Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Rand Paul on Face the Nation w/ John Dickerson 9/20/15

[Video] Rand Paul on Face the Nation w/ John Dickerson 9/20/15

update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=3&v=e4jDJhpLUqQ

--

And days after the fireworks at the second Republican primary debate, we'll also sit down with Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, who's seeking the 2016 Republican presidential nomination. We'll ask him about his own campaign, the state of the GOP race, and how he hopes to break through the noise and emerge as a real contender.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sunday-hillary-clinton/
    Last edited by jct74; 09-20-2015 at 09:46 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Campaign would do good to have a sit down interview, if it is filmed as advertised in the cbs link - rather than through the camera and mics during his weekday job on Capitol Hill.Probably taped on Saturday, shown on Sunday and assures Rand starts the week in the news cycle . . . good for upcoming polling certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    . . . good for upcoming polling certainly.
    Currently polling doesn't mean anything. I thought Trump would have imploded by the end of September yet he still holds a pretty strong lead. Carson took a hit the other night while Carly will rise because the media has been pumping her for a month now. Also, in 2011 there were 21 debates before Iowa which allowed a lot of movements up and down candidates. This year, according to Rove in a WSJ article I read yesterday said that there are only 4 more debates this year and I think 3 debates in Feb. That's it.

So it might take a while longer before Trump implodes. Even Rove thinks he will. Time will tell but right now this ignorant voters like the school kid brat style attitude with an empty suit. Regardless, plenty of time before this race is truly settled. Ron was at 3% all the way through up until Dec and in Iowa he took the lead at 24%. And all hell broke lose within the establishment and fake conservative talk radio heads.

Breitbart is reporting a poll that shows Rand has the lowest favorable at 38%. Trump increased his lead. Carly increased and Carson is going down. Rubio went up a bit and everyone else is 6% or below.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

I personally do not think favorability/unfavorabililty mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mello View Post
    Is there a youtube yet?
    The broadcast is in the morning, few hours from now.

favorable/unfavorable doesn't mean much, most people will pick their favorite and put unfavorable for the rest on telephone polls

Bump, Rand will be on soon

Also:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They give Hillary nearly 30 minutes and when it's on CBS for everyone, and Rand will be on last half the show when some cbs stations switch to a different program... of course I'm one of the "some" that is switching so I can't see Rands interview. Just switched to some random show that is no longer face the nation

Was Rand on yet?
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.
    And I love the message of liberty!

If not, here is a working live-stream:

http://www.time4tv.com/2013/08/cbs.php (Stream 2)

(Careful, maybe ad-/malware included, no expert on that)
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.
    And I love the message of liberty!

He was on and was awesome but only got 8 minutes to Hillarys 30 minutes.

He hit her hard and sounded rational and concise on his stances, came across very presidential.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusI View Post
    Was Rand on yet?
    I assume so, sounded like Rand was going to be on at 11am est, right as some markets switched to a different show. My CBS station switched at that time, so I don't really know, hopefully someone will provide a tube soon. If not, I think the show is rebroadcasted on CBSN at 2 pm est

And their dumbass panel didn't even mention Rand. Talked about hilliary, the republican debate, asked "is Trump almost over", said, "Walker is over" and proclaimed that Rubio is really wonderful.

Rand did a good job, great interview.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by liberty_nc View Post
    favorable/unfavorable doesn't mean much, most people will pick their favorite and put unfavorable for the rest on telephone polls
    Actually it is one of the worst categories to be low in. It directly reflects that Rand won't be a second choice to a large percentage. It can change, as Trump turned it around but Rand is going in the wrong direction.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    I personally do not think favorability/unfavorabililty mean anything.
    Most certainly the favorable and unfavorables matters. It's extremely hard to win if your favorables aren't above 50% or if your unfavorables are higher than your favorables.

Remember, Ron had 50-60% favorables in Dec. of 2011 when he took the lead in Iowa. That scared the crap out of the establishment and the elites gave right wing talk radio their marching orders to go nuclear on Ron. Everyone of them DID just that and brought out that issue of Ron Paul's newsletter that someone else wrote in it. Ron's national favorables tanked to around 40% maybe a little less. After Iowa Ron was done because the media took him out, only a miracle could have saved his campaign.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Good job by Rand.

Why are his favorables so low? I certainly don't get it. I guess all the republicans being polled want someone who'll bomb Iran???

Quote Originally Posted by 01000110 View Post
    Good job by Rand.

Why are his favorables so low? I certainly don't get it. I guess all the republicans being polled want someone who'll bomb Iran???
    In a nutshell.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

I just don't know why Republicans are digging their heels in on the Muslims. This demographic tends to be libertarian on foreign policy and economics. They live in purple states. They pay attention to current events even if they stay away from the ballot box. Bush got their vote in 2000 and they never voted for the Republican nominee again. If this becomes an issue in 2016 they could break for Bernie or Hillary in blocs.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I just don't know why Republicans are digging their heels in on the Muslims. This demographic tends to be libertarian on foreign policy and economics. They live in purple states. They pay attention to current events even if they stay away from the ballot box. Bush got their vote in 2000 and they never voted for the Republican nominee again. If this becomes an issue in 2016 they could break for Bernie or Hillary in blocs.
    Republicans don't want libertarian on foreign policy.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Four hours of Sunday morning blather, and only eight minutes of it made any sense at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Great interview! One of the best in some time. Share this around!
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Republicans don't want libertarian on foreign policy.
    Not even Rand, it seems.

Unfavorable is weird. He's generally straight forward and doesn't come across as arrogant. Many policies are populist in nature, so why the hate?

Rand did great.

You can tell he is in the zone if he can keep this energy up he will become an unstoppable force.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Not even Rand, it seems.
    Rand tried to move toward the majority opinion on foreign policy and it didn't work. Pretty much every hawk republican know what most libertarians don't, Rand WILL govern more non interventionist than he campaigns.

Majority opinion is war but people are getting tired of it fast. If he's serious about building a coalition, he needs to unite people behind a message that resonates with all voter groups and that message is going to be anti-war pretty soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast