Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Muslim Kid Clock Hoax

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I'm going to be watching his career pretty closely. He's just the kind of kid I'd hire.
    Of course, because you make processors, right?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Ok, now I know you're trolling this tread.
    Possibly. But as far as trolls go, I'm outnumbered in this thread. Oh well I'll just wait to see the exit poll demographics in November next year.

It doesn't look like the leave me alone coalition can leave this kid alone.

Possibly. But as far as trolls go, I'm outnumbered in this thread. Oh well I'll just wait to see the exit poll demographics in November next year.

It doesn't look like the leave me alone coalition can leave this kid alone.
    I think everyone would leave him alone if he and his family didn't constantly seek attention.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The guy apparently solders together CPUs. He's full of $#@!.

Looks like this kid just learn how to be a minority and to cause a commotion for attention lol

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Ok, now I know you're trolling this tread.
    He's not (necessarily) trolling. You can build simple CPUs from discrete components

(No, I'm not the Starcraft guy)

Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. Politicians will philander. You, too, will get old.
    And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tasteless View Post
    He's not (necessarily) trolling. You can build simple CPUs from discrete components

I'll eat a can of dog food if little ahmed made a real processor.

Clock kid was just pulling a prank

You contradict yourself. Is this about the nanny state, or is it about racism?
    It's very telling that the pundits are accusing him of not building the clock. They can't prove a negative so they won't even try. The accusation stands alone for the sole purpose of subterfuge. It's beyond obvious that this youngster has a perclivity for technology. Yet it's still a hotly debated topic on these forums almost a month after the incident. We're falling right into the Limbaugh playbook of alienate the brown kid and turn him into an enemy before he's even politically aware. That's a self-fulfilling prophecy. You want to know why minorities keep rejecting us, it's because we reject them before they even had a chance to be heard. We had a golden opportunity to point out the overprotective nanny state in the school system here and I'm shocked we're taking the Limbaugh position here.
    On one hand, you indicate that you understand that the problem here is “the overprotective nanny state in the school system”. I agree, since Amed was obviously arrested because of zero-tolerance policies. The public needs to be made aware of the failures of zero-tolerance policies and how they affect people, but the media refuses to cover it.

On the other hand, you can’t refrain from bringing up the kid’s “brownness”… “alienating the brown kid” and “minorities keep rejecting us… because we reject them before they even had a chance to be heard”.

You expect proof (beyond the photos and video which illustrate it) that Amed did not make a “clock”, before you will doubt him - but where is your proof that Amed’s brownness had anything at all to do with the situation? I think you automatically jumped to that conclusion the second you became aware that he had darker skin and was muslim. Because of his ethnicity, you assume racism is the only possible explanation. Yet there are plenty of cases of white kids who’ve been arrested and/or suspended/expelled over much lesser offenses involving fake bombs or allusions to bombs. (i.e. Fart jokes, prop bombs, drawing a cartoon bomb - google it).

You’re correct that we missed a golden opportunity to publicly address the failures of zero tolerance policies, and it’s because people like you insist on obscuring the real, and addressable issue (in this case, zero tolerance policies), with your need to accuse others of racism whenever some minority is involved. Does accusing others of being “haters” make you feel better about yourself?

Ahmed is nothing but a prankster. He was NOT sent to the principal for having a bomb! This should be obvious because the school was not evacuated. He was sent to the principal for disrupting class - like so many other kids his age. This is a case of the simplest answer being the most likely one.

I find it racist that the kid’s ethnicity has made some people blind to the obvious - that a 14-year old got in trouble for pulling a prank.
    Last edited by Valli6; 10-06-2015 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    I'll eat a can of dog food if little ahmed made a real processor.
    It could be something like this:
    http://www.elenco.com/search/searchd...ainingkit=MjYw

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Well I don't really get why this kid needs to get put through the wringer. Who knows how smart he really is or isn't. There's nothing abnormal about a curious kid playing around with electronics. And there's nothing abnormal about one who does that romanticizing that what he's done is a bigger deal than it really is. The only reason he's being scrutinized is because he was foisted into the news by the school and police doing something they shouldn't have done. And like I've said all along, if he or his dad actually planned for that, then kudos to them for it.

DALLAS (Reuters) - The family of a Texas teenager, arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school that was mistaken for a bomb, demanded $15 million in damages and an apology from the city of Irving and its schools to avoid a lawsuit, lawyers said on Monday.

The lawyers represent the family of Ahmed Mohamed, 14, a Muslim student who dabbles in robotics and attended a Dallas-area high school. His arrest in September sparked controversy, with many saying he was taken into custody because of his religion.

In separate letters to the city of Irving, located west of Dallas, and the Irving Independent School District, lawyers said the ninth grader was wrongfully arrested, illegally detained and questioned without his parents.

