Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Walker About to drop out. Confirmed by FOX News

Scott Walker About to drop out. Confirmed by FOX News

Another Gov bites the dust
    Last edited by robertwerden; 09-21-2015 at 02:12 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    Can only hope
    Well what else could he be holding a press conference for ?
    "I am a bird"

He's done, per NYT and others.

So did Trump destroy him, or was it all inevitable? Where did all his "supporters" go?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    So did Trump destroy him, or was it all inevitable?
    Inevitable, Scott Walker is lame.

So did Trump destroy him, or was it all inevitable? Where did all his "supporters" go?
    Not important. Just shows the opportunistic nature of many candidates. They hope they stick with no actual on the ground organization or support. More will follow. 2 down 13 to go ?
    "I am a bird"

He's probably all

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Walker was extremely well positioned heading in. Of all the candidates, he was the one I was most afraid of because if he was smart he could have stolen much of our base and been the standard bearer of the "anti-establishment" vote. But Walker handed his campaign over completely to Washington Insiders and inexplicably ran on a platform of "The Jeb Bush of the North". He got what he deserved.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Scott Walker just a few days ago: Police officers ‘are doing the right thing every day, all the time'.

He did this to himself.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

His poll support over the spring and summer was based on name and profile- he was a gov, won a recall during Tea Party Mania, and was not Bush. Once they put the cameras on him and started asking him questions, people were like WTF. He also had Iowa locked up, so the Trump did hasten his campaign's demise. Once the few donors he had saw how easily someone could take away Iowa, they stopped backing him.

Scott Walker Said to Be Quitting Presidential Race

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...idential-race/

Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin has concluded he no longer has a path to the Republican presidential nomination and plans to drop out of the 2016 campaign, according to three Republicans familiar with his decision, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Mr. Walker called a news conference in Madison at 6 p.m. Eastern time.

“The short answer is money,” said a supporter of Mr. Walker’s who was briefed on the decision. “He’s made a decision not to limp into Iowa.”

Mr. Walker’s intended withdrawal is a humiliating climb down for a Republican governor once seen as all but politically invincible. He started the year at the top of the polls but has seen his position gradually deteriorate, amid the rise of Donald J. Trump’s populist campaign and repeated missteps by Mr. Walker himself.

In the most recent CNN survey, Mr. Walker drew support nationally from less than one-half of one percent of Republican primary voters. He faced growing pressure to shake up his campaign staff, a step he was loath to take, according to Republicans briefed on his deliberations.

He couldn't thread the needle and keep both his donors and voters happy. Plus zero charisma of any kind.

http://ww w.cnn.com/2015/08/23/politics/scott-walker-donald-trump-birthright-citizenship-2016/
    Scott Walker on Sunday took his third position within seven days on Donald Trump's proposal to end birthright citizenship, this time saying he opposes Trump and supports the policy.

There were far too many people in this race to begin with, so this was bound to happen sooner or later, as you can't have 3 or 4 people running for each GOP niche and expect all of them to last long. Walker's primary problem is that in a debate setting he has all the charisma of a wet carrot based on his 2 performances. Granted, Jeb has the same problem, but unlike Walker, Jeb has a ton of establishment money backing him to lift him up whenever he stumbles and falls, which is incredibly often it seems. Another of Walker's problems was trying to be both establishment fair and an Evangelical dissenter at the same time, the latter category was already gobbled up by Cruz and Huckabee with Santorum picking up their scraps, whereas you have Bush, Rubio, and now Fiorina hogging up all the establishment money and votes.

Walker then tries to pivot and be an outsider, butting heads with Trump and Carson who are clearly more believable as outsiders given that they've never held office. Granted, nobody gets to be president without holding a higher office like Governor or Senator at some point, and I doubt this will ever change, so Trump and Carson will inevitably fade either way. Trump utterly destroyed Walker in the last debate, and I think part of why he got zero time was that CNN had already written him off and were likely asking themselves why they bothered having him in the debate.

I think the only reason why Rick Perry dropped out before Walker is because Perry is a complete dunderhead, whereas Walker is more of an indecisive pseudo-intellectual.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    "The Jeb Bush of the North"
    I thought that was Kasich?
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    I thought that was Kasich?
    I think the analogy works better for Kasich as well. Walker's problem was that he was trying to be both the Huckabee of the North as well as the Rubio of the North, and the 2 didn't go together, nor would choosing one over the other have been any better.

Walker's 25 supporters will probably go to Kasich.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoax View Post
    He couldn't thread the needle and keep both his donors and voters happy. Plus zero charisma of any kind.

Walker dropping out

Walker to drop out at 6pm est. tonight.

What does this mean (if anything) for Rand?

Source:
    http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...ial-race/?_r=0

Quote Originally Posted by Jonderdonk View Post

Source:
    He has a shot at winning Iowa instead of being top 3..

Give Walker some credit: A national CNN poll had him at 0% just yesterday, and he dropped out.

Many candidates with those national numbers (Graham, Santorum) just keep clinging and won't accept reality.

How is Graham still in??

Quote Originally Posted by Jonderdonk View Post

Source:
    Short term good.

Long term, the establishment is coalescing around one candidate. Perry's out, Walker's out. Graham's sure to follow and there hasn't even been a primary yet! Look for big money to start flowing to Jeb! and Rubio.

Problem is, the stage is littered with "anti-establishment" candidates: Carly, Trump, Carson and Cruz. All false choices. We need some of these fools to drop out so the liberty vote can center on Paul.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by logikal View Post
    How is Graham still in??
    McCain's +Media Attention. Plus the Western Media Wants War Mongers.

Cruz will be the main competition in Iowa. I think soon he will force Huck out of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Short term good.

Long term, the establishment is coalescing around one candidate. Perry's out, Walker's out. Graham's sure to follow and there hasn't even been a primary yet! Look for big money to start flowing to Jeb! and Rubio.

Problem is, the stage is littered with "anti-establishment" candidates: Carly, Trump, Carson and Cruz. All false choices. We need some of these fools to drop out so the liberty vote can center on Paul.
    Cruz isn't going anywhere... I think he's the biggest hurdle...

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Tim Pawlenty
    Bingo.

The similarities are striking: Both are fairly decent governors from the Upper Midwest. However, they possess bland personalities and fold like cheap tents when under media scrutiny. Both also dropped out before Iowa.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Shame.

He's the best of the moderates.

What ever happened to the money the Koch bros. were giving him? Who will they back now?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast