Thread: Should We Listen to Dick Cheney?

Should We Listen to Dick Cheney?

Nope.

Published on Sep 18, 2015
    Antiwar.com columnist Lucy Steigerwald joins the Ron Paul Liberty Report to discuss Dick Cheney's new book, "Exceptional: Why the World Needs a Powerful America." The neocons never give up...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nevah.......

Unless you are out shooting, if Cheney says "pull" its time to DUCK!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

You should if you love endless wars, wounded vets, refugees from countries we destroyed, etc.

If Dick Cheney says anything, there's a 99% chance it's wrong.

Dick Cheney is a good hunter from what I recall. He always hits his mark.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Dick Cheney is a good hunter from what I recall. He always hits his mark.
    A man who shoots lawyers can't be all bad.

Nobody should be listening to Dick Cheney or his stupid daughter.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LIZ CHENEY ought to be listened to, also. KEEP IN MIND SHE MIGHT DO A POTUS RUN OR TWO OR THREE. Same can be said about RAND PAUL. Agreeing totally with LIZ CHENEY or any other politician of the hour begs a question. KLUDGE once referred to Rand's neat little senatorial forum area as the "kiddie" forum that has had some quite appropriate parental controls placed on it.

i see it this way.... BIDEN may choose to retire after one term. He was born in 1942, in 2024 he will be 82 years of age. Easily one third of the voters who vote often and for a Democrat wanted BERNIE to be where Joe is right now. Thing is, i expect an active string of primaries concerning both of the very large political parties who dominate the political landscape. PENCE even has POTOMAC fever and now perhaps hypothetically thinks THAHHH DONALD is the Anti-Christ from a very ancient prophesy...he worries about his flock being corrupted by the man. This all makes 2024 complicated. KAMELA VERSES BERNIE on one side, MIKE VERSES THAHHH DONALD on the other....as JOE BIDEN HAS ME THINKING OF JAMES MICHAEL CURLEY AND GOVERNOR AL SMITH FROM NEW YORK STATE.

QUOTE "About the Archive
    This is a digitized version of an article from The Times’s print archive, before the start of online publication in 1996. To preserve these articles as they originally appeared, The Times does not alter, edit or update them.
    Occasionally the digitization process introduces transcription errors or other problems; we are continuing to work to improve these archived versions.

Only people old enough to suffer from memory lapses are apt to remember James Michael Curley, who, between World War I and World War II, was elected Mayor of Boston four times, Congressman four times and Governor of Massachusetts once, and who spent a brief spell in jail during his last term in City Hall, for a mail fraud incident. "Scandalous Mayor," tonight's somewhat sentimental offering from "The American Experience," at 9 on Channels 13 and 49, catches a style of politicking that has gone the way of vaudeville.

Curley, whose parents came to America around the turn of the century on what he called the Irish Mayflower, was a champion of the immigrants in a city controlled by descendants of people who had come over on the real Mayflower, more or less. Movie shorts of the period picture the Irish as happy-go-lucky clowns, not so different from the stereotype of blacks.

Curley rode into office on class tensions, labeling as goo-goos the good-government opponents who kept investigating him. He never went beyond fourth grade, and for all his reading of Shakespeare and lessons in diction and etiquette, he could not shake off the title of lowbrow mayor of a highbrow city. But he had the gift of words that went down well in Boston's wards.

In office he laid on public works in the form of hospitals, parks, beaches, schools -- a legacy that Bostonians continue to enjoy. The general assumption that he was taking kickbacks from contractors did nothing to hurt his popularity among the people who received jobs and sometimes handouts. Tonight's well-written narration places Curley in a tradition of politico as part godfather, part social worker. "Here comes himself," his constituents would call when the Mayor strutted by." UNQUOTE