The Mohamed family is asking for $10 million from the city and $5 million from the school district or they will file civil lawsuits within 60 days, the letter said.

"Understandably, Mr. Mohamed was furious at the treatment of his son – and at the rancid, openly discriminatory intent that motivated it," attorneys said in one of the letters.

City and school district officials were not immediately available for comment.

The boy's family said in October that they would be moving to Qatar and he had accepted an offer from the Qatar Foundation to study at its Young Innovators Program. The announcement came a few hours after he was at the White House for an astronomy night hosted by President Barack Obama.

Ahmed won support from Obama and other major U.S. figures, including Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg, who said "having the skill and ambition to build something cool should lead to applause, not arrest."

The family, now living in Doha, has also traveled the globe to meet foreign dignitaries.

Sudanese state radio reported that his father took him to meet Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir. The Sudanese leader is accused by the International Criminal Court of masterminding genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes during Sudan's Darfur conflict.

Despite several television appearances and worldwide travel, the Mohamed family insists the attention actually ruined their lives and eventually drove them out of the country, lawyers said.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Well I don't really get why this kid needs to get put through the wringer. Who knows how smart he really is or isn't. There's nothing abnormal about a curious kid playing around with electronics. And there's nothing abnormal about one who does that romanticizing that what he's done is a bigger deal than it really is. The only reason he's being scrutinized is because he was foisted into the news by the school and police doing something they shouldn't have done. And like I've said all along, if he or his dad actually planned for that, then kudos to them for it.
    Agree.
    There is no spoon.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The only reason he's being scrutinized is because he was foisted into the news by the school and police doing something they shouldn't have done.
    No, not the only reason. The real reason: he's an Arab and a Muslim. Self-hating whites are drawn to any alleged sob story about minority outsiders being mistreated like moths to a flame.

Racism!

Don't play dumb, everyone knows that's why this story became and remains a top-billing item.

Good thing we have such great, all-American lads like Ahmed to courageously innovate and experiment, and such dedicated anti-racists like erowe to valiantly protect him from any criticism. Woohoo, round of applause!

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    No, not the only reason. The real reason: he's an Arab and a Muslim. Self-hating whites are drawn to any alleged sob story about minority outsiders being mistreated like moths to a flame.

Racism!

Don't play dumb, everyone knows that's why this story became and remains a top-billing item.
    Explain how that happens without this kid having gotten arrested.

And while you're at it, explain how it's self-hatred for a white to oppose racism. Is being racist a duty white have to their race or something?

Explain how...

And while you're at it, explain how...
    I shall not explain anything to you. No one on this board shall ever explain anything to you. You already know everything. Attempting tautologically impossible feats is not a good use of my time.

Ahmed “Clock Kid” Mohamed Says he’s Homesick and Wants to Come Back to Texas

Ahmed “Clock Kid” Mohamed recently moved from the U.S. to Qatar after his “traumatic” experience with his little digital clock — the one that looked exactly like a bomb — but it seems all is not well in Islamic paradise.

Apparently the boy is homesick and wants to move back to Texas.

That didn’t take long.

From Breitbart:

Within days of demanding a total of $15 million from the City of Irving and the Irving Independent School District, “Clock Boy” Ahmed Mohamed announced in a long distance phone interview from Qatar, he is homesick and wants to come home to Texas now.

In October, Ahmed accepted a fully-funded education scholarship from the Qatar Foundation, an organization with reputed ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, over an invitation to MIT, which is among the most prestigious institutions of higher learning in the world. The family announced they would relocate to Qatar to accommodate his education, which they did.

Dallas’ KTVT 11 (CBS) interviewed the teen from halfway around the world over Facetime. Now, Ahmed claims he misses Texas. “I want to go back to a place where everyone knows me,” meaning the kids he grew up with. He also hinted a trip to Dallas may be in the works over the Christmas holiday. He told the CBS affiliate he is ready to come home and wants to do so immediately, but insists last week’s armed yet peaceful protest outside the Irving mosque stopped him.

Ahmed told the TV news outlet: “I was scared because I’ve heard what happened recently with, like, people with guns going to my local mosque,” adding: “…I mean, they have the right to do that but it’s scary because I’m afraid, you know.”
    The grass is always greener on the other side, isn’t it?

Mohamed and his family must be missing the freedom they enjoyed and took for granted over here, but hey, they’re the ones who decided to make a spectacle of themselves for the sake of fame and fortune, so I don’t really feel sorry for them.

Personally, I feel like his family made a choice when they left, and they should totally lie down in the bed they made. Choices have consequences, and there isn’t always an easy way out.

This seems to be a difficult lesson for these folks to learn.

http://www.youngcons.com/ahmed-clock...back-to-texas/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post

Racism!

Who's dumb?

