue, a discussion followed to reinforce the mainstream points of the day (such as "Rand is under 6% so he should get out," a point not made about Christie, Kasich or others in the same situation). Rand has apparently decided not to be anti-establishment, and stick to just playing a "not crazy like the others" statesman. Time will tell whether this approach works.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 09-22-2015 at 05:59 PM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

My goodness, for goodness sakes somebody give Rand a tissue.

Rand should say a conservative Muslim is a better choice for president than Trump because at least they are conservative!

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Rand should say a conservative Muslim is a better choice for president than Trump because at least they are conservative!
    Ooooohhhh... Now that would grab some headlines.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is there a video of the whole interview yet? I don't watch much televised news anymore unless I catch it over at my folks' place.

Say hi to your dad ?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Say hi to your dad ?
    lol It sounded like you were saying that Rand Paul was my dad. That would probably make political discussions a lot easier, but sadly that wasn't how it turned out. I live just down the street from my folks so I see them pretty often, but I refuse to give any of the MSM networks my time and generally get my news from the internet while at home.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    lol It sounded like you were saying that Rand Paul was my dad. That would probably make political discussions a lot easier, but sadly that wasn't how it turned out. I live just down the street from my folks so I see them pretty often, but I refuse to give any of the MSM networks my time and generally get my news from the internet while at home.
    Yes it is kinda funny how after a person gets off the MSM treadmill that their news has no importance. The sad thing is that low knowledge voters will probably never become enlightened and will just keep voting the way people tell them to vote.

So Rand is calling Obama a liar since Obama has admitted to being Muslim ad not Christian?
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by libertyplz View Post
    Edit 2: Segment 2 finished, asked about Carsons comments and if he could support a Muslim president, if he thinks Obama was born in the US and is a Christian, and asked about vaccines
    Only the most important questions... who needs questions about policy or areas that would actually be part of the President's job.

Rand did a good job just laughing some of those and the "are you ready to quit" questions off though and gave a good interview overall. He does better in studio so hopefully he's able to do more of those.

And he was given time to speak which is maybe just as important. They could be talking about the weather and at least it would give people a chance to hear and get a feel for him outside of a debate stage setting. Like others have said - he was smiling and laughing, and had a genuine positive and confident attitude.

Such a stupid interview. Might as well ended the questions with "Are you Aqua Buddha"?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WTF Wolf Blitzer needs to be blitzed with comments on the stupid questions he asked. Remember what he said about Ron's supporters that not a day goes by that he did not hear from multitudes of his supporters.

"Say hi to your dad"?

I can't watch the video but did he really say that? Nikki Haley kept referring to Ron in her questioning in SC and then repeated the "say hi to your dad" line. I think this is their way of reminding low info voters that Rand's dad is that kooky guy they're supposed to dismiss. It's a subtle association thing they're doing. Attaching baggage.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Jan2017

In the CNN Washington studio and Wolfe let's him speak . . . not interrupting in mid sentences as Rand usually has well thought out full sentences and doesn' t need prompting to get ideas out.

In that sense it is a very good interview . . .
    Just have no more time for Fox bugging Rand while at work in the Capitol for interviews that are fodder for the Faux News "slam Rand" propaganda campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Man, the MSM sure doesn't want to let a candidate get away with anything less than saying all vaccines should be mandatory. Rand did pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Wolf is such an MSM bitch and Rand handled him so eloquently on the irrelevant gotcha nonsense towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Wolf is such an MSM bitch and Rand handled him so eloquently on the irrelevant gotcha nonsense towards the end.
    I think it was a good moment to go Trump on him though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast