Thread: Rand Paul wins Mackinac Straw Poll

Rand Paul wins Mackinac Straw Poll

Last edited by carlton; 09-19-2015 at 09:29 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries
    Good news!!!!!

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Well obviously this straw pole was a joke and/or Mackinaw Island was bamboozled by Paulites <sarcasm> ... Or we just won't hear anything about it in the news cycle; and I live here in Michigan.
    Last edited by KEEF; 09-19-2015 at 10:36 PM.

My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Apple obviously this straw pole was a joke and/or Mackinaw Island was bamboozled by Paulites <sarcasm> ... Or we just won't hear anything about it in the news cycle; and I live here in Michigan.
    It's time to bring back that classic cliche quote, "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" and "It's Déjà vu All Over Again".

“With the exception of Fiorina, the results are almost the inverse relationship to the results of recent polls of likely Republican Party primary voters — which is sort of fascinating,” Mitchell added.
    yeah, sort of fascinating

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    It's time to bring back that classic cliche quote, "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" and "It's Déjà vu All Over Again".
    Yeah

the rEVOLution begins!

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Well too bad the weather was too bad for Walker to get up there, otherwise... Whoa, Walker would had walked over the rest of the competition <sarcasm>

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

As I said in the other thread, there was no concerted effort by CFL to get the Paul forces way up north to support him so it's possible that his speech (tonight) carried the day amongst the attendees. Just show up, speak and drive/win!

Well too bad the weather was too bad for Walker to get up there, otherwise... Whoa, Walker would had walked over the rest of the competition <sarcasm>
    Yeah, and two months ago Walker could walk on water. Things can change very quickly.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Rand Paul wins Michigan straw poll

Scott Walker finished with 2 percent. Walker, did not seriously compete in the straw poll. The Wisconsin governor had been scheduled to deliver a Saturday morning speech but cancelled because, his campaign said, inclement weather interrupted his flight plans.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Rand Paul wins Michigan straw poll

Scott Walker finished with 2 percent. Walker, did not seriously compete in the straw poll. The Wisconsin governor had been scheduled to deliver a Saturday morning speech but cancelled because, his campaign said, inclement weather interrupted his flight plans.
    Yeah, probably knew the writing was on the wall. Or in the ballot box

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    huge.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Send the Politico article to Drudge as news to get the news out there, I did.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Yeah, and two months ago Walker could walk on water. Things can change very quickly.
    Exactly, I mean when you literally can walk on water, a quick jog up the Lake Michigan coast line and through the Straights of Mackinaw shouldn't had been a problem

Exactly, I mean when you literally can walk on water, a quick jog up the Lake Michigan coast line and through the Straights of Mackinaw shouldn't had been a problem
    Walker didn't even poll enough to get 1% in the CNN poll recently done. I heard he is packing it up nationally and his campaign is going into Iowa in an attempt to make a comeback. Santorum lived there too for a while and was the media's replacement for Ron. We shall see Walker's outcome...
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Well obviously this straw pole was a joke and/or Mackinaw Island was bamboozled by Paulites <sarcasm> ... Or we just won't hear anything about it in the news cycle; and I live here in Michigan.
    Well of course we heard all about Mackinaw Island in the media. Every network talked about how Fiorina was being mobbed by the plebes like a celebrity.

Or were you talking about who won? No, of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Walker didn't even poll enough to get 1% in the CNN poll recently done. I heard he is packing it up nationally and his campaign is going into Iowa in an attempt to make a comeback. Santorum lived there too for a while and was the media's replacement for Ron. We shall see Walker's outcome...
    The Sunday Morning blather shows were all sticking forks in Walker to see if he's done yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

So how did this thing work? Does it show organization skill or what? If the ground game is working then this is good news.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    So how did this thing work? Does it show organization skill or what? If the ground game is working then this is good news.
    dunno, but for reference purposes: Ron got 3rd in 2007 and 4th in 2011.

MIchigan was a big deal in 2008, because the state party chair had aspirations for RNC chair, and had 0 tolerance for Ron Paul people. In 2012, even though they were running away with the nomination, Team Mitt considered it a must-win. As a consolation, that 2008 state party chair got crushed in his reelection for his RNC seat, and whatever national hopes he had went along with it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yea I'm sure these straw polls and trying to get them on Drudge will have as much of an impact on the election as it did for Ron Paul.

Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    dunno, but for reference purposes: Ron got 3rd in 2007 and 4th in 2011.
    Yeah, this win is no-joke. This is not mobs of college kids stuffing the ballot box. It's GOP insiders.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

This is the same straw poll McCain used as a launching pad for his campaign, and I think Romney won it last time.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    The Wisconsin governor had been scheduled to deliver a Saturday morning speech but cancelled because, his campaign said, inclement weather interrupted his flight plans.
    Yes, a category 3 $#@!storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    If he won because he turned the attendees that were already there (rather than bringing in his own grassroots), even better.