It became a major story because haters could not stop talking about this kid and his non-invention and that he's a Muslim. Read this damned thread- it's YOU and your hatin' buddies that keep this story going and going and going, ad nauseam. It still hasn't stopped.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Who's dumb?

It became a major story because... he's a Muslim.
    That does not contradict my statement, which was, for review:

The real reason: he's an Arab and a Muslim.
    It cuts both ways! The reason it's a story is his race and religion, for both the right and the left. The conservatives predictably take the side of law and order, and the leftists predictably take the side of the "little guy," calling out the right for their racism. Or, from the perspective of the other side, the conservatives spew their hateful hatred like the xenophobic haters that they are, and the leftists abandon and attack any semblance of common sense, calling reasonable people who don't want their school bombed "racist".

Me, I think the whole thing is a scam: there's something fishy about the kid and his family. Conservatives can tolerate that point of view, because they are more tolerant. Leftists, being the intolerant zealots that they are, read that and just lump me in as an evil hateful racist, too. Everyone who disagrees with them in the slightest is a racist. If you are not taking the side of the minority in every single news story, you are a racist. End of story.

‘Clock Boy’ Ahmed Returns: Just Couldn’t Stay Away from Texas

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/...ay-away-texas/

28 Jun 2016

“Clock Boy” Ahmed returned to the United States late Monday afternoon, June 27, landing at the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport. Breitbart Texas reported the “homesick” teenager just couldn’t stay away from Texas. Ahmed, his parents, and siblings walked into the airport terminal greeted by a crowd of family and a hoard of TV news crews.
    KDFW 4 (Fox) reported the Mohamed family “alerted” the TV news outlet to the teen’s return. His grandmother flew in from the Sudan for this homecoming, according to the local Fox affiliate.

The teen and his family have been living in Qatar for the past nine months where he accepted a fully-funded education scholarship from the Qatar Foundation. Monday, Ahmed told reporters he came back for a summer internship with Twitter.

Ahmed also said Facebook, NASA, and even, MIT, the prestigious university he nixed in favor of attending the Qatari school, contacted him over social media, asking him to visit while he is stateside this summer.

He told KDFW 4 there is a 50/50 chance he will finish high school in the U.S. and not Qatar. However, the Dallas Morning News reported the teen plans to return to Qatar to finish high school and attending an American college remains a possibility. Conversely, KDFW 4 reported the teen said he definitely wants to go to a U.S. college.

“School was amazing over there,” the teen explained to the Dallas newspaper. Regardless of where he studies, he says his interests are coding, engineering and technology.

“It’s beautiful to be here in U.S.A,” added Ahmed’s father, Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed, who also spoke to news media. He told KDFW 4: “It is our home and it is our country and we love it.”

The patriotic sounding Mohamed patriarch, however, posted a controversial photo last September of the World Trade Center’s Twin Towers enveloped in smoke during the heinous 2001 terrorist attacks on his Sudanese National Reform party page, which Breitbart Texas reported. This post sourced to the Sudanese Military Establishment and asserted a truther philosophy that 9/11 was an inside job, calling these “so-called” events a “rumor.”

In October, the elder Mohamed, shared another 9/11 “truther” Facebook post in Arabic, musing the clock incident would lead to spreading Islam in America, as Breitbart Texas reported. This post contained troubling translated statements that furthered 9/11 conspiracy theories. Mohamed also claimed Islamophobia at the core of his son’s clock making troubles last year, something he appeared to dance around when speaking to reporters at DFW Airport Monday.

Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed said: “As you see, if there is something wrong, America will stand for it and that is what happened. Something was happening to my son. Everybody has a heart, has children, Something is wrong, so they stood for it,” according to the local Fox affiliate.

The teen told reporters he intends to make spending time with friends and family his first priority.

“Ahmed and his family have missed his grandmother, his aunts, uncles, cousins and friends here in Irving and across North Texas very much,” Uncle Aldean Mohamed said. “Ahmed and his nuclear family miss America and their whole family here in America very much.”

The uncle reconfirmed for KDFW 4 that the family still plans to sue for a total of $15 million — $10 million from the City of Irving and $5 million from the school district. In a 10-page demand letter to the City of Irving attorney and a similar 9-page letter to Irving Independent School District attorney last November, the family claimed “Islamophobia” among their clock related incident allegations.

Ahmed Mohamed skyrocketed to fame after bringing into MacArthur High School a homemade digital clock-in-a-box that resembled a “hoax bomb.” School officials and police initially detained him based on zero tolerance policies but no charges were ever filed once the situation sorted itself out. Ahmed got three days of out-of-school (OSS) suspension because of the school district’s Student Code of Conduct, which is based on the state’s 1995 Safe Schools Act and Chapter 37 of the Texas Education Code. It addresses threats, hoaxes, and perceived or discretionary threats and their harsh consequences. Still, progressive media propped him up as the Islamophobia poster child.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234