Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scott Walker About to drop out. Confirmed by FOX News

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Walker ran interference and led some tyranny-cheers, he'll be rewarded.

Did the boy even surge? lol
    He may have been promised something. Rumour has it, he is in jeopardy of being re-elected as governor.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-31-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    What else does he have to do? He's running
    Christie running.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Christie running.
    Haha

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I don't see Christie getting out anytime soon as he is term limited. What else does he have to do? He's running to try to get the AG job; or up his value as a lobbyist.
    Good point on Rudy Christie . . . he'll wait till Florida primary to throw in the towel.

Rand could sure use Walker's old podium spots on the debate stage . . .
    The next of the first tier debate candidates to drop out - Huckabee ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Christie running to McDonalds.
    FTFY

I supported Rand at first and then switched to Walker. He seemed like a somewhat inevitable, able to check off all the boxes, and while not exactly a libertarian by any stretch, would be sympathetic (unlike Bush or Christie). And I considered the problems of electing senators to the top executive office, not to mention the dire need to keep Rand in the Senate. I really thought Walker could pull it off and would win Iowa and NH and then go from there. I still believe that if he stayed in (barring Trump), he would have survived the monthly favorites. But alas.

This now leaves me with Rand, Trump, and maybe Cruz. Rand supporters are so monumentally delusional and I say this as a Ron supporter who insisted we could win for a long time (check my old posts). Rand just doesnt have the numbers, his charisma is even worse than his father, and his wishywashyness on some issues keeps people away. He went after the establishment and neocons and the libertarian base stayed where they are. The former wanted nothing to do with him and gathered around Rubio and Bush. Rand might be best advised to throw it in and endorse Cruz (I originally figured the reverse would happen). Cruz is things Rand should be, and has energy. Rand is like a doctor, not a politician. Nevertheless, I would understand wanting to hold out until December. If he is still polling below 5 and below Cruz, its time to toss it in.

Carly Fiorina does have some supporters and they are so ignorant of the issues. I have a friend who insists inspite of massive evidence to the contrary that she was a successful CEO. Shes nothing but a demographic candidate. I cant wait for her to collapse in a few weeks. Im not even sure where these people come from that say she won the debate.

Ben Carson fans creep me out. I dont understand them and why they like him. He is different, but he is not really interesting and always sounds like he is asleep. Politics is so bizarre.

Anyone who thinks Trump is going to go away has no idea what they are talking about. He has tapped a vein, struck a chord, hit a nerve. He is unpredictable, but if he does make it thru this circus of media favorites, he probably will end up the nominee. His support base comes from a group that has been ignored for decades by the establishment.

I am glad people have dropped out and hope more drop out so we can end this circus, but I am really sad that my candidate was not just of of them, but the second.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    When Freedom is Outlawed, only Outlaws will have Freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by juvanyal View Post
    He is unpredictable, but if he does make it thru this circus of media favorites, he probably will end up the nominee. His support base comes from a group that has been ignored for decades by the establishment.
    He is the real deal !

Quote Originally Posted by juvanyal View Post
    I am glad people have dropped out and hope more drop out so we can end this circus, but I am really sad that my candidate was not just of of them, but the second.
    Whaaat ?

You said that you once supported Rand. Maybe if the "once supported" people would start supporting him again, his numbers would go up, and his campaign would get new energy.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Quote Originally Posted by juvanya View Post
    I supported Rand at first and then switched to Walker. He seemed like a somewhat inevitable, able to check off all the boxes, and while not exactly a libertarian by any stretch, would be sympathetic (unlike Bush or Christie). And I considered the problems of electing senators to the top executive office, not to mention the dire need to keep Rand in the Senate. I really thought Walker could pull it off and would win Iowa and NH and then go from there. I still believe that if he stayed in (barring Trump), he would have survived the monthly favorites. But alas.

This now leaves me with Rand, Trump, and maybe Cruz. Rand supporters are so monumentally delusional and I say this as a Ron supporter who insisted we could win for a long time (check my old posts). Rand just doesnt have the numbers, his charisma is even worse than his father, and his wishywashyness on some issues keeps people away. He went after the establishment and neocons and the libertarian base stayed where they are. The former wanted nothing to do with him and gathered around Rubio and Bush. Rand might be best advised to throw it in and endorse Cruz (I originally figured the reverse would happen). Cruz is things Rand should be, and has energy. Rand is like a doctor, not a politician. Nevertheless, I would understand wanting to hold out until December. If he is still polling below 5 and below Cruz, its time to toss it in.

Carly Fiorina does have some supporters and they are so ignorant of the issues. I have a friend who insists inspite of massive evidence to the contrary that she was a successful CEO. Shes nothing but a demographic candidate. I cant wait for her to collapse in a few weeks. Im not even sure where these people come from that say she won the debate.

Ben Carson fans creep me out. I dont understand them and why they like him. He is different, but he is not really interesting and always sounds like he is asleep. Politics is so bizarre.

Anyone who thinks Trump is going to go away has no idea what they are talking about. He has tapped a vein, struck a chord, hit a nerve. He is unpredictable, but if he does make it thru this circus of media favorites, he probably will end up the nominee. His support base comes from a group that has been ignored for decades by the establishment.

You lost all credibility in ever being a Ron Paul supporter with that post.

How do you go from a Ron supporter to Walker? Because he pissed off the public unions in his state?
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    You said that you once supported Rand. Maybe if the "once supported" people would start supporting him again, his numbers would go up, and his campaign would get new energy.
    Its too late for that. The ship has sailed. He does have a lot of potential in the future. I dont think he expected to be jumping into a big circus like this. If you told all 17 of these people that they would join 16 others, half of them would not have bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyInNY View Post
    You lost all credibility in ever being a Ron Paul supporter with that post.
    Read my old posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieppa1 View Post
    How do you go from a Ron supporter to Walker? Because he pissed off the public unions in his state?
    Thats one thing, yes. Being a governor, he was a better mark for the presidency than a Senator. I also think Rand should remain in the Senate. The presidency is not as powerful as its thought to be.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Rand is fine tuning his message. Have you seen the recent RLC National Convention Speech? Rand is the real deal my friend compared to that clown you speak of touching a vein. Speaking of DT, he IS NOT going to be the nominee. He has solid 25% support (enough to win today in a 15 person race) right now but IF he makes it through Iowa and NH when the race dwindles down to 2 people in most cases, Trump gets clobbered by 30-40% on a 1 on 1 race with the top 5 Republican candidates minus Bush.

Trump makes zero sense to me. He just blabs a bunch of nonsense with insults while Rand is humble, calm, knows the issues and wants to actually build a bigger party unlike Trump who chases the masses away. Oh and Trump CAN"T win nationally with a 70% disapproval with Hispanics. There's not enough angry white low information voters (Rush Limbaugh's clan) of his to overcome that stat.

Speaking of that RLC event, can anyone get a thread started with Rand's amazing speech?
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Tell us more about how Rand went after the neocon support.

Last edited by CPUd; 10-09-2015 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Rand is fine tuning his message. Have you seen the recent RLC National Convention Speech?

Speaking of that RLC event, can anyone get a thread started with Rand's amazing speech?
    Indeed, that was an amazing speech!
    "I am commonly opposed to those who modestly assume the rank of champions of liberty, and make a very patriotic noise about the people. It is the stale artifice which has duped the world a thousand times, and yet, though detected, it is still successful."

--Fisher Ames (1789)

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Rand is fine tuning his message. Have you seen the recent RLC National Convention Speech? Rand is the real deal my friend compared to that clown you speak of touching a vein. Speaking of DT, he IS NOT going to be the nominee. He has solid 25% support (enough to win today in a 15 person race) right now but IF he makes it through Iowa and NH when the race dwindles down to 2 people in most cases, Trump gets clobbered by 30-40% on a 1 on 1 race with the top 5 Republican candidates minus Bush.

Trump makes zero sense to me. He just blabs a bunch of nonsense with insults while Rand is humble, calm, knows the issues and wants to actually build a bigger party unlike Trump who chases the masses away. Oh and Trump CAN"T win nationally with a 70% disapproval with Hispanics. There's not enough angry white low information voters (Rush Limbaugh's clan) of his to overcome that stat.
    Finetuning his message, its a little late for that when you are at 5%. The only people who will give him money now will be delusional cultic masses. And again, I am/was one of them to some extent. We have had this grand delusion for 8 9 years now that we can win magically when everyone wakes up. Ron came very very close in Iowa 2012, which would have unleashed the Kraken if followed by a win in New Hampshire. But it didnt pan out, and that was that. I agree that Rand is a great guy and on paper should be president (nevermind how utterly powerless the position actually is). Trump has led for 3 months and has not been stoppable by anything. He most likely will be the nominee at this point. If not him or Rand, who? Jeb at 5%? Possibly, but that ship seems to have sailed. The rest of these clowns are one hit wonders. Fiorina is already done. Rubio hasnt had his time, but he wont be the nominee. Carson is holding his own and tapping some veins, but hes just not cut from the cloth. Trump actually looks like a leader, a leader people have wanted for decades. An actual leader, not a policy wonk or a clown. On top of that he has hit upon the handful of issues that win the GOP elections. That is why he has a rock solid base of 25%, which can be built upon, especially once he is seen as a winner. No one in decades has won without winning Iowa or New Hampshire, so if he wins both, its over. And he is scheduled to win both.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Tell us more about how Rand went after the neocon support.

See 2011-2015, not the debate.

Where is our 25% in New Hampshire from 2012? Even looking at second choices and adding to Pauls total, its hard to get from 5% to even 10%. So where the heck did that go? Im technically one of those missing voters. The GOP does have to some extent of a line. Ron got in line in 2008 and was rewarded in 2012. Rand got in line this year, and probably will be rewarded handsomely in 2020 or 2024, altho he also has other contenders in that role such as Walker, Rubio, Cruz, and maybe Jindal.

Anyway, Rand ran away from his base to get some establishment support, and the establishment still wanted nothing to do with him, so there he lingers at 2%. Trump actually may help his future because he is very anti-establishment (as a candidate).

Finetuning his message, its a little late for that when you are at 5%. The only people who will give him money now will be delusional cultic masses. And again, I am/was one of them to some extent. We have had this grand delusion for 8 9 years now that we can win magically when everyone wakes up. Ron came very very close in Iowa 2012, which would have unleashed the Kraken if followed by a win in New Hampshire. But it didnt pan out, and that was that. I agree that Rand is a great guy and on paper should be president (nevermind how utterly powerless the position actually is). Trump has led for 3 months and has not been stoppable by anything. He most likely will be the nominee at this point. If not him or Rand, who? Jeb at 5%? Possibly, but that ship seems to have sailed. The rest of these clowns are one hit wonders. Fiorina is already done. Rubio hasnt had his time, but he wont be the nominee. Carson is holding his own and tapping some veins, but hes just not cut from the cloth. Trump actually looks like a leader, a leader people have wanted for decades. An actual leader, not a policy wonk or a clown. On top of that he has hit upon the handful of issues that win the GOP elections. That is why he has a rock solid base of 25%, which can be built upon, especially once he is seen as a winner. No one in decades has won without winning Iowa or New Hampshire, so if he wins both, its over. And he is scheduled to win both.

See 2011-2015, not the debate.

Where is our 25% in New Hampshire from 2012? Even looking at second choices and adding to Pauls total, its hard to get from 5% to even 10%. So where the heck did that go? Im technically one of those missing voters. The GOP does have to some extent of a line. Ron got in line in 2008 and was rewarded in 2012. Rand got in line this year, and probably will be rewarded handsomely in 2020 or 2024, altho he also has other contenders in that role such as Walker, Rubio, Cruz, and maybe Jindal.

Anyway, Rand ran away from his base to get some establishment support, and the establishment still wanted nothing to do with him, so there he lingers at 2%. Trump actually may help his future because he is very anti-establishment (as a candidate).
    You seem to be writing this thing off before any votes have been cast. Now that Walker is out, Iowa is wide open. Rand has an opportunity to win it outright instead of placing 2nd or 3rd. Trump will drop out in January 2016, as soon as he realizes he can't win NH.

Finetuning his message, its a little late for that when you are at 5%. The only people who will give him money now will be delusional cultic masses. And again, I am/was one of them to some extent. We have had this grand delusion for 8 9 years now that we can win magically when everyone wakes up. Ron came very very close in Iowa 2012, which would have unleashed the Kraken if followed by a win in New Hampshire. But it didnt pan out, and that was that.
    Um, dude. When you grow up, you might find that doing the right thing is it's own reward. You don't have to be declared to be on the winning side by Fox news to win by doing the right thing. You also win that little benefit of being able to look yourself in the mirror for the next four years.

So, if you wanted to teach a child to play chess, and you wanted that child to become interested in the game, would you play to win every time?

You think you have a crystal ball. My crystal ball is better than yours, and I see a few ways Rand Paul could win. I see more ways he could lose. But I also see something you seem to be in denial about. All the other major candidates in the race are exactly the same--just more Bush/Obama puppets--and if ANY of them wins WE lose.

Now, tell us again how losing is winning if we can honestly claim our secret ballot was for the person who got sworn in. I don't get it. Half the people will say, 'Maybe you cast your secret ballot for the winner and maybe you didn't.' And the other half will say, 'You fool, you voted for a clown.' Does it really make you feel good to have the morals of a sheep and the fortitude of a squirrel?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-15-2015 at 09:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

^ about the 4th time today I've tried to +rep you acptulsa, but I'm out.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123