Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Media Can No Longer Pretend That Trump’s Racist Birtherism Is Old News

The Media Can No Longer Pretend That Trump’s Racist Birtherism Is Old News

http://www.thenation.com/article/the...m-is-old-news/

“We have a problem in this country, it’s called Muslims. We know our current president is one. You know, he’s not even an American. Birth certificate, man.” “Right,” Trump mumbled, then went for a laugh: “We need this question? This first question?”
    “But anyway,” the man added, “we have training camps…where they want to kill us.”
    “Uh huh,” Trump said.
    “That’s my question: When can we get rid of them?” the man said.
    Trump never corrected the guy by stating that president is an American and a Christian. But he did go on to throw it all into a pot of “things” said by “a lot of people.” “We’re going to be looking at a lot of different things, a lot of people are saying bad things are happening. We’re going to be looking at that and plenty of other things.” Watch him here:

Ok, give him a huge benefit of the doubt: Maybe he didn’t quite understand or hear the question. But then a second man rose up and said, “I applaud the gentleman who stood and said Obama is a Muslim born abroad and about the military camps, everyone knows that.”
    “Right,” Trump said, and then moved to another questioner.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is why people in general, and we in particular should stop talking about him. He should not be president, so we should just step back, take a deep breath, and let his candidacy die on the vine.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Oh don't worry it will be made the top news story a week or two before the IA caucus. Jeb will then be "surging" in the polls and win. Does nobody remember how this is done? It's the same thing every time.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Oh don't worry it will be made the top news story a week or two before the IA caucus. Jeb will then be "surging" in the polls and win. Does nobody remember how this is done? It's the same thing every time.
    What difference does it make which one of the tweedle dee candidates is surging if it's not Rand? All of the others are pretty much the same.

Not a fan of Trump and his rhetoric does come across as if he were a bag of hot air sometimes but if Trump were anti-muslim (or anti-arab racist), won't he have supported invasion of Iraq based on bogus claims?

There are racist bones still within our politicians (who are a reflection of the masses), but to the untrained eye many other "main stream" politicians seem bigger racists and yet media has been quiet about their violent bigotry that actually has translated into bloodbaths. Why is that?

DGP himself channels some racist policies and his puppet masters often seem to be blood thirsty racists looking at their mideast policies and support for oppressions abroad.

McCain

Incidentally, notorious Iraq war cheerleader John McCain had corrected one of his supporter making similar statement about Obama and as a result McCain was accused of being a bigot/racist by some afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRq6Y4NmB6U

Here was one reaction to McCain's alleged bigotry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9d-9GM9RGQ

CBS employees had not attcked McCain at the time.
    Although McCain makes stupid statements like above sometimes and unlike Trump had strongly supported Iraq revenge attack freedom invasion based on bogus claims, John McCain does not really appear to be a hardcore racist.

Hillary

Hillary "as far as I know" Clinton chimes in:

Clinton on Trump not challenging anti-Muslim questioner: 'I was appalled' CNN

Hillary Clinton Horrified by Obama Rumors Her Campaign Helped Create
    Hillary Clinton said today that it's just awful that Donald Trump is feeding into the idea that President Barack Obama is a ... “as far as I know.”.

Hillary Attacked Trump For Letting ‘Obama’s A Muslim’ Comments Go. Then This Photo Surfaced…
    Clinton campaign released a picture of Barack Obama in a turban during a 2006 visit to Kenya, apparently to encourage the rumors about his connections to Islam.

Monday 25 February 2008 16.50 EST
    Barack Obama's campaign team today accused Hillary Clinton's beleaguered staff of mounting a desperate dirty tricks operation by circulating a picture of him in African dress, feeding into false claims on US websites that he is a Muslim.
    Obama's campaign manager, David Plouffe, described it as "the most shameful, offensive fear-mongering we've seen from either party in this election". Obama has had to spend much of the campaign stressing he is a Christian not a Muslim and did not study at a madrassa.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/200...hillaryclinton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHFREDHB-nQ

Trump declines to correct man who says Obama is Muslim

Obama was (probably) born in Kenya. but it is too late to matter.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Obama was (probably) born in Kenya. but it is too late to matter.
    Ted Cruz was born in Canada to.

The guy was a $#@!ing plant. Get over it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William R View Post
    The guy was a $#@!ing plant. Get over it.
    Source?

Better. Pics.

LOL come on guys Donald Trump isn't a Democrat or a racist anymore, he has changed his views on things dramatically in the last year. Either that or he is having a end- life crisis and while most of us plebs will buy a motorcycle or sports car he wants to buy an election.

Is Donald a racist for criticizing Obama over his eligibility, or lack thereof, and not criticizing Cruz who WAS born in Canada and has a Canadian birth certificate?

RVO˩UTION

The Media Can No Longer Pretend That Trump’s Racist Birtherism Is Old News
    Either you're higher than a kite or you're living in an alternate universe.......

The MSM will tell you what reality is and you'll like it.

Looks like tronalddump has undergone some behavior modification:

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    Is Donald a racist for criticizing Obama over his eligibility, or lack thereof, and not criticizing Cruz who WAS born in Canada and has a Canadian birth certificate?
    Cruz was an American at birth no matter where he was born on account of his mother. Obama needed to be born in America or he wouldn't have been an American. So no comparison there.

I think it was more likely than not that Obama was in fact born in America, but the fact Obama lied and fabricated so many of the details of his life (and especially the period covering his birth and younger years) in his book is the reason why people are so reluctant to believe it. The media plays in to it to by never reporting Obama's lies or the possible reasons for why he felt the need to lie, so when regular folks look in to it themselves and realize the media has been overseeing this huge cover up, they conclude that the "birther" theory must be true.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    “We’re going to be looking at a lot of different things, a lot of people are saying bad things are happening. We’re going to be looking at that and plenty of other things.”
    Geez, this guy really is President Camacho.

http://www.thenation.com/article/the...m-is-old-news/

“We have a problem in this country, it’s called Muslims. We know our current president is one. You know, he’s not even an American. Birth certificate, man.” “Right,” Trump mumbled, then went for a laugh: “We need this question? This first question?”
    “But anyway,” the man added, “we have training camps…where they want to kill us.”
    “Uh huh,” Trump said.
    “That’s my question: When can we get rid of them?” the man said.
    Trump never corrected the guy by stating that president is an American and a Christian. But he did go on to throw it all into a pot of “things” said by “a lot of people.” “We’re going to be looking at a lot of different things, a lot of people are saying bad things are happening. We’re going to be looking at that and plenty of other things.” Watch him here:

Ok, give him a huge benefit of the doubt: Maybe he didn’t quite understand or hear the question. But then a second man rose up and said, “I applaud the gentleman who stood and said Obama is a Muslim born abroad and about the military camps, everyone knows that.”
    “Right,” Trump said, and then moved to another questioner.

Looks like now racist Ben Carson wants a piece of this "anti-muslim racism" limelight too:

Republican candidate Carson says Muslims unfit to be U.S. president

Never underestimate the power of the media to pretend.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Looks like now racist Ben Carson wants a piece of this "anti-muslim racism" limelight too:

Republican candidate Carson says Muslims unfit to be U.S. president
    Carson is channeling the people who voted for Santorum in 2012. I bet you without even reading into the context of this conversation he was trying to portray that he wants someone like me, a god fearing good Christian for president. Its not even that bad of a strategy to push look how many people on here think this.

The problem he will face though is he has to really sell it 24/7 that he is being earnest, and he has to be a vague-enough Christian that different shades of Christians can relate to and not that religious zealot type of Christian that Santorum had to become to lock down their support in 2012. He also risks portraying himself as 2016's power broker for the mainstream candidate. That base has wised up to that recently and he will have to do double duty attacking the establishment candidates or he will risk losing all of his base by looking like some sort of proxy candidate or somebodies second fiddle.

Carson is channeling the people who voted for Santorum in 2012. I bet you without even reading into the context of this conversation he was trying to portray that he wants someone like me, a god fearing good Christian for president. Its not even that bad of a strategy to push look how many people on here think this.

The problem he will face though is he has to really sell it 24/7 that he is being earnest, and he has to be a vague-enough Christian that different shades of Christians can relate to and not that religious zealot type of Christian that Santorum had to become to lock down their support in 2012. He also risks portraying himself as 2016's power broker for the mainstream candidate. That base has wised up to that recently and he will have to do double duty attacking the establishment candidates or he will risk losing all of his base by looking like some sort of proxy candidate or somebodies second fiddle.
    Is Ben Carson a bigot/racist?

Is Ben Carson a bigot/racist?
    I don't know any public figures well enough to presume to know their true intentions/values. If I were to judge, based on my own bias/worldview and skepticism of politicians I see him as being very disingenuous to say the least. In fact the more he portrays himself as being some holier than thou Christian the more I see him as a televangelist rather than a politician or even a true christian. On that I mean he is someone who isn't above taking advantage of people who are more trusting than not as long as the ends justify the means of what they want to accomplish.

As a pessimist when I see a person who wears their christian religion on their sleeve I see it in black and white. Either you are trying to fool the world, or you are trying to fool yourself, and since I consider Carson as someone who is probably smarter than I am I assume he is fooling others. It's usually someone with a weaker character who needs to justify their lives as someone who is trying to serve a higher purpose.

In my mind its not enough to want to do good just because you get to eat sky cake after you die, you should want to do good because you want to make this world a better place and not because you want to go to a better place later, and I think true Christians live that way so they don't have anything to prove to anyone and they don't need to walk around telling people how much they love god every day or how much they are praying for you they are the people that just do good and live good and in their spare time they might even meet at a building with other like minded people once a week and tell themselves every day that they want good things to happen to people they love and they try to love everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Cruz was an American at birth no matter where he was born on account of his mother. Obama needed to be born in America or he wouldn't have been an American. So no comparison there.

I think it was more likely than not that Obama was in fact born in America, but the fact Obama lied and fabricated so many of the details of his life (and especially the period covering his birth and younger years) in his book is the reason why people are so reluctant to believe it. The media plays in to it to by never reporting Obama's lies or the possible reasons for why he felt the need to lie, so when regular folks look in to it themselves and realize the media has been overseeing this huge cover up, they conclude that the "birther" theory must be true.
    I'm not sure how many times and how many threads I have to keep correcting you on this.

Ted Cruz is a naturalized citizen. As you've said, " Naturalization by definition is the process by which a non-citizen becomes a citizen". Ted Cruz did have to go through a process before retaining US citizenship and he should have legal documents to back his claims to US citizenship. You said " Cruz though, did meet the statutory obligations."; but what evidence do you have of that? He's released only his Canadian birth certificate which is not a legal US document, and has not released any proof that his mother met statutory requirements and that the State Dept. did indeed grant him with US citizenship. That's beside the point though. Ted Cruz may very well be eligible to US citizenship at or after birth (but before the statutory age limit). However, he is only made a citizen through statutes of Immigration and Nationality Acts. No Natural Born Citizen would have to look to Immigration laws to retain US citizenship; only naturalized citizens such as Ted Cruz.

Supreme Court Justices in Rogers v Bellei concluded that Bellei, like Cruz born to a US citizen mother and alien father abroad on foreign soil, were only afforded US citizenship because of Congressional action or Congressional generosity, that their citizenship could be revoked by Congress through statute, that they did go through a naturalization process, and that they were not covered by the 14th Amendments definition of a "person born or naturalized in the United States..".

US Citizenship and Immigration Services have held on several occasions, in similar instances, that:
    ""When there is a claim of citizenship . . . one born abroad is presumed to be an alien and must go forward with evidence to establish his claim to United States citizenship." Matter of Tijerina-Villarreal, 13 I&N Dec.327, 330 (BIA 1969) (citations omitted)

Ted Cruz is afforded citizenship via the Art I Sec 8 powers granted to congress to create Uniform Rules of NATURALIZATION
    If his citizenship is derived solely through naturalization acts of the Immigration law, than how can you say he's not a naturalized citizen? And what proof is there that his parents even met the requirements of the law to to retain US citizenship for him?
    Last edited by notsure; 09-20-2015 at 01:08 PM.
    RVO˩UTION

Even a host at MSNBC is saying the guy was a plant to make Trump look bad. Rest assured MSNBC is no friend of Trump

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Even a host at MSNBC is saying the guy was a plant to make Trump look bad. Rest assured MSNBC is no friend of Trump
    Well if MSNBC is saying it it must be true.

I don't know any public figures well enough to presume to know their true intentions/values. ....
    So you don't "presume to know their true intentions/values" when it comes to calling Ben Carson's behavior as racist or bigoted.. but apparently you know well enough to presume to know their true intentions/values in case of Trump as you put the term "racist" in the thread title?

"The Media Can No Longer Pretend That Trump’s Racist Birtherism Is Old News"

To the untrained eye, this comes across as double standard.

It seems you are calling Carson dishonest above if I'm reading your view right. BTW, do your views about Ben Carson above align with those libs who called him "Uncle Tom"?

So you don't "presume to know their true intentions/values" when it comes to calling Ben Carson's behavior as racist or bigoted.. but apparently you know well enough to presume to know their true intentions/values in case of Trump as you put the term "racist" in the thread title?

"The Media Can No Longer Pretend That Trump’s Racist Birtherism Is Old News"

To the untrained eye, this comes across as double standard.

It seems you are calling Carson dishonest above if I'm reading your view right. BTW, do your views about Ben Carson above align with those libs who called him "Uncle Tom"?
    ahah character assassination I knew I was being presumptions when I thought you wanted to ask me a genuine question and have an honest discussion with me. The OP is a copy pasta from the article because I know some of us RPF's don't like clicking links to read an article.

“I’m not sure if was a plant,” Dana Perino said"

Now it must be true that it was a plant because Fox's the five told me that they weren't a plant in that video?
    Last edited by nikcers; 09-20-2015 at 02:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast