Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump declines to correct man who says Obama is Muslim

Trump declines to correct man who says Obama is Muslim

Why so many Americans don't trust Obama when he claims that he is a Christian?
    Please brief answers only.

September 17, 2015, 10:13 PM Trump declines to correct man who says Obama is Muslim

Last Updated Sep 17, 2015 10:36 PM EDT

Updated with response from Donald Trump's campaign.

ROCHERSTER, N.H. - Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump declined Thursday to correct a questioner at a 3,000 person rally who incorrectly stated that President Barack Obama is Muslim and said he'd be "looking at" claims of terrorist training camps on American soil.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-de...ama-is-muslim/

Related

54% of GOP Believe 'Deep Down' Obama Is a Muslim, Only 45% of Dems Believe Obama Is Christian

Obama cancelled trip to Sikh temple for fear of looking moslem in photos

Obama's grandmother visits Makkah
    Al Arabiya
    Apr 24, 2015 - Sara Omar, paternal grandmother of President Obama, attended an exhibition detailing the life of the Prophet Mohammad in Saudi Arabia.
    http://english.alarabiya.net/en/vari...n-Makkah-.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The line that exists between being a black liberation theologian and a member of the Nation of Islam is actually extremely blurry, and it's not uncommon for people to play musical chairs between being a member of the Nation of Islam and being some sort of radical "Christian" pastor that dabbles in communism or some other form of left-wing politics, particularly the UCC given that congregationalist churches don't have checks and balances against tyrannical pastors both locally or via outer terms of communion. Granted, when people think of Obama actually being a Muslim they are thinking more along the lines of the more orthodox kind in North Africa, which is a bit different than the Nation of Islam in terms of doctrine and politics.

I don't know for certain that Obama is himself a Muslim or not, and it's pretty difficult to be certain. However, one thing that I am pretty confident in saying is that given his really terrible grasp of systematic theology and his occasional mockery of specific parts of the synoptic gospels that he is either an agnostic, or at the very least, leaning in more of a liberal theological direction. I don't think Christopher Hitchens was too off based when suggesting that Obama is probably an unbeliever, at least insofar as Christian orthodoxy is concerned.

Obama is most likely an atheist or agnostic who goes to church a couple times a year for PR purposes.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

I think he lies all the time....and I am now thinking he just might be.....
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Are the Right Wingers forgetting that one?

Trump has no obligation to defend Obama.

Trump doesn't bother to correct Trump. Why would he correct some other guy?

Watch one of his speeches and you'll hear more ignorance and misinformation than you can handle and that's before the audience asks any questions.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We talk about Jeremiah wright when it suits our needs.

How does this journalist know anything about Obama's faith? They should just report what happened without interjecting "incorrectly" in the sentence reporting that someone called Obama a Muslim.

And how is this news anyway? What's Trump supposed to do, take on the responsibility of telling people what Obama's secret beliefs are or are not?

How did correcting the public misinformation become one of Trump's jobs?

The question from this alleged supporter was ridicules.

"THEY GOT TRAINING CAMPS IN AMERICA"

That guy is a true fox news watcher.

"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter." -- Winston Churchill

Obama is an atheist. But he doesn't acknowledge that publicly and since he is particularly hostile towards Christianity while at the same time being very sympathetic to Islam, you can understand why people peg him as a Muslim rather than an Atheist.

Trump declines to correct man who says Obama is Muslim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    How did correcting the public misinformation become one of Trump's jobs?
    Interesting point.
    CBS owners' employee's headline above suggests that they have factual knowledge about Obama's faith. Then question arises how do CBS owners/employees know about the validity of below claims by Obama? Do they see Obama as a truth teller on everything?

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    I think he lies all the time....and I am now thinking he just might be.....
    Even if 54% of Republicans are right and Obama is indeed a secret muslim, he comes across as a moderate.

Incidentally, notorious Iraq war cheerleader John McCain had corrected one of his supporter making similar statement about Obama and as a result McCain was accused of being a bigot/racist by some afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRq6Y4NmB6U

Here was one reaction to McCain's alleged bigotry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9d-9GM9RGQ

CBS employees had not attcked McCain at the time.
    Although McCain makes stupid statements like above sometimes and unlike Trump had strongly supported Iraq revenge attack freedom invasion based on bogus claims, John McCain does not really appear to be a hardcore racist.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Obama is an atheist. But he doesn't acknowledge that publicly and since he is particularly hostile towards Christianity while at the same time being very sympathetic to Islam, you can understand why people peg him as a Muslim rather than an Atheist.
    I would say that Obama being some strain of atheist or agnostic is probably more likely, I came to this conclusion after hearing that crack about people in rural Pennsylvania "Clinging to their guns and religion" and him mocking Christ's Sermon on the Mount during a campaign appearance in California, not to mention some of the things he's said in his book Dreams From My Father. I absolutely loathe Christopher Hitchens, but he had Obama pegged right from the get go, and the only reason why I don't fully discount some kind of Islamic slant to his outlook is because of how much of his extended family is Muslim and the fact that his former "pastor" Jeremiah Wright had a history with The Nation of Islam.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    How does this journalist know anything about Obama's faith? They should just report what happened without interjecting "incorrectly" in the sentence reporting that someone called Obama a Muslim.

And how is this news anyway? What's Trump supposed to do, take on the responsibility of telling people what Obama's secret beliefs are or are not?
    Good point and question.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    I would say that Obama being some strain of atheist or agnostic is probably more likely, I came to this conclusion after hearing that crack about people in rural Pennsylvania "Clinging to their guns and religion" and him mocking Christ's Sermon on the Mount during a campaign appearance in California, not to mention some of the things he's said in his book Dreams From My Father. I absolutely loathe Christopher Hitchens, but he had Obama pegged right from the get go, and the only reason why I don't fully discount some kind of Islamic slant to his outlook is because of how much of his extended family is Muslim and the fact that his former "pastor" Jeremiah Wright had a history with The Nation of Islam.
    Very interesting analysis.
    Your post reminded me of these news :

Since winning election, Obama seems to have disowned his Pastor of 20 years. Incidentally, this is what he said in 2008:

"I Can No More Disown Jeremiah Wright Than I Can The Black Community" Candidate Obama (2008)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF9v6wrRKaM

Obama's ex Pastor Rev. Wright suggests Obama is a puppet of bankers

Rev. Jeremiah Wright's Daughter Indicted for Alleged Money Laundering

April 11, 2013

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/rev-jeremiah-wright-daughter-indicted-alleged-money-laundering/story?id=18932843

Since yesterday, this "news" has been top headline on google news. Amazing.

Hillary "as far as I know" Clinton chimes in:

Clinton slams Trump for not challenging questioner who called Obama a Muslim
    Washington Post - ‎2 hours ago‎
    DURHAM, N.H. -- Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Rodham on Friday denounced Republican front-runner Donald Trump for not challenging an audience member in a rally Thursday night who said that President Obama is Muslim ...

Clinton on Trump not challenging anti-Muslim questioner: 'I was appalled' CNN

In related news:

Hillary Clinton Horrified by Obama Rumors Her Campaign Helped Create
    Hillary Clinton said today that it's just awful that Donald Trump is feeding into the idea that President Barack Obama is a ... “as far as I know.”.

Hillary Attacked Trump For Letting ‘Obama’s A Muslim’ Comments Go. Then This Photo Surfaced…
    Clinton campaign released a picture of Barack Obama in a turban during a 2006 visit to Kenya, apparently to encourage the rumors about his connections to Islam.

Monday 25 February 2008 16.50 EST
    Barack Obama's campaign team today accused Hillary Clinton's beleaguered staff of mounting a desperate dirty tricks operation by circulating a picture of him in African dress, feeding into false claims on US websites that he is a Muslim.
    Obama's campaign manager, David Plouffe, described it as "the most shameful, offensive fear-mongering we've seen from either party in this election". Obama has had to spend much of the campaign stressing he is a Christian not a Muslim and did not study at a madrassa.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/200...hillaryclinton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHFREDHB-nQ

Trump should simply reply, "as I said before, I don't have time for political correctness, and neither does this country anymore. It's one thing for you guys in the media to press the establishment line, but it's not my job to help you guys out in shaming and marginalizing anybody who expresses a dissenting opinion. I've got better things to do than help you guys bully everybody into conforming with mainstream opinion."
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Where was the great Christian Barack Obama baptized?

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Why so many Americans don't trust Obama when he claims that he is a Christian?
    Please brief answers only.

September 17, 2015, 10:13 PM Trump declines to correct man who says Obama is Muslim

Last Updated Sep 17, 2015 10:36 PM EDT

Updated with response from Donald Trump's campaign.

ROCHERSTER, N.H. - Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump declined Thursday to correct a questioner at a 3,000 person rally who incorrectly stated that President Barack Obama is Muslim and said he'd be "looking at" claims of terrorist training camps on American soil.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-de...ama-is-muslim/

Related

54% of GOP Believe 'Deep Down' Obama Is a Muslim, Only 45% of Dems Believe Obama Is Christian

Obama cancelled trip to Sikh temple for fear of looking moslem in photos

Obama's grandmother visits Makkah
    Al Arabiya
    Apr 24, 2015 - Sara Omar, paternal grandmother of President Obama, attended an exhibition detailing the life of the Prophet Mohammad in Saudi Arabia.
    http://english.alarabiya.net/en/vari...n-Makkah-.html

My definition of one who condones the slaughter of a baby during a late term or partial birth abortion is the opposite of what I call Christian.

Barack Hussein Obama isn't a muslim, sure... Haha
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

20 quotes from Obama regarding Islam:
    #1 “The future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam”

#2 “The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer”

#3 “We will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over the centuries to shape the world — including in my own country.”

#4 “As a student of history, I also know civilization’s debt to Islam.”

#5 “Islam has a proud tradition of tolerance.”

#6 “Islam has always been part of America”

#7 “we will encourage more Americans to study in Muslim communities”

#8 “These rituals remind us of the principles that we hold in common, and Islam’s role in advancing justice, progress, tolerance, and the dignity of all human beings.”

#9 “America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.”

#10 “I made clear that America is not – and never will be – at war with Islam.”

#11 “Islam is not part of the problem in combating violent extremism – it is an important part of promoting peace.”

#12 “So I have known Islam on three continents before coming to the region where it was first revealed”

#13 “In ancient times and in our times, Muslim communities have been at the forefront of innovation and education.”

#14 “Throughout history, Islam has demonstrated through words and deeds the possibilities of religious tolerance and racial equality.”

#15 “Ramadan is a celebration of a faith known for great diversity and racial equality”

#16 “The Holy Koran tells us, ‘O mankind! We have created you male and a female; and we have made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another.’”

#17 “I look forward to hosting an Iftar dinner celebrating Ramadan here at the White House later this week, and wish you a blessed month.”

#18 “We’ve seen those results in generations of Muslim immigrants – farmers and factory workers, helping to lay the railroads and build our cities, the Muslim innovators who helped build some of our highest skyscrapers and who helped unlock the secrets of our universe.”

#19 “That experience guides my conviction that partnership between America and Islam must be based on what Islam is, not what it isn’t. And I consider it part of my responsibility as president of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear.”

#20 “I also know that Islam has always been a part of America’s story.”
    20 quotes from Obama regarding Christianity:
    #1 “Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation”

#2 “We do not consider ourselves a Christian nation.”

#3 “Which passages of scripture should guide our public policy? Should we go with Leviticus, which suggests slavery is OK and that eating shellfish is an abomination? Or we could go with Deuteronomy, which suggests stoning your child if he strays from the faith?”

#4 “Even those who claim the Bible’s inerrancy make distinctions between Scriptural edicts, sensing that some passages – the Ten Commandments, say, or a belief in Christ’s divinity – are central to Christian faith, while others are more culturally specific and may be modified to accommodate modern life.”

#5 “The American people intuitively understand this, which is why the majority of Catholics practice birth control and some of those opposed to gay marriage nevertheless are opposed to a Constitutional amendment to ban it. Religious leadership need not accept such wisdom in counseling their flocks, but they should recognize this wisdom in their politics.”

#6 From Obama’s book, The Audacity of Hope: “I am not willing to have the state deny American citizens a civil union that confers equivalent rights on such basic matters as hospital visitation or health insurance coverage simply because the people they love are of the same sex—nor am I willing to accept a reading of the Bible that considers an obscure line in Romans to be more defining of Christianity than the Sermon on the Mount.”

#7 Obama’s response when asked what his definition of sin is: “Being out of alignment with my values.”

#8 “If all it took was someone proclaiming I believe Jesus Christ and that he died for my sins, and that was all there was to it, people wouldn’t have to keep coming to church, would they.”

#9 “This is something that I’m sure I’d have serious debates with my fellow Christians about. I think that the difficult thing about any religion, including Christianity, is that at some level there is a call to evangelize and prostelytize. There’s the belief, certainly in some quarters, that people haven’t embraced Jesus Christ as their personal savior that they’re going to hell.”

#10 “I find it hard to believe that my God would consign four-fifths of the world to hell. I can’t imagine that my God would allow some little Hindu kid in India who never interacts with the Christian faith to somehow burn for all eternity. That’s just not part of my religious makeup.”

#11 “I don’t presume to have knowledge of what happens after I die. But I feel very strongly that whether the reward is in the here and now or in the hereafter, the aligning myself to my faith and my values is a good thing.”

#12 “I’ve said this before, and I know this raises questions in the minds of some evangelicals. I do not believe that my mother, who never formally embraced Christianity as far as I know … I do not believe she went to hell.”

#13 “Those opposed to abortion cannot simply invoke God’s will–they have to explain why abortion violates some principle that is accessible to people of all faiths.”

#14 On his support for civil unions for gay couples: “If people find that controversial then I would just refer them to the Sermon on the Mount.”

#15 “You got into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”

#16 “In our household, the Bible, the Koran and the Bhagavad Gita sat on the shelf alongside books of Greek and Norse and African mythology”

#17 “On Easter or Christmas Day, my mother might drag me to church, just as she dragged me to the Buddhist temple, the Chinese New Year celebration, the Shinto shrine, and ancient Hawaiian burial sites.”

#18 “We have Jews, Muslims, Hindus, atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, and their own path to grace is one that we have to revere and respect as much as our own”

#19 “All of us have a responsibility to work for the day when the mothers of Israelis and Palestinians can see their children grow up without fear; when the Holy Land of the three great faiths is the place of peace that God intended it to be; when Jerusalem is a secure and lasting home for Jews and Christians and Muslims, and a place for all of the children of Abraham to mingle peacefully together as in the story of Isra— (applause) — as in the story of Isra, when Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed, peace be upon them, joined in prayer. (Applause.)”

#20 “I believe that there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people.”
    So somebody says he's a Muslim and Trump is supposed to know for sure he's not, and say so?

I've seen compilations of quotes like these in various places. This one was taken from the following link, which just happened to be what came up first on a google search.
    http://www.youngcons.com/40-mind-blo...-christianity/

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck.

================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Who cares if hes a Muslim, Christian or Atheist?

Quote Originally Posted by RPES1 View Post
    Who cares if hes a Muslim, Christian or Atheist?
    Or a Catholic? Funny how that one religion never is included in his possible faiths....
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Of course Trump didn't correct the man. Speculation about Obama being a crypto-Muslim plays perfectly into the xenophobia he's hoping to ride to the nomination. As for whether Obama actually is a Muslim, who cares? It's not reflected in his policies, which are no different from what McCain or Romney's would have been - i.e. growing the welfare-warfare state.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 09-18-2015 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Or a Catholic? Funny how that one religion never is included in his possible faiths....
    Catholics are not Christians?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyInNY View Post
    Catholics are not Christians?
    They were the last time that I heard.
    Last edited by navy-vet; 09-18-2015 at 07:03 